Boy Suspended For Wearing Makeup?

manu1959 said:
i loved dating the catholic school girls :boobies: :cool:

Please never write the word 'dating' and show the :boobies: icon near my writing the words 'my daughter'.

lol :D

I'm in denial. She's 5. 10 years from now, I'll still see her as 5.

SmarterThanYou said:
gotta love all the religious tolerance we spread around. :blah2:

So do public school dress codes not override freedom of religion? Frankly, I would agree with you, STY, but Christians are regularly silenced when trying to wear "controversial" shirts, etc. Given the precedence, the ruling is in line. But I, like you, would rather that freedom of religion trumped dress codes.

-=d=- said:
Please never write the word 'dating' and show the :boobies: icon near my writing the words 'my daughter'.

lol :D

I'm in denial. She's 5. 10 years from now, I'll still see her as 5.

dude my daughter is 2......every time i look at her i just cringe

It seems to me that the administration finally decided to take on the obvious challenge to thier authority. Guess if the dude is a Wiccan he's still free to go to a public school isn't he?

manu1959 said:
dude my daughter is 2......every time i look at her i just cringe
LOL...mine is 17...there's a point you just accept the good, the bad and ugly..don't know when it happened and still don't like it, but what are you gonna do? Maybe having a daughter is our punishment for....being male.:poop:

gop_jeff said:
So do public school dress codes not override freedom of religion? Frankly, I would agree with you, STY, but Christians are regularly silenced when trying to wear "controversial" shirts, etc. Given the precedence, the ruling is in line. But I, like you, would rather that freedom of religion trumped dress codes.
if there is, in fact, a dress code at the school then yes, it overrides religion. As far as christians being 'silenced', I think thats wrong also. School should not be a place for political, religious, or other forms of non-personal expression other than learning.

Mr. P said:
LOL...mine is 17...there's a point you just accept the good, the bad and ugly..don't know when it happened and still don't like it, but what are you gonna do? Maybe having a daughter is our punishment for....being male.:poop:

Or maybe being male whores in our day.
I can't wait for the first little punk (me ten years ago) to ring my doorbell
so I can chase him off like I got.
I don't think I'll shoot him in the ass with rock salt though....
:dev1:

SmarterThanYou said:
if there is, in fact, a dress code at the school then yes, it overrides religion. As far as christians being 'silenced', I think thats wrong also. School should not be a place for political, religious, or other forms of non-personal expression other than learning.

So you think Christians being silenced from wearing their messages on T-shirts is wrong, but you also think that school is not a place for religious expression? :confused: You're gonna have to explain that one.

SmarterThanYou said:

So you'd boot a Christian for wearing a cross? Where do ya draw the line here?

SmarterThanYou said:
My school had a "everything" rule. Basicly it said we couldn't present
ourselves in any way to attract unusaul attention. That pretty much covered
whatever they wanted to.

gop_jeff said:
So you think Christians being silenced from wearing their messages on T-shirts is wrong, but you also think that school is not a place for religious expression? :confused: You're gonna have to explain that one.
since currently, religious expression is allowed, I think its wrong for ANYONE to be silenced be it christian, jewish, bhuddist, or wiccan.

my PERSONAL belief is that the schools should be free of all forms on non-personal expression (wearing a cross on a necklace would be fine, a t-shirt in the open would not) when it concerns religion or politics(throw in sexual orientation on both sides if you like).

JOKER96BRAVO said:
whatever they wanted to.
kind of like article 142 of the UCMJ, the catch all article.

dilloduck said:
So you'd boot a Christian for wearing a cross? Where do ya draw the line here?
as I explained in another reply, a cross on a necklace under the shirt is fine. A t-shirt with a crucifix or some other such display would not be, in MY perfect world anyway.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
whatever they wanted to.

I don't know about y'all but Brittney Spears in the same school uniform as Phyllis Diller would STILL attract a lot more attention.

dilloduck said:
I don't know about y'all but Brittney Spears in the same school uniform as Phyllis Diller would STILL attract a lot more attention.
We didn't have uniforms, but I agree.
They used it to discriminate against all the "different" kids, cause they
knew that was the only legal way. Might have been the case for this kid.

SmarterThanYou said:
since currently, religious expression is allowed, I think its wrong for ANYONE to be silenced be it christian, jewish, bhuddist, or wiccan.

This I can agree with.

my PERSONAL belief is that the schools should be free of all forms on non-personal expression (wearing a cross on a necklace would be fine, a t-shirt in the open would not) when it concerns religion or politics(throw in sexual orientation on both sides if you like).

This I do not agree with.

Joz said:
I was not going to dignify your post with an answer but I can't let it go. I am VERY tolerant of others' beliefs. And if this is what this woman chooses, that IS her business. BUT this is in direct contradiction to Christ's teachings. I didn't realize you weren't a Bible believer.

I do not know 1 Wiccan (or someone who professes to be Wiccan) to be either a Satan worshipper or an Occultist....

Most simply follow the ways of Gaia...or Mother Earth, much the same way as the native American Indians did for thousands of years.

This is an interesting site that may shed a little light on the matter for you. http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr5.htm

I mean no disrespect for anyone's religion, nor do I doubt anyone's faith....it is just another perspective that you may want to consider.

gop_jeff said:
This I do not agree with.
and thats fine, I just think it's a distraction to the purpose of school, which is to be taught and learn. Most students are capable of avoiding the distraction, but others are not. When its distracting, I think all forms should be banned, but again, thats just me.

Forum List

Back