Boy Scouts flip ACLU the finger too!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Merlin1047, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha. Love it.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41937

Boy Scouts raise funds
    outside ACLU
    Troop takes annual popcorn sale to Virginia headquarters

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 15, 2004
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A Boy Scout troop that routinely sells popcorn prior to the holidays is taking its fund-raiser to the enemy this year as it hawks the treat today in front of the Virginia headquarters of the American Civil Liberties Union.

According to Tom McKenna, chairman of Troop 828's executive committee, the boys will stake out a spot outside the ACLU office in downtown Richmond, Va., from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time. The troop is chartered by St. Joseph's parish in Richmond.

"This is just our little (five boys) troop's way to make our opposition known," McKenna told WND.

As WorldNetDaily reported, the most recent success by the ACLU against the Boy Scouts occurred when the Pentagon agreed to warn its bases not to sponsor Boy Scout troops as part of the settlement of a 5-year-old lawsuit brought by the legal group. The ACLU charged the government with improperly supporting a group requiring members to believe in God, complaining that Boy Scouts of America "requires troop and pack leaders, in this case government employees, to compel youth to swear an oath of duty to God."

The Boy Scouts aren't the only ones to gather at an ACLU office in protest. As WND reported, last week a group of demonstrators with Public Advocate of the United States sang Christmas carols in front of the Washington, D.C., office of ACLU to protest the organization's attempts to take religious references, including Christmas references, out of the public square.

Public Advocate President Eugene Delgaudio mentioned the Boy Scouts at the group's protest.

"It is exciting to see all these people singing Christmas carols, including the ACLU staff members that have joined us today," he said. "Regardless of our differences, we are all proud to be Americans this Christmas, and may God bless those that are currently in harms way to bravely protect our freedoms. We must remember that the Boy Scout troops in danger of being kicked-off these military bases are made up of the sons of those brave soldiers, sailors and marines."

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Listening to the Glenn Beck program being broadcast from Richmond, VA, and he's frickin' buying popcorn today.

3. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

I bought that popcorn before it was cool!

:cool:

4. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I promise if I lived anywhere within a 200 mile radius I'd be there to buy a truckload of popcorn. And I'd leave it for the folks in the ACLU offices to enjoy. With a "Merry Christmas" note attached.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,799
    I'd like to see one group, just ONE GROUP, DEDICATED to being a huge pain in the ass to the aclu. This liberal, Godless, pro-anything un-American group is degenerating into nothing more than hitler's old SS.

They do more harm than good to and for Americans and their way of life.

6. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    If you want to order popcorn for this troop, go to www.orderpopcorn.com and enter the order key te3y29.

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I managed to pass the above information on to Bill O'Reilly. I didn't talk to him directly, but one of his phone screeners wrote it down and said he'd see if O'Reilly wanted to read it on the air.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I think that WE should do it. I mean, we are already kind of a 'group'...we all love to piss off liberals for fun and profit, because it is so easy, and they are so predictable.

Seriously, we should look into getting the rest of us together on this. I know I would love to do this. Then we can just say "The devil made us do it" :dev1:

9. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    my husband's cousin is in scouts, and we buy stuff from him every year. every christmas, we get our tree from their lot. they are a little pricier than the average lot, but i feel better about the $$ going to the scouts. And guess where their lot is every year? The VFW. They let them sell their trees there for free. No lot rent charged.

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Sign me up for that one!! :thup: