Boy nearly suspended for 2in LEGO gun in school

By the way, nice touch on the username :lol:

Sorry about the loss. I picked the Saints score right though in that PM yesterday :redface:

That sucks. My daughter can bring a toy in every friday for show and tell. And she also brings some kind of toy, whether it's a stuffed animal or a doll or whatever, like everyday.

I love our school system, but I think if they got that tight assed that kids couldn't bring a toy in to share with their friends, I'd consider moving her to another school. I just don't see any reason for such a rule.

Well, you know those mean old public schools. They think school should be for learning, not playing! :evil:

I think our Kindergarten kids can bring a toy for show and tell on Fridays.....not sure, but I'll check when I go back to school, because they should at least be able to for that.

This is a public school I'm talking about, EZ.

If the toy ends up distracting from the learning experience, then the teacher can and should simply have the student put it away. But I don't see why a student can't otherwise bring a toy in to show their friends.

When I came up through school, we brought anything and everything to school. All the fads, like those stupid slap bracelets, and even the laser pointers. The laser pointers eventually got banned for obvious reasons, but you get what I'm saying.

There's a huge difference between sharing a personal item with friends, and having that item distract from the overall learning experience. As with anything, there's a time and a place for things.

Public School violence continues to increase and the perps and victims are getting younger, so they have to at least pretend they are doing something. Since they're not interested in looking at the root cause of the problems and finding viable solutions, you get knee-jerk reactions such as this.

BTW, this lady knows what she's talking about:

Reason Foundation - Staff > Lisa Snell

Here's a quote that makes a lot of sense:

"Forced assignment to schools and the resulting mismatches and detachment beget boredom and violence and create schools that are unresponsive to parental demands for safer schools."
Lisa Snell

When I was in sixth grade we had a day to bring in our favorite toy and write about it.
I brought in my remote controlled tank. It could turn left, right, and the turret could turn.
I wonder what would happen to a kid who would dare do that these days.

This is amazing that this would happen.

Picture:
LEGO My Gun: S.I. Boy Faced Suspension Over Tiny Toy - News- msnbc.com

A fourth grade New Dorp boy faced the prospect of suspension after the principal at his South Beach school saw him playing with an action figure carrying a toy machine gun.

Patrick Timoney, a 9-year-old student at PS 52, and friends were playing with LEGOs during their lunch period when the principal took him into her office over the two-inch toy gun carried by a standard policeman figure.

Margie Feinberg, a spokeswoman for the Department of Education, told the Staten Island Advance that there is a no-tolerance policy for toy guns in schools.

Maybe the kids dad ought to tell Mahhhhhhhge FeinenbuggerMestein that he saw an " evil Palestinian" in the parking lot and didn't want to wind up like the " victimz" of the Holohoax.
Another fucking Jew on a power trip.

I would have hoped that the Department of Education would have bigger problems to worry about - like kids actually learning - than some little kid playing with Lego. Good grief. I have a zero tolerance policy for fucking idiots running the DoE.

Forum List

Back