Boy did I get lucky...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I've been looking for a truck for quite awhile here, but trucks are very much at a premium around here, this is truck country. And needless to say, the Chevy's are the hardest to find. If you're not the first one there when a good one goes on sale... you loose. Well, I "was" the "first one" the other day, and even though I was writing out the check to buy it, they were lined up behind me asking how much and saying I'll take it.

I almost felt bad though, because it was an elderly couples truck and they had bought it new. It only has 22,000 miles on it, and has been garage kept. I've never seen a nicer looking used vehicle. The old guy had a stroke a few years back, so the truck just didn't get used, and the woman thought it was too big for her to navigate. So I got a '97 fully loaded Silverado for $8,500.00, and it books for around $11,500. Like I said, I felt bad. I knew I was getting it for far less than it was worth. The early bird gets the worm though, and this time, I was early bird...

0010_011-1.jpg

0010_005-1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
freeandfun1 said:
Nice!

Excellent condition. Looks like you got a helluva price on it too! :thup: :beer:

Yeah I kinda felt like I was "ripping the old folks off", like they didn't really know what it was worth. But they were pretty well off. Huge house. They had a Lexus and a Honda sitting right next to it, so I wasn't really hurting them getting it for cheap. I was just LUCKY... :mm:

Elderly people's cars and trucks are the best ones to buy. They keep them immaculate and never go over 50 MPH, the only thing you may have to do is blow out some of the carbons..LOL

Nice truck! Good luck with it. If I was there I would throw change in the back seat for luck!!!!! :)

Bonnie said:
Elderly people's cars and trucks are the best ones to buy. They keep them immaculate and never go over 50 MPH, the only thing you may have to do is blow out some of the carbons..LOL Nice truck!

...and it seems their left turn singal never shuts off... :p:

Bonnie said:
Elderly people's cars and trucks are the best ones to buy. They keep them immaculate and never go over 50 MPH, the only thing you may have to do is blow out some of the carbons..LOL

Nice truck! Good luck with it. If I was there I would throw change in the back seat for luck!!!!! :)

I do have an old horse shoe I've been carting around in God only knows how many of my vehicles in it under the seat. I've never been stranded out in the middle of nowhere, so I guess it's been a lucky one.

But hey, I think I'll throw some change in the back seat on your behalf Bon... :thup:

no1tovote4 said:
We both have trucks.

Yup. Gotta have a truck. I've had plenty of cars, but that was only when I also had a truck. If I'm ever down to one vehicle, it's going to be a truck.

-=d=- said:
...and it seems their left turn singal never shuts off... :p:

And the steering wheels are inordinately high - to where a body has to peer through the top half of the danged fool things...

Pale Rider said:
Yup. Gotta have a truck. I've had plenty of cars, but that was only when I also had a truck. If I'm ever down to one vehicle, it's going to be a truck.

And it got brand new Rancho RS5000 shocks in all four corners yesterday. What a MAJOR difference from the crap that was on it.

Forum List

Back