Boy Suspended For Wearing Makeup?

If the worst thing this kid does is wear a little bit of makeup, what's the big deal? You don't like the way he looks? Big deal. Look elsewhere.

Shattered said:
If the worst thing this kid does is wear a little bit of makeup, what's the big deal? You don't like the way he looks? Big deal. Look elsewhere.

I saw this dude on TV with his mother and between the 2 of them they have half a brain. The "make up" looks more like halloween time than anything close to effeminate. He wears it to help his "self-esteem" and feels bad when he doesn't have it on. Whew.

Shattered said:
So? I still don't understand the problem.

Me neither ---if the kid wants to think his "make-up" helps him who gives a damn--he'll either figure it out out kill himself if he doesn't get therapy

dilloduck said:
Me neither ---if the kid wants to think his "make-up" helps him who gives a damn--he'll either figure it out out kill himself if he doesn't get therapy

So...anyone (male, I assume) that wears makeup needs therapy?

Maybe a better question would be "What makes you think he needs therapy?" Is it the fact that he wears makeup at all, the fact that to you he looks strange, the fact that he has a different belief system? Something else I'm missing?

Shattered said:
Maybe a better question would be "What makes you think he needs therapy?" Is it the fact that he wears makeup at all, the fact that to you he looks strange, the fact that he has a different belief system? Something else I'm missing?

Because his "self-esteem" is something he paints on his face. If that were true we could get rid of prozac and therapy and just paint everybody's face. We certainly are NOT what we wear or look like.

Again - the mother AND her son need a severe beating...the kind of beating where the cops say "oh my god! what kind of animal could do this to another human being?!?"

-=d=- said:
Again - the mother AND her son need a severe beating...the kind of beating where the cops say "oh my god! what kind of animal could do this to another human being?!?"

You go dude----beat the devil outta those idiots !! :halo:

-=d=- said:

Why?

-=d=- said:
Her - because she's raising a kid to be nothing but jacked-up, emotionally and spiritually.

Him - because he's old enough to know better.

She's raising a kid according to her own belief system - is that not what you're doing?

Yes, he's old enough to know better - perhaps he agrees with her, and believes as she does, not because she ground it in, but because he's old enough to make his own choices, and wants to?

I'm *still* not seeing the problem here...

Shattered said:
She's raising a kid according to her own belief system - is that not what you're doing?

Her beliefs are wrong. She's helping the kid committ emotional/spiritual suicide. That makes me sad...and a bit angry.

-=d=- said:
Her beliefs are wrong. She's helping the kid committ emotional/spiritual suicide. That makes me sad...and a bit angry.

Why are her beliefs wrong, but mine, or yours correct?

Shattered said:

Yes, he's old enough to know better - perhaps he agrees with her, and believes as she does, not because she ground it in, but because he's old enough to make his own choices, and wants to?

I'm *still* not seeing the problem here...

I think the school sees it as disruptive to the other kids. We don't live in a vacuum---if he just hung around at home like that no one would give a damn how he looks.

Shattered said:
Why are her beliefs wrong, but mine, or yours correct?

again...some things are just 'absolutely wrong'...a list of examples follows:

Things which are 'wrong':

* two boys 'f*ckin'.
* boys wearing make-up to 'feel good about themselves'
* NASCAR (I could let that slide, however...)
* boys wearing dresses
* getting a ticket for 62mph in a 60mph zone

..among other things

dilloduck said:
I think the school sees it as disruptive to the other kids. We don't live in a vacuum---if he just hung around at home like that no one would give a damn how he looks.

I see droopy pants, sideways hats, and chains to be more disruptive than some makeup. Those are not sufficient grounds for a suspension; neither should this be.

-=d=- said:
again...some things are just 'absolutely wrong'...a list of examples follows:

Things which are 'wrong':

* two boys 'f*ckin'.
* boys wearing make-up to 'feel good about themselves'
* NASCAR (I could let that slide, however...)
* boys wearing dresses
* getting a ticket for 62mph in a 60mph zone

..among other things

* I agree.
* Why? Rock stars, actors, anchormen, clowns, all wear makeup for different reasons.
* I don't get this one, but I don't like racing, so..
* So, you think Mrs. Doubtfire was morally wrong, since RW did whatever necessary to see his kids?
* You can fight that one in court, and it will most likely be stricken from your record. A minor annoyance, but no big deal.

..among other things.

Shattered said:
I see droopy pants, sideways hats, and chains to be more disruptive than some makeup. Those are not sufficient grounds for a suspension; neither should this be.

Those are fads and worn by many. It's just another case where people don't always get to do what they want. Others have rights too .

New Topics

Forum List

Back