Bought A New Car Today

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Got a navy 2016 Honda Civic CVT-LX sedan.

Car_zpsao0c1ens.jpg

We just picked up a Nissan Maxima, 2015 , same color...
Now I have to get a newer truck..
Very nice car - Nissan & Honda both hold their value. Newer is not always better - what are you driving? I'm driving a TE 300 and you couldn't pay me enough to get out of it. I had an Arab guy that practically begged me to sell him my car - I told him - forget it - I'm not selling it.

My little brother bought one of those. He says he really likes it.

Myself, I've never bought a new car in my life because I think they are all overpriced. My main vehicle is a 40 year old Chevy pickup that I got for $100 back in the early 90s.

My little brother bought one of those. He says he really likes it.

Myself, I've never bought a new car in my life because I think they are all overpriced. My main vehicle is a 40 year old Chevy pickup that I got for $100 back in the early 90s.
Some people like having a warranty.

I bought a new pickup truck last month and as yet have only figured out less than ten percent of buttons, knobs and switches. Still less than 500 miles on the odometer because I am breaking her in slow. 500 miles on the odometer then I will open her up to see what she can do. Nicknamed Blue Angel.

I bought a new pickup truck last month and as yet have only figured out less than ten percent of buttons, knobs and switches. Still less than 500 miles on the odometer because I am breaking her in slow. 500 miles on the odometer then I will open her up to see what she can do. Nicknamed Blue Angel.

Now I want a new soft tail fat man Harley and may do it.

I had mixed feelings when the new Civic was introduced. It looks nice and the car magazines all say the chassis is much improved over the previous model. The little turbo-charged 4-banger seems to have adequate grunt...

...but Honda has seemingly abandoned the people who actually like to DRIVE their cars. A CVT as the only option? You gotta be kidding me. Oh, you can get the cheapest one with a tiny 4 and a 5-speed stick, but there is no "Si" available. In fact there is no model (yet) that any enthusiast would want to buy.

Although not sold in large numbers, the Civic Si has been an iconic FWD sporty car for a long time. It's a Japanese GTI, for Christ sake. The handling has always been exemplary (for a FWD car), and with the new chassis it (a 2016 Si) promised to be a big improvement over an already-excellent sporty car.

Nice, but...

Bore.

Ring.

Forum List

Back