Both Parties Suck

Don't worry you're in the majority, that's just not what the media and parties want you to think.

50% of americans won't take 5-30 minutes one time every 4 years to vote for who they want to be president (they don't vote).

25% vote for each of the 2 parties, often times with a "lesser of the 2 evils" mindset.

So how many people actually support and believe in their party and what they perceive their party's principles to be? 10-20% of the population?

How very true.

Their politicians suck, and their drooling hordes suck for electing them.
Hehe....drooling hordes......so true....

.....but people who say "both parties suck.......BUT........." suck too.

Partisanship sucks.
That's exactly right.....people need to formulate their own opinons based on logic, compassion, or faith......not what Fox, MSNBC, Rush, or Bill Maher say....even though Bill Maher cracks me up......nobody's perfect.

Hehe....drooling hordes......so true....

.....but people who say "both parties suck.......BUT........." suck too.

Partisanship sucks.
That's exactly right.....people need to formulate their own opinons based on logic, compassion, or faith......not what Fox, MSNBC, Rush, or Bill Maher say....even though Bill Maher cracks me up......nobody's perfect.

Funny that you mention that, I've been negged repped for reasoning myself into a centrist-fiscal conservative attitude. Just because they couldn't label me and it annoyed them.

Partisanship sucks.

Funny that you mention that, I've been negged repped for reasoning myself into a centrist-fiscal conservative attitude. Just because they couldn't label me and it annoyed them.

LOL! Welcome to the club!

Partisanship sucks.

I'm a Goldwater fiscal conservative and social libertarian....people who call themselves conservatives here, who don't really know about Eisenhower and Goldwater, call me a liberal.

They need to label you so they can regurgitate talking points all over you that they heard on MSNBC or Fox

if they're exactly the same, then the rightwingnut obama deranged loons should mellow out.

President Obama is an ineffective president. He does not possess the leadership abilities nor the knowledge to solve any of our problems. I see no difference in his policies and those of George Bush, who wasn't very likable either.

What party they belong to is irrelevant. Their policies were harmful to the world and the American people.

I'm a Goldwater fiscal conservative and social libertarian....people who call themselves conservatives here, who don't really know about Eisenhower and Goldwater, call me a liberal.

They need to label you so they can regurgitate talking points all over you that they heard on MSNBC or Fox

Well from one "Liberal" to another, congrats on having Independent Thought!
BTW, I'm one of those Christian, Family, Business-Owning, Anti-Union, Obama Sucks, Pelosi Sucks, Reid Sucks, ObamaCare sucks, Gun owning, Veteran, "Liberals".

But I have the gall to say Bush sucked too! We were lied to about Iraq! It's not ALL the Dems fault and so on.
Therefore the whackjobs and sheeple are certain I must be .... well, you know. Liberal.
Oh yeah, and I'm also a cold-hearted, numbers only, never really worked, corporate shill Conservatives because I happen to own a business and dont hide behind the anonymity of the net on my profile. Go figure.

Well from one "Liberal" to another, congrats on having Independent Thought!
BTW, I'm one of those Christian, Family, Business-Owning, Anti-Union, Obama Sucks, Pelosi Sucks, Reid Sucks, ObamaCare sucks, Gun owning, Veteran, "Liberals".

But I have the gall to say Bush sucked too! We were lied to about Iraq! It's not ALL the Dems fault and so on.
Therefore the whackjobs and sheeple are certain I must be .... well, you know. Liberal.
Oh yeah, and I'm also a cold-hearted, numbers only, never really worked, corporate shill Conservatives because I happen to own a business and dont hide behind the anonymity of the net on my profile. Go figure.
Liberalism, as described by John Stuart Mill, had it's place....you know, back when orphans in London had coal smeared cheeks, and Charles Dickens was around.....but conservative media has done a great job demonizing what they call "liberals"...which by their definition means anyone who isn't a christian, anti gay marriage, anti abortion GOP voter.

But hey!.....they have a product, and it sells!

A significant portion of Americans seem to obsess over federalism.

While it is true that a lot of things work out better when the states run things, it seems a bit odd to suggest that tort laws should be state-based -- especially when applied to an increasingly federally-based healthcare system.

^^^this^^^

and i'll add USMB as a source often repeated...

Last edited:
After Obama's re-election,look for a female to be elected next. The party has already decided on that one. There will also be a hispanic on both tickets. One of the parties will likely have a hispanic male at the top of their ticket. But it has already been decided that a woman will win and then a hispanic President will follow. After that,an African American woman will be elected. An Asian should be next. And then a Muslim will follow that. These things have already been planned out. Our Elections aren't real. They're just designed to entertain the people. The fix is in on all of this. Remember you heard it from me first.

Last edited:

While it is true that a lot of things work out better when the states run things, it seems a bit odd to suggest that tort laws should be state-based -- especially when applied to an increasingly federally-based healthcare system.
I work in the health insurance industry. IMHO, Tort reform and interstate competition will not significantly assuage our impending access to care crisis in the US. The Affordable Healthcare Act won't either.

Even though I am a proponent of private healthcare, I'm having trouble seeing any type of long term sustainability for the current system. Whether we want it too or not....we may have to join the rest of the western world and implement government controlled healthcare, at least at the provider level. I can imgaine the OWS type folks demaning this when the majority of Americans can't afford insurance or the Dr bills they'd have without insurance.

I have a real bad feeling about it, because I don't have the faith that America can do it as good as Canada and Britain.

After Obama's re-election,look for a female to be elected next. The party has already decided on that one. There will also be a hispanic on both tickets. One of the parties will likely have a hispanic male at the top of their ticket. But it has already been decided that a woman will win and then a hispanic President will follow. After that,an African American woman will be elected. An Asian should be next. And then a Muslim will follow that. These things have already been planned out. Our Elections aren't real. They're just designed to entertain the people. The fix is in on all of this. Remember you heard it from me first.
A Muslim?...really? :confused:

I work in the health insurance industry. IMHO, Tort reform and interstate competition will not significantly assuage our impending access to care crisis in the US. The Affordable Healthcare Act won't either.

Even though I am a proponent of private healthcare, I'm having trouble seeing any type of long term sustainability for the current system. Whether we want it too or not....we may have to join the rest of the western world and implement government controlled healthcare, at least at the provider level. I can imgaine the OWS type folks demaning this when the majority of Americans can't afford insurance or the Dr bills they'd have without insurance.

I have a real bad feeling about it, because I don't have the faith that America can do it as good as Canada and Britain.

The best way to control medical costs is to stop insulating said costs from market influences.

We need to be able to compare the actual costs of medical procedures not just the cost of insurance premiums.

If i can get an MRI at one place for a few hundred dollars less than another guess where I'd go? Guess where most people would go.

Doctors and hospitals should have to compete for our business just as any other service provider should.

A Muslim?...really? :confused:

Yes a Muslim has been designated to be elected President at some point. It will be a bit into the future though. The party has to first go through the list i showed earlier. A Muslim President is probably last on the list. Probably right after an Asian has served as President. It's all well planned and thought out. There is no Democrat/Republican thing. There is only one party.

if they're exactly the same, then the rightwingnut obama deranged loons should mellow out.

thats because the Far Right and Left cant see that Jill......the people more towards the center can see that.....im just waiting for the Moderate Democrats and Republicans and the Conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans to wake the hell up and get rid of these pieces of shit......find some quality people again who actually care about this Country......like they did in the 20th Century.....

You either get screwed by the left, or screwed by the right. That's what a two-party system does. The minute ANY third party platform/person rises up, both parties immediately jump over them.

and that should tell you something right there.....they cant agree on how to help this Country but they sure get together to squash someone who just may help....

The best way to control medical costs is to stop insulating said costs from market influences.

We need to be able to compare the actual costs of medical procedures not just the cost of insurance premiums.

If i can get an MRI at one place for a few hundred dollars less than another guess where I'd go? Guess where most people would go.

Doctors and hospitals should have to compete for our business just as any other service provider should.
Currently the market influences for imaging procedures like PET scans, CAT scans, and MRIs.....are asking, for example, $1200 for tests that my company only allows them to charge appx $400 to us and the member. The member's copay is $150.

Unbridled market influences would only accelerate a crisis of care based on costs?......did I understand your statement correctly?

at least at the political class level. It's what makes me move away from both parties-they do the same things in different ways to the people, for their own power/money gains:

Senate GOP Jobs Bill Contains a Landmine for Federalism - By Carrie Severino - Bench Memos - National Review Online

Senate GOP Jobs Bill Contains a Landmine for Federalism
By Carrie Severino
Posted on October 18, 2011 10:57 AM

Douglas Holtz-Eakin offers three cheers for the “Jobs Through Growth Act,” the Senate Republican alternative to President Obama’s jobs bill...

On the upside, the bill would repeal the Obama administration’s two most aggressive assaults on the Constitution — Obamacare and Dodd-Frank — and “require congressional approval by joint resolution of any federal rule that would cost the economy $100 million or more.” ...

Unfortunately, the bill would also enact S.197, “The Medical Care Access Protection Act.” Among other things, S.197 sets a statute of limitations for claims, caps damages and creates standards for expert witnesses. These may sound like great ideas, but they are not within the constitutional powers granted to the federal government for the very same reasons Obamacare is not.

The law’s own justification for its constitutional authority should be chilling to anyone committed to limited federal power. The bill’s findings state that health care and health insurance are industries that “affect interstate commerce,” and conclude that Congress therefore has Commerce Clause power to regulate them — even when it involves an in-state transaction between a doctor and patient, governed by in-state medical malpractice laws. Is there any industry that couldn’t be found to have an effect on interstate commerce? The agriculture and manufacturing industries, long considered the paradigmatic areas not covered by the Commerce Clause, certainly fall under federal power under this broad analysis.

As Georgetown law professor Randy Barnett explains here, in a piece criticizing Republicans for their “fair-weather federalism, “tort law — the body of rules by which persons seek damages for injuries to their person and property — has always been regulated by states, not the federal government. Tort law is at the heart of what is called the ‘police power’ of states.” Of course, there are contexts — product liability, for example — in which states can take actions that set standards for the entire country, turning federalism on its head. (See Michael Krauss’s brief summary here.)

That's a big 10/4.

The demopublicans have driven the country into the ground !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back