"Bowling For Columbine" really ticked me off!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Said1, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I watched Bowling For Columbine last night, and must say I was very disguested with the way Micheal Moore misrepresented much of the information presented in his film. I will not spreak on parts which focus on the United States, mainly because I'm not American. I would, however, like some opinions (American view points) on the accuracy of his film.

Thanks

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Michael Moore is a donut eating idiot.

3. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    :clap:

... that being said, I refuse to watch this movie.

4. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I should have known better, my mother LOVES him:D I have to keep reminding myself the point was shooting deaths, not shootings in general. I know someone who almost shot his daughter's head off with a shot gun - in Windsor. I also know someone who was stabbed in the back trying to break up a fight, outside a corner store in Windsor. Windsor has a very HIGH violent crime rate, it's one of the three cities which has seen the largest increases since 1998, along with Montreal (I forget the other one).

The weapon of choice here seems to be knives. There may be 7 million guns, but most murders seem to be stabbings. My friends sister in law was shot and killed at a mall a few years ago - caught in the cross fire.Now that I think about it, I know several people who were shot, and lived. These shootings were violent acts (accept for one), intending to kill the person. Someone was shot in a bar here last week, the man died. The man who was shot was attending the funeral reception for two children who were killed in a house fire. These poor kids were tied together so they could not escape from the burning house. I think I'll go throw up now.

5. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I also know a women who shot and killed her husband. SHe used the abused women defense (and I don't doubt she was), and got off. She was also convicted of assault last year after hitting her boyfriend in the head with a hammer. They broke up after that.

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I watched the flick just out of curiosity. Moore is a lying, misrepresenting, fact twisting, ass looking like 300 pounds of chewed taffy moron. Then I watched the special features part of the dvd and talk about taking advantage of peoples mental states for personal gain, he did a speech somewhere in Denver right after the film came out and just spewed forth vile, vicious, leftist garbage that had no basis in truth. Unbelievable, and I know people who look up to this guy, dumbfounds me.

7. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    thats all hes good at. the movie wasnt that bad. i personally would have never rented it. but jmarie did.
    i find that it quite ironic that he is a lifetime member of the NRA, but wants to restrict/ ban weapons. then harrassing store that sold sell ammo. kind of retarded. but in his eye i guess you need to cut off the knees of the problem to slow it down. not like its going to work though.
    you keep buying that ammunition from the stores. they will keep re-ordering it in hopes that your dumb ass keep coming back

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I was pissed at how badly he represented Canada. If he wanted to give an acurate picture of shooting deaths here, he should have visited cities which have higher incidences. Plus, I would like to see him go into a project in Toronto, at night and see how many doors are unlocked. Instead, he goes into a nice yuppiezed (spelling??) section of Toronto, opens doors during the day, and is amazed to find them unlocked. They probaly were unlocked, but he should go back there a 1am and see if they are still unlocked - just to set the record straight.

You're right Johnny, he did have some good points, but I found myself really questioning some of the facts/interpretations he presented.

9. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    shit you dont expect him to site accurate info do you? and make his self look like an assmunch? mroe than he is anyway

10. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Yes I did, now I know better.