Box office surprises win at 31st People's Choice Awards

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
(01-09) 20:35 PST PASADENA, Calif. (AP) --

Two controversial films that defied the odds to earn millions at the box office joined a familiar green ogre to take top honors at the 31st Annual People's Choice Awards on Sunday.

The Michael Moore film "Fahrenheit 9/11," which took a critical look at President Bush's actions after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, won the favorite movie award, while Mel Gibson's explicit "The Passion of the Christ" won in the favorite drama category.

Moore dedicated his win to the U.S. troops fighting overseas and said he was "amazed" that people voted his film their favorite.
Full Story

Im so sick of Hollywood creating awards ceramonies to give themselves rewards and then pretend they are so great because they got an award.

Tell me did anyone here get a choice in this people's Choice awards?

the winners of the awards are BS, because of one fact that many people pointed out, but no one really talked about it.

Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the PoA, was nominated for "Best Villain"...ummm...anyone who has seen the movie, or read the books, knows that Sirius Black is NOT a villain. He is a good guy. For 3/4 the movie he is made out to be a bad guy.

This alone, made me realize the awards are bullshit, and NOT people's choice. It's the Hollywood Elite's Choice.

So out of pure curiosity...how did F9/11 manage to beat out films that made a hell of alot more money in theatres and on DVD like Spiderman 2, Shrek 2, Harry Potter, etc? Yeah, this thing is bogus.

Im so sick of Hollywood creating awards ceramonies to give themselves rewards and then pretend they are so great because they got an award.

this has to be the best answer ive seen here on any board (well its not like i belong to other boards, but you know what i mean.). hollywierd is so full of itself now days that they could film someone taking a shit and would put it in for an award.

anyone seen shaun of the dead for example? extrordiniary waste of my time and money

Johnney said:
this has to be the best answer ive seen here on any board (well its not like i belong to other boards, but you know what i mean.). hollywierd is so full of itself now days that they could film someone taking a shit and would put it in for an award.

anyone seen shaun of the dead for example? extrordiniary waste of my time and money

Stupidest freakin movie I've seen since... Army of Darkness.

I certainly have not! I think this was mostly an on-line kind of set up in which MM had all kinds if links on his website so his loyal followers could stuff the boxes so to speak.

Johnney said:
now you made me go and look up some wavs from that one...lol

You can't *possibly* think I'm clicking THAT link... That is number 3 on my top 10 list of *really* suckass movies. :D #2 is Forbidden Zone (longest HOUR and 15 mins of your life - Tattoo from Fantasy Island plays a king), #1 is Big Trouble In Little China. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Shattered said:
You can't *possibly* think I'm clicking THAT link... That is number 3 on my top 10 list of *really* suckass movies. :D #2 is Forbidden Zone (longest HOUR and 15 mins of your life - Tattoo from Fantasy Island plays a king), #1 is Big Trouble In Little China. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
big trouble kicked ass!

Hollywood awarding Micheal Moore the People's Choice Award is like the United Nations having the Sudan on its Human Rights Commission. Both are a bad joke.

If you wanted to have a perfect example of a bought jury, this is it! Hollywood hates Bush, so of course, they're going to shower accolades on his Royal Heftiness, the Mouth that Never Sleeps, Michael "Jabba The Hutt" Moore. The man can bend and distort facts like a contortionist.

Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 is second only to Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph of the Will" as a classic example of a propoganda film for the bad guys. It is no coincidence that Fidel Castro and Hezzbollah wanted Fahrenheit 9/11 to be shown in Cuba and in the Middle East, respectively.... Micheal Moore is playing their tune!

jimnyc said:
Did Fast Times at Ridemont High win anything? That movie was awesome! :)
True.... while the Hollywood Elite are busily giving an award to one traitorous scumbag, they might as well give an award to Sean Penn and kill two birds with one stone (now that's an idea!).

Perhaps Saddam Hussein can put in a good word for him.

Actually, I think that Michael Moore ought to consider playing Jabba the Hutt in the next Star Wars flick. He has the figure and the personality for it (slimy, like the slug that he is).

P.S. OK.... I'm in a bad mood tonight! You'd be too if you missed "Sesame Street!"

Forum List

Back