Boy Suspended For Wearing Makeup?

OCA said:
Besides the religous crap, DK you cannot tell me that if you had a son you wouldn't give him a serious beating for wearing makeup. I know I would.

what if it was black face and he was doing an al joelson routine?

manu1959 said:
what if it was black face and he was doing an al joelson routine?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OH DUDE---you kill me sometimes ! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

manu1959 said:
what about live and let live....
and do not judge others lest ye be judged....
and he without sin cast the first stone....
red eye shadow and black lipstick.....ya lets stone the kid...heathen
You've quoted very good verses, all of which I believe. I don't see where I've passed judement, I didn't say they couldn't do/believe as they so choose, I'm not casting any stones. (tChrist spoke these words to those who brought a woman to Him to be stoned.) But I didn't write the Book. Proverbs 20:11,: "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right".

OCA said:
I'd pound him just as hard for being an idiot instead of queer.

uh oh.................

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/secondary/SMIGRA*/Fucus.html

(Comp. Juv. ii.93). Ladies, who used paint, were occasionally betrayed by perspiration, tears, &c., of which a humourous picture is given by the comic poet Eubulus (ap. Athen. l.c.), and by Xenophon (Oecon. 10 §8). It would appear from Xenophon (Ibid. § 5) that even in his time men sometimes used paint, and in later times it may have been still more common: Demetrius Phalereus is expressly said to have done so (Duris, ap. Athen. xii. p542d).

Joz said:
You've quoted very good verses, all of which I believe. I don't see where I've passed judement, I didn't say they couldn't do/believe as they so choose, I'm not casting any stones. (tChrist spoke these words to those who brought a woman to Him to be stoned.) But I didn't write the Book. Proverbs 20:11,: "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right".

all true...i just find it hard to belive that christ would speak ill of a child for wearing eye liner and lipstick....

manu1959 said:
uh oh.................

(Comp. Juv. ii.93). Ladies, who used paint, were occasionally betrayed by perspiration, tears, &c., of which a humourous picture is given by the comic poet Eubulus (ap. Athen. l.c.), and by Xenophon (Oecon. 10 §8). It would appear from Xenophon (Ibid. § 5) that even in his time men sometimes used paint, and in later times it may have been still more common: Demetrius Phalereus is expressly said to have done so (Duris, ap. Athen. xii. p542d).

I'd be a bit leary of taking on Mel Gibson in Braveheart !

dilloduck said:
I'd be a bit leary of taking on Mel Gibson in Braveheart !

loved that movie...especially the scene where the arrows are raining in and the dude says..................

i have spoken to the lord....and he has found a way out for me but he is pretty sure your fooked

dilloduck said:
maybe but do we kick em outta school ?
What is suppose to happpen when you break the law? What happens when you don't adhere to the rules in the military? What happens when your son disobeys you?
There are rules. When my son started school each year, he was given a handbook. My son's school had a dress code. No sleevless shirt/blouses, no spandex, shorts were to be to the knee, plain t-shirts only--no writing or pictures. They either called a parent to coome bring somelhing else for the child to wear, or come get the child.

manu1959 said:
all true...i just find it hard to belive that christ would speak ill of a child for wearing eye liner and lipstick....
I'm not the one ranting about this child & his makeup. I'm ranting about his mother being a witch. I think there's a really big difference.

Joz said:
What is suppose to happpen when you break the law? What happens when you don't adhere to the rules in the military? What happens when your son disobeys you?
There are rules. When my son started school each year, he was given a handbook. My son's school had a dress code. No sleevless shirt/blouses, no spandex, shorts were to be to the knee, plain t-shirts only--no writing or pictures. They either called a parent to coome bring somelhing else for the child to wear, or come get the child.

I meant do we kick him outta school for being in what he thinks to be religious wear.

Joz said:
I'm not the one ranting about this child & his makeup. I'm ranting about his mother being a witch. I think there's a really big difference.

well after re reading the story which states:

"Herndon says his black lipstick and red eye makeup express the Wiccan religious beliefs he shares with his mother, a priestess in the neo-pagan faith. "

that would make her a witch and him a warlock and both condemed to burn in hell...correct?

but should he be expelled? he has the right to freedom of religion....so how is his make up any different than a cross, or a skull cap, or a jewish star?

manu1959 said:
uh oh.................

Again all this is before Christ, before there was a general concept of right vs wrong and a seperation of what is acceptable and what is over the line between the sexes.

I'm sorry but witch or no witch I find it unacceptable for a male to wear makeup as part of his everyday life, if you're acting a part in a play for example ok I see that but to want to wear makeup and lipstick just to wear them......seek counseling.

OCA said:
Again all this is before Christ, before there was a general concept of right vs wrong and a seperation of what is acceptable and what is over the line between the sexes.

I'm sorry but witch or no witch I find it unacceptable for a male to wear makeup as part of his everyday life, if you're acting a part in a play for example ok I see that but to want to wear makeup and lipstick just to wear them......seek counseling.
we already got em wearing earrings-----If I was an entrepeneur I would get a line of make up for men out real quick and get rich as hell !!!

dilloduck said:
I meant do we kick him outta school for being in what he thinks to be religious wear.
If you accept the rules of the school......

If the RULES STATED that no religious wear could be worn during school hours anyone wearing it would be wrong. Whether that means a cross, a rosary, a star. It the rules stated that you can only wear blue on Tuesday, then you're wrong if you wear blue on Friday.
If the rules stated that makeup can be worn, then this boy is not out of line. But if it stipulated that black lipstick is not allowed.....
How many of us have jobs where you can't have visible piercings, tattoos, etc? And what happens if you do?

dilloduck said:
we already got em wearing earrings-----If I was an entrepeneur I would get a line of make up for men out real quick and get rich as hell !!!

It took me many years to accept the earrings but finally I thought, what can I do? Alot of guys for some reason think it makes them look cool...dunno. Makeup???????????? FUCK NO!

Forum List

Back