"Bowling For Columbine" really ticked me off!!

Originally posted by Said1
Moore went into a very nice area, close to the core of downtown Toronto, instead of going to any of the many housing projects located in the GTA. I live in the not-so-nice part of an area like that, and I would be screaming my head off if someone did that, day or night. I keep my door unlocked during the day, but we lock it and put a board up at night.

Yeah no kidding, do that in the North End of Winnipeg and you'll have an entire gang of Indian Posse, Manitoba Warriors or Hells Angels on your back.

Originally posted by deciophobic
I'm done with this thread. You obviously can't come up with anything to prove your point. By the way, it's not very nice to call someone a fat, donout eating idiot just because you don't agree with what he says. Sounds kind of childish to me.

I asked for opinions. What are yours?

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
Yeah no kidding, do that in the North End of Winnipeg and you'll have an entire gang of Indian Posse, Manitoba Warriors or Hells Angels on your back.

Hahaha, good one. My poor friend was beaten about the head by a male stripper at her bachlorette party several years ago. I don't recall the name of the bar, but she lived in that area of town. When she talks about Winnipeg she always says the same thing "windy, cold, flat....and the strippers will beat the hell out of ya if you laugh at their dick" :D

Originally posted by Said1
Hahaha, good one. My poor friend was beaten about the head by a male stripper at her bachlorette party several years ago. I don't recall the name of the bar, but she lived in that area of town. When she talks about Winnipeg she always says the same thing "windy, cold, flat....and the strippers will beat the hell out of ya if you laugh at their dick" :D

Hahaha 5$ says the name of the bar is Club Dax :p: I wouldn't mess with the female ones either. They're fiesty, or well..... so I've been told. :D

This was one of my favorite movies last year and let me tell you why.

The premise was solid and asked a very important question: Why are Americans so violent?

After living in one of the most dangerous cities in America, I have to say that question has crossed my mind more than a few times. How could something like Columbine happen in our country?

You can't blame the guy for wanting an answer to that question.

Now...Michael Moore is about as far left as a Liberal can go. I mean the guy is so far left he is banging his head on Lenin's tombstone!

But, so what. He is a very good documentary film maker. And he is at least a committed Liberal...I mean he is a true believer that never waivers in his dedication to the cause. That is to be admired and respected, no matter what side you are on.

I do not agree with many of the conclusions or inferences he draws during the film. But the interview with Mr. heston did give me the willies. I mean, maybe the guy is just checked out so far that he didn't realize how insensitive his NRA rally venue choices appeared. Or...as Moore would contend...the venues were intentionally stirring the emotional pot and Heston was a willing accomplice. Either way, Heston's image was harmed by that interview.

In the end, the film is an interesting and valid attempt to explain, in part, a facet of the American culture that is worthy of much more investigation and study: our obsession with violence.

I like Moore's style, but his politics sure do suck. I oughtta get out there with a camera like that! Imagine a conservative confronting liberal hypocrites with a camera and asking for interviews and making them look like fools. Sounds like fun to me.

WJ,

I have often thought about doing just that. I am a bit of a semi-pro videographer and photographer. I have to date, confined my projects to the missionary work I do, but I would love to branch out and try something new.

I have been thinking about submitting a screenplay to Project Greenlight just for giggles.

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

That should tell you all you need to know about this movie. I can't stand Moore. How can he even call that a documentary? He knew that a lot of the stuff wasn't true and and put it in there anyway. I realize that there are documentaries where the makers of it show some bias, but they usually don't knowingly put things in it that are not true (which is what Moore does).

You know, i dont see why you are outraged. Did you honestly think that Moore's "Documentary" wasnt going to be ridiculous? Did you think it wasnt going to be unfactual. I mean the man is making money off the shooting at colombine. The man staged an entire seen where you "get a gun" for opening a bank acount. The man started this BS that Bush was AWOL despite tons of evidence contrary. Did you really think he was going to be reasonable and show the truth about anything?

If you want to send a message to him, dont buy his crap.

Forum List

Back