Boston Globe: Obama on defense in PA

Silence, are you this fucking stupid really?

Obama may very well win PA, however you honesthy think something isnt up?
6 days till Election and you have BOTH camps in PA???

Their intenral polls are obviously showing something then the public polls are showing. Both camps obviously know something that we don't.

The governor called the Obama camp and bascially told him to get his ass back there.

If PA was a lock, Obama would be in differentstates like Florida, OH etc...trying to lock it up in those states which are just as important. He isn't

Same with McCain, if he had no chance there what soever the campign wouldn't be dedicating the last few days in the state.

Apparently you are too blind to see any of this, I mean poll are always right huh, Zogby did declare Kerry the winner 4 years ago, remember?

Something is going on in PA, I think it's a lot closer then people think

why do you always insult my intelligence? it's pretty rude and in fact only shows YOUR ignorance.

Look at the facts:

PA has NOT gone republican in the last four election cycles...what are the odds that mcCain will win?

Yes Obama is in PA, it's a pivotal state and he wants to win it...he's not stupid.

But he's also in NC, FL, and other RED states. where is McCain today? FL.... Bush won FL handily in 04.

PA seems to be the only blue state that he's hit repeatedly and probably because it's 21 electoral votes. Kerry only won that state I believe by a small margin.

Obama also doesn't put a lot of faith in the polling numbers which is smart.

It's funny that the case is being made the Obama must be afraid of losing if he's in PA but nothing is said of the fact that McCain is campaigning in RED states almost exclusively, with the exception of PA.

like I said... nice spin.

For all of the offense Obama is now playing, he and his campaign are having to mount a forceful defense of a big, vote-rich, traditionally Democratic prize: Pennsylvania.

Story here

Maybe if we bang harder on these pots and pans, it will scare away the sun-eating serpent.

So PA hasn't gone red int he last 4 election cycles, well you can say the same for Florida, why do you think Obama will win there?

The point is, if you were running and only had a week left. And you were told you had a 10-15 point lead in that state, would you even bother?

Wouldn't you be hitting those other states and not waste a full day on a state that apparently seems to be a lock.

You guys do know the campigns do hold their own internal polls that they do not share right?

Is it so unbelievable to think that their polls might say something different? Why would the Gov of PA call Obama and tell him to get back to PA asap?

Like I said, I don't know if McCain will win PA, seems unlikely to me, I justfeel there is something going on there the public polls are not showing

So PA hasn't gone red int he last 4 election cycles, well you can say the same for Florida, why do you think Obama will win there?

The point is, if you were running and only had a week left. And you were told you had a 10-15 point lead in that state, would you even bother?

Wouldn't you be hitting those other states and not waste a full day on a state that apparently seems to be a lock.

You guys do know the campigns do hold their own internal polls that they do not share right?

Is it so unbelievable to think that their polls might say something different? Why would the Gov of PA call Obama and tell him to get back to PA asap?

Like I said, I don't know if McCain will win PA, seems unlikely to me, I justfeel there is something going on there the public polls are not showing

internal polling is causing the mccain/palin "camps" to backbite and blame each other....

but feel free to believe what you want.

no I don't think Obama will win FL. I'd like him to but the chances are slim and the fact that he's forcing McCain to spend time and money here is great.

Obama, it seems, doesn't trust the polls because of New Hampshire. he's been up in the polls before and lost so he doesn't seem to be taking any chances. If he has the resources why not hit a big state like PA? it's 21 electoral votes! It actually bothers me that these candidate take for granted states that are firmly in their camp. Why shouldn't they go speak to those who so strongly support them? Encourage them and say thanks!

yes, which is what the Obama people have been saying all along. Don't get comfortable just cuz the polls show us ahead. You're criticizing Obama for being smart by going to PA. that's not logical IMO.

it's possible. But what about all the red states that McCain is having to defend? Obama is is ONE blue state and ya'll act like it's the death toll on his campaign. it's pretty odd IMO.

Yes but the red states that McCain is having to defend is reflectinve in the polling data respectfully.

What is going on in PA is not reflected in any way shape or form.

That is the odd part about it

I just realized what you said.... did you just acknowledge that Florida went red in 2000 and 2004??

Yes I did,

That was my point

She said that PA has gone blue the past elections why would I think McCain has a shot.

To which I replied you can say the same about Florida, it's gone Red for the past elections for quite a while.

It's the same arguement

Yes I did,

That was my point

She said that PA has gone blue the past elections why would I think McCain has a shot.

To which I replied you can say the same about Florida, it's gone Red for the past elections for quite a while.

It's the same arguement

Sorry, I actually misspoke, I almost spilled my coffee because I thought you were saying Florida went blue.

As for PA, it's a battleground area... the people in the western part of the state are not going to easily pull the lever for Obama. You know it, I know it, Murtha knows it, althought the way he said it was stupid as....

Fact: McCain is still fighting for Florida... they're running neck and neck there and polling shows the state see-sawing. Obama has the resources to keep plugging away in PA... why wouldn't he? An awful lot of EV's up for grabs. (and whether FL went red in 2000 is still up for grabs, always will be).

Yes but the red states that McCain is having to defend is reflectinve in the polling data respectfully.

What is going on in PA is not reflected in any way shape or form.

That is the odd part about it

Maybe Obama is aware that there is a section of PA which could tip the state in Mccain's direction!?

do you think the entire election will hinge on PA?

These are the states that Obama leads in right now that went for Bush in 04

CO (9) 7% lead most likely will win
FL (27) 3% lead probably won't win
IN (11) 1% lead won't win
IA (7) 11% lead most likely will win
NV (5) 7% lead most likely will win
NM (5) 10% lead most likely will win

NC (15) 2% lead probably won't win
OH (20) 7% lead could win
VA (13) 7% lead could win

If he wins CO, IA, NV, NM, OH, VA he gains 59 Electoral votes that Kerry didn't have in 2004.

Bush won 286 to Kerry's 252.

Add 59 Electoral votes to Kerry's 252 for Obama and he gets to 311. So Obama could lose PAs 21 votes and OH 20 votes and STILL win this election.

However, the odds are that Obama will lose VA and OH and keep PA. and in that case he still wins with 278 Electoral votes.

But the point is, why should Obama, if he has the resources just assume that PA is a lock especially when you consider that Kerry won 51% of the vote to Bush's 49% in 2004. It would be ridiculous for him to assume anything.

Last edited:
Maybe Murtha's big mouth is finally effecting Obama's standing in PA, the internal polls are showing it, and that's why Obama is back playing Defense.

Forum List

Back