Boy Scouts...what more needs to be said?

I hope this turns out well. The sexes have to learn how to trust and work successfully with one another. After all, assuming that they are heterosexual, they are going to have to work together on a very important mission: having and raising babies! The idea is to teach the skills necessary to build successful partnerships.

I really don't know what teaching a boy to be a "man" or teaching a girl how to be a "woman," involves, but one thing I have picked up is that some all-male groups spend a lot of time bad-mouthing girls and women, communicating an "at least we're not THEM"/We're better than THEM" mentality. This should not be taught to anyone.
I used to belong to the He man woman haters club
We never did such a thing

The Boy Scouts is an organization that - let's be honest - teaches boys how to be a "man," and, truth be told, prepares them for military service, whether they have any thoughts on that subject or not.

They learn about character, ethics, teamwork, leadership, and they might even pick up a useful basket of skills along the way.

Girls have no place in this program.

Not that there is anything wrong with girls, but introducing girls into this culture CHANGES IT DRAMATICALLY. Instead of thinking about what they are doing and what they are learning, they will be thinking about how they look, and whether one girl or another "likes" them, and a whole mountain of sexual and pre-sexual bullshit. Not to mention how fucked up girls are at that age, and the things THEY are dealing with, which might be indelicate to mention.

In today's culture, introducing girls into the Boy Scouts is INVITING a tidal wave of complaints of one sort or another, sexual harassment, sexual discrimination, sex abuse, unwanted teen pregnancies, and so on. And it puts a huge additional responsibility on the leaders and organizers to take EXTREME precautions to try to preemptively prevent and resolve those issues.

If girls want to go camping in a similar environment, they should talk to their Girl Scout or Indian Guide, or whatever organization they belong to and work it out. But stay the fuck out of the BSA.

And the fact the BSA leaders are so oblivious to cultural, personal, and sexual reality is absolutely stunning. A pox on all of them.
My son is an Eagle Scout and was in scouting from the time he was six till eighteen.

I mostly agree with the impacts of blurring the line between Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. The dynamics of camping trips will change. Not only in maintaining a chaperoned environment but how boys act when girls are around.

Plus except for the cookie sales this may be the death knell for Girl Scouts.

Oh! They got me not too long ago. I think those cookie boxes have 1 less cookie per row and 1 less whole row.

I stopped buying them when the Girls Scouts partnered with Planned Parenthood. Breaks my heart to tell a little girl no but it is what it is
Who do you think you're bullshitting, it made your fucking day to say no to some little girl scout trying to sell her cookies. Did you start lecturing her on abortion?

The Boy Scouts is an organization that - let's be honest - teaches boys how to be a "man," and, truth be told, prepares them for military service, whether they have any thoughts on that subject or not.

They learn about character, ethics, teamwork, leadership, and they might even pick up a useful basket of skills along the way.

Not that there is anything wrong with girls, but introducing girls into this culture CHANGES IT DRAMATICALLY. Instead of thinking about what they are doing and what they are learning, they will be thinking about how they look, and whether one girl or another "likes" them, and a whole mountain of sexual and pre-sexual bullshit. Not to mention how fucked up girls are at that age, and the things THEY are dealing with, which might be indelicate to mention.

In today's culture, introducing girls into the Boy Scouts is INVITING a tidal wave of complaints of one sort or another, sexual harassment, sexual discrimination, sex abuse, unwanted teen pregnancies, and so on. And it puts a huge additional responsibility on the leaders and organizers to take EXTREME precautions to try to preemptively prevent and resolve those issues.

If girls want to go camping in a similar environment, they should talk to their Girl Scout or Indian Guide, or whatever organization they belong to and work it out. But stay the fuck out of the BSA.

And the fact the BSA leaders are so oblivious to cultural, personal, and sexual reality is absolutely stunning. A pox on all of them.
My son is an Eagle Scout and was in scouting from the time he was six till eighteen.

I mostly agree with the impacts of blurring the line between Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. The dynamics of camping trips will change. Not only in maintaining a chaperoned environment but how boys act when girls are around.

Plus except for the cookie sales this may be the death knell for Girl Scouts.

Oh! They got me not too long ago. I think those cookie boxes have 1 less cookie per row and 1 less whole row.

I stopped buying them when the Girls Scouts partnered with Planned Parenthood. Breaks my heart to tell a little girl no but it is what it is
Who do you think you're bullshitting, it made your fucking day to say no to some little girl scout trying to sell her cookies. Did you start lecturing her on abortion?
SmellyIrishAss enjoys torturing young children

I hope this turns out well. The sexes have to learn how to trust and work successfully with one another. After all, assuming that they are heterosexual, they are going to have to work together on a very important mission: having and raising babies! The idea is to teach the skills necessary to build successful partnerships.

I really don't know what teaching a boy to be a "man" or teaching a girl how to be a "woman," involves, but one thing I have picked up is that some all-male groups spend a lot of time bad-mouthing girls and women, communicating an "at least we're not THEM"/We're better than THEM" mentality. This should not be taught to anyone.

Why not? Hopefully you didn't reproduce.

Why not? Hopefully you didn't reproduce.

You don't agree that females and males have to work together on the most important projects? Nobody should ever have sex and reproduce with someone they don't respect or who doesn't respect them. These are intimate acts, you know.

They did not teach me any such thing. The world is changing, do not get left in the dust.

Forum List

Back