Boxer on MSNBC: Reconciliation has been used 22 times

According to the news this evening, the GOP is now stating that reconciliation is the nuclear option of politics, and it's never been done before.

Only problem is, the REAL nuclear option was when the GOP wanted to get rid of the filibuster, because they didn't want their cabinet/SCOTUS appointments filibustered.

As far as reconciliation? It's been done 20 something times since 1998. 16 of those were by the GOP.

Shit..........one of 'em stated that Congress should go through reconciliation once a session!

But, what else do you expect from the party of no? They sure as shit ain't gonna tell you the truth.

According to the news this evening, the GOP is now stating that reconciliation is the nuclear option of politics, and it's never been done before.

Only problem is, the REAL nuclear option was when the GOP wanted to get rid of the filibuster, because they didn't want their cabinet/SCOTUS appointments filibustered.

As far as reconciliation? It's been done 20 something times since 1998. 16 of those were by the GOP.

Shit..........one of 'em stated that Congress should go through reconciliation once a session!

But, what else do you expect from the party of no? They sure as shit ain't gonna tell you the truth.
>

That was Eric Cantor, who stated reconciliation should be used once a session.

Last edited:
Reconciliation is too much too hope for. If the Dems take this route they will lose every Senate race and easily lose 100 maybe 125 or more House seats.

This is like that dream I used to have where I'm on an airplane ride sitting between Shelly Smith and Farah Fawcett

When they come up with this as some kind of foreign thing, ask them what the R in Cobra stands for.

God damn these people lie. They know this is not the nuclear option. Something they came up with.

Reconciliation is too much too hope for. If the Dems take this route they will lose every Senate race and easily lose 100 maybe 125 or more House seats.

This is like that dream I used to have where I'm on an airplane ride sitting between Shelly Smith and Farah Fawcett

After bush used it, he immediatly lost, correct?

Forum List

Back