Boxer and Dems to Challenge Electoral vote

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Democrats to Force Debate on Ohio Results

1 minute ago

By ALAN FRAM, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - A small group of Democrats agreed Thursday to force House and Senate debates on Election Day problems in Ohio before letting Congress certify President Bush (news - web sites)'s win over Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) in November.

http://rawstory.com/

Sen. Barbara Boxer (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., signed a challenge mounted by House Democrats to Ohio's 20 electoral votes, which put Bush over the top. By law, a challenge signed by members of the House and Senate requires both chambers to meet separately for up to two hours to consider it. Lawmakers are allowed to speak for no more than five minutes each.

While Bush's victory is not in jeopardy, the Democratic challenge will force Congress to interrupt tallying the Electoral College (news - web sites) vote, which is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. EST Thursday. It would be only the second time since 1877 that the House and Senate were forced into separate meetings to consider electoral votes.

oh great !!

It think they have all completely lost their minds!!! I thought the comedy from the libs was going to be light today, I should have known better Dillo!! LOL

I've been surfing DU. Everyone claims the'yere crying and shaking at the monumental importance of what Boxer is doing. (being a turd on the punchbowl)

However, there are a few who realize that most of Conyer stuff is easily refutable and that this will set a nice precedent the next time a Dem is elected.

Pointless as it is, it will make for some good theater!

Go, Barbara! :thewave:

It won't change the outcome, but heck they have the right to do that don't they? It makes the grass-roots Dems feel better about themselves if they feel their reps are doing something, even if it is worthless posturing.

Of course she has every right to do it but IMO it's nothing more than grandstanding.

How about doing something with REAL impact - like drafting legislation to reform voting in the US?

Flying Duck said:
Of course she has every right to do it but IMO it's nothing more than grandstanding.

How about doing something with REAL impact - like drafting legislation to reform voting in the US?

Well if they did that they might not get the sought-after dead vote. That is a minority that always seems to vote Democrat and they can't lose it!

This is just a feel-good measure to make their constituency feel like something is happening when nothing of substance is or will happen.

They just can't accept it can they, that they're veiws are not what Americans want? It's kind of funny, but mostly just sad. It really is, I'm not being sarcastic. It's that feeling you would get if say you're in a tennis match or something, and the other guy commits suicide when he loses to you.

I can't wait to see DU when this gets shot down.

I hope that the GOP majority forces a roll call vote (not a voice vote) so we can see the true Kool-Aid drinkers - and use the vote for ammunition next election cycle.

theim said:
I can't wait to see DU when this gets shot down.

Okay, here ya go.

They will say:

Idiot dem1: I can't believe those Kook-Aid drinkers cannot see that Bush cheated in this election. Wait until all the evidence that Kerry has requested that they keep comes out! You will see! Impeachment, yaay!

Idiot dem2: Oh yeah! That's been the goal the whole time. They impeach ours for breaking the law, we make up stuff to make us feel like he is going to get impeached. I bet he's hitting some of the interns too!

Idiot dem1: Yeah, you are so right.

Idiot dem3: Yeah, you are also right.

no1tovote4 said:
Okay, here ya go.

They will say:

Idiot dem1: I can't believe those Kook-Aid drinkers cannot see that Bush cheated in this election. Wait until all the evidence that Kerry has requested that they keep comes out! You will see! Impeachment, yaay!

Idiot dem2: Oh yeah! That's been the goal the whole time. They impeach ours for breaking the law, we make up stuff to make us feel like he is going to get impeached. I bet he's hitting some of the interns too!

Idiot dem1: Yeah, you are so right.

Idiot dem3: Yeah, you are also right.

hehe, i s'pose you're right. I made the mistake of assuming that people there had individual minds. I forgot that there is only GroupThink over there.

But seriosuly though, Do they have absolutely no shame? They lost! Everyone admits it! Kerry admits it! Do they realize they are just looking like the biggest crybabies in the world? Do they know how petty this all looks. Seriosly, I could never imagine supporting this. I would just accept a Dem president and get on with my life.

theim said:
But seriosuly though, Do they have absolutely no shame? They lost! Everyone admits it! Kerry admits it! Do they realize they are just looking like the biggest crybabies in the world? Do they know how petty this all looks. Seriosly, I could never imagine supporting this. I would just accept a Dem president and get on with my life.

It just underlines the idea that their party is dying. No matter how "angry" they get they still can't win. Before now their goal was to make Minorities feel angry and they would win because the GOP couldn't get out the vote like they could. They still can't realize that the GOP has beat them at the grass-roots level. They are barely starting to get into the internet game with Politics, they have nothing like GOP Team Leaders, etc.

no1tovote4 said:
It won't change the outcome, but heck they have the right to do that don't they? It makes the grass-roots Dems feel better about themselves if they feel their reps are doing something, even if it is worthless posturing.

Yes they have this one last shread of hope left...........LOL

I had the Senate on in the background, I forget who it was but WHY was someone bringing up PRESCRIPTION DRUGS when the topic should be whether Ohio's electotal votes should count?

Flying Duck said:
I had the Senate on in the background, I forget who it was but WHY was someone bringing up PRESCRIPTION DRUGS when the topic should be whether Ohio's electotal votes should count?

Because they really don't have a reason that they shouldn't count. Since it is hard to fill up 5 minutes of time with inane gossip, they talk about other issues.

Listening to Hillary now and she is actually saying that we need electronic voting machines. now, if you go to DU, they claim that the dems lost the election because of electronic voting machines. so funny.

New Topics

Forum List

Back