Boy Suspended For Wearing Makeup?

gop_jeff said:
This I can agree with.

This I do not agree with.

I still think the whole issue is that the Wiccans wanted to make a scene for whatever reason. They succeeded when the school administration took the bait. Now they got thier hands full. Bet the kids at school just ignored this dude as a weirdo. Smarter than the adminstration already.

I don't think any kid should be wearing makeup in school...male or female...nor should they have on any jewelry other than a modest watch, if they must.

No cell phones, pagers, either....and I like the idea of school uniforms, too.

My son is gonna have it rough (he'll be home schooled, more than likely)

SmarterThanYou said:
and thats fine, I just think it's a distraction to the purpose of school, which is to be taught and learn. Most students are capable of avoiding the distraction, but others are not. When its distracting, I think all forms should be banned, but again, thats just me.

so in your world if i can argue that what you are wearing is distracting i can have it banned? cool...... (throws xray specs in the trash)

manu1959 said:
so in your world if i can argue that what you are wearing is distracting i can have it banned? cool...... (throughs xray specs in the trash)
maybe I should add 'any logical person' in with that? :D

Fmr jarhead said:
I don't think any kid should be wearing makeup in school...male or female...nor should they have on any jewelry other than a modest watch, if they must.

No cell phones, pagers, either....and I like the idea of school uniforms, too.

My son is gonna have it rough (he'll be home schooled, more than likely)

your avatar so belies the totalitarian state of you homelife :funnyface

manu1959 said:
so if i can logically argue that what i am wearing isn't distracting i don't have to take it off?
In my school, there was no "logical" arguement.
I only say this as an example, the school principal was the judge and jury.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
In my school, there was no "logical" arguement.
I only say this as an example, the school principal was the judge and jury.

same in my school.....i say let them wear what ever they want....peer pressure and the playground will sort them out

manu1959 said:
same in my school.....i say let them wear what ever they want....peer pressure and the playground will sort them out
Unless you were like me and didn't give a shit, and OBTW you can back it up.
Then again, I was a little extreme but I never wore makeup.

manu1959 said:

To hell with what they wear---according to my son, if they would just shut the fuck up in class it would improve education 90%.

SmarterThanYou said:
and thats fine, I just think it's a distraction to the purpose of school, which is to be taught and learn. Most students are capable of avoiding the distraction, but others are not. When its distracting, I think all forms should be banned, but again, thats just me.

Got it. :beer:

dilloduck said:
To hell with what they wear---according to my son, if they would just shut the fuck up in class it would improve education 90%.

let me guess....i somehow doubt you me and joker were quite in class.....and i some how doubt that our clothes were anything less than distracting

manu1959 said:
let me guess....i somehow doubt you me and joker were quite in class.....and i some how doubt that our clothes were anything less than distracting
You would be correct.
It was usually my good looks that caused distractions,
the clothes just complimented them. :D

manu1959 said:

no--I tried to stay invisable in class. I went to a DOD school on Okinawa--if you got in trouble --your dads' BOSS heard about it. NO WAY i was gonna chance that !

Fmr jarhead said:
I do not know 1 Wiccan (or someone who professes to be Wiccan) to be either a Satan worshipper or an Occultist....
Most simply follow the ways of Gaia...or Mother Earth, much the same way as the native American Indians did for thousands of years.
This is an interesting site that may shed a little light on the matter for you. http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr5.htmI mean no disrespect for anyone's religion, nor do I doubt anyone's faith....it is just another perspective that you may want to consider.
Once again I will reiterate, 'anyone can choose to believe however they want'. But if you're stating, you think I need to broaden my realm of acceptance for certain behaviors, I don't see that happening. I believe in the Bible. In Galatians 5:17-21 mentions witchcraft as contrary to the teachings of Christ. As for Earth worshippers, Romans 1:25: "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." I'm sorry. It's wrong.

Joz said:
Once again I will reiterate, 'anyone can choose to believe however they want'. But if you're stating, you think I need to broaden my realm of acceptance for certain behaviors, I don't see that happening. I believe in the Bible. In Galatians 5:17-21 mentions witchcraft as contrary to the teachings of Christ. As for Earth worshippers, Romans 1:25: "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." I'm sorry. It's wrong.

maybe but do we kick em outta school ?

Joz said:

what about live and let live

and do not judge others lest ye be judged

and he without sin cast the first stone

red eye shadow and black lipstick.....ya lets stone the kid...heathen

SmarterThanYou said:
gotta love all the religious tolerance we spread around. :blah2:

Besides the religous crap, DK you cannot tell me that if you had a son you wouldn't give him a serious beating for wearing makeup. I know I would.

Forum List

Back