Boy Erased

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
I had never heard of this movie until I saw it on some bootleg site last night, but figured I'd give it a watch. It's based on a true story about a teenager forced by his pastor father to enter a gay conversion therapy program. Overall a decent movie.

Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe played the teenager's parents. Joel Edgerton played the guy running Love in Action, the center for gay conversion therapy. It was well acted. There were some disturbing scenes that would give some on this message board a woody. Kids being beaten with bibles, and committing suicide soon after.

If you're on the left I'm sure you'll enjoy the message. If you're on the right you'll get to blow a load a couple times. I'd recommend it.

Interesting true story behind this movie.

I read up on the true story after watching the movie last night. The former director of Love in Action (played by Joel Edgerton) is now married to his life-partner. Very successful program they have there.

I had never heard of this movie until I saw it on some bootleg site last night, but figured I'd give it a watch. It's based on a true story about a teenager forced by his pastor father to enter a gay conversion therapy program. Overall a decent movie.

Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe played the teenager's parents. Joel Edgerton played the guy running Love in Action, the center for gay conversion therapy. It was well acted. There were some disturbing scenes that would give some on this message board a woody. Kids being beaten with bibles, and committing suicide soon after.

If you're on the left I'm sure you'll enjoy the message. If you're on the right you'll get to blow a load a couple times. I'd recommend it.

I thought it was an absolutely terrific movie, myself.

It was understated rather than telegraphing emotional moments in a very obvious way and I thought it much better for it.

Forum List

Back