Boy Suspended For Wearing Makeup?

I actually saw two boys, both about 14, wearing makeup as described in the story. They were both obvious deviants, but you sure didn't need to see their makeup to figure that out.

Shattered said:
* I agree.
* Why? Rock stars, actors, anchormen, clowns, all wear makeup for different reasons.
* I don't get this one, but I don't like racing, so..
* So, you think Mrs. Doubtfire was morally wrong, since RW did whatever necessary to see his kids?
* You can fight that one in court, and it will most likely be stricken from your record. A minor annoyance, but no big deal.

..among other things.

what you are doing is finding specific examples and trying to debunk the whole concept. Take the list I wrote, and apply liberal doses of common-sense. ;)

Makeup is not grounds for suspension... If it were, 99% of all highschool girls would be sent home on a daily basis for wearing far too much. Hell..they're not even sent home for wearing too few clothes. Goth students wear makeup similar to this all the time, and they're not sent home either.

-=d=- said:
what you are doing is finding specific examples and trying to debunk the whole concept. Take the list I wrote, and apply liberal doses of common-sense. ;)

I have plenty of common sense.. Enough to know what's really important, and makeup isn't it.

Shattered said:
Makeup is not grounds for suspension... If it were, 99% of all highschool girls would be sent home on a daily basis for wearing far too much. Hell..they're not even sent home for wearing too few clothes. Goth students wear makeup similar to this all the time, and they're not sent home either.
It's a local decision

dilloduck said:
Bingo---so the wacko should take it off when at school.

Again... why? It's part of his belief system.. If it weren't, and he was just doing it to appease his mother, he'd take it off on the way to school, and put it back on on the way home from school. But, it's obviously something he believes in.

I'm looking at it this way.. The way I dressed in school left a LOT to be desired, according to parents, teachers, etc. But, while I was there, I buckled down, did my work, didn't cause any trouble, etc. I just "looked" a bit different, and tended to go my own way. I was never suspended for it, and I don't think this kid should have been either.

Shattered said:

Violating the School Dress code, or causing a distraction - that's what the poor kid was disciplined for.

-=d=- said:
Her beliefs are wrong. She's helping the kid committ emotional/spiritual suicide. That makes me sad...and a bit angry.
and you know this how?

-=d=- said:
Violating the School Dress code, or causing a distraction - that's what the poor kid was disciplined for.

So... the school dress code was published along with the article, and we know he definitely violated it? Then...how come it took them so long to suspend him? Causing a distraction? If *that's* all it takes for a kid to lose total concentration in a school room, then perhaps there's not enough discipline in the distracted kids life. It's not like the kid with the makeup was sitting there throwing spitballs at people.

-=d=- said:
I refer back to certian said mentioned 'common sense'.
which makes no sense. I'm thinking you'll have to explain better how YOUR belief systems are correct and anyone elses that differs is not. That is if you want some credibility on it.

-=d=- said:
I refer back to certian said mentioned 'common sense'.

Sorry, D.. You know I like your views on a lot of thing, and that I agree with you on *most* other issues, but on this one, I think you're cracked. If you would honestly do as you said, and beat the crap out of your own kid should he choose to do something similar, I think that's wrong as well, but your choice as a parent.

This is where we agree to disagree.

SmarterThanYou said:
which makes no sense. I'm thinking you'll have to explain better how YOUR belief systems are correct and anyone elses that differs is not. That is if you want some credibility on it.

Like it our not, lines have to be drawn somewhere-----we all don't get to do anything we want to because we believe it. You wanna try to run a school?

dilloduck said:
Like it our not, lines have to be drawn somewhere-----we all don't get to do anything we want to because we believe it. You wanna try to run a school?
yeah, the marine corps didnt care too much for my questioning the 'do as I say, not as I do' mentality either. If you want or need to enforce something, you need to justify it sensibly, not just say 'i'm right, thats why'.

I see the "if you ain't Christian, you ain't shit" collective has reared it's ugly head again. Frankly, it's boorish. Always nice to see the standards for tolerance hit all time record highs though. :rolleyes:

It has become apparent that the only thing you assholes can tolerate are other assholes who believe exactly the same things you do in exactly the same manner.

MissileMan said:
I see the "if you ain't Christian, you ain't shit" collective has reared it's ugly head again. Frankly, it's boorish. Always nice to see the standards for tolerance hit all time record highs though. :rolleyes:

It has become apparent that the only thing you assholes can tolerate are other assholes who believe exactly the same things you do in exactly the same manner.

seems like you are reading through bitterness-coloured glasses, mate.

Forum List

Back