Boston Globe: Obama on defense in PA

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
For all of the offense Obama is now playing, he and his campaign are having to mount a forceful defense of a big, vote-rich, traditionally Democratic prize: Pennsylvania.

Story here

Silence, are you this fucking stupid really?

Obama may very well win PA, however you honesthy think something isnt up?
6 days till Election and you have BOTH camps in PA???

Their intenral polls are obviously showing something then the public polls are showing. Both camps obviously know something that we don't.

The governor called the Obama camp and bascially told him to get his ass back there.

If PA was a lock, Obama would be in differentstates like Florida, OH etc...trying to lock it up in those states which are just as important. He isn't

Same with McCain, if he had no chance there what soever the campign wouldn't be dedicating the last few days in the state.

Apparently you are too blind to see any of this, I mean poll are always right huh, Zogby did declare Kerry the winner 4 years ago, remember?

Something is going on in PA, I think it's a lot closer then people think

If PA was a lock, Obama would be in differentstates like Florida, OH etc...trying to lock it up in those states which are just as important. He isn't
Obama will be in Sunrise, Florida at 7:30 PM today and Tampa, Florida at 11 PM today.

:eusa_whistle:

Obama will be in Sunrise, Florida at 7:30 PM today and Tampa, Florida at 11 PM today.

:eusa_whistle:

Yes I know, I live 20 min from Sunrise.

However, the point if it was such a lock it would be a waste spending even 1 day in PA, there are other states that would need his attention.

Their intenral polls are obviously showing something then the public polls are showing. Both camps obviously know something that we don't.

The governor called the Obama camp and bascially told him to get his ass back there.

Same with McCain, if he had no chance there what soever the campign wouldn't be dedicating the last few days in the state.

Apparently you are too blind to see any of this, I mean poll are always right huh, Zogby did declare Kerry the winner 4 years ago, remember?

No way----how could public polls possibly be wrong ?? :lol:

lol yawn...thats it

I don't need to see hsi schedule.

If PA was such a "lock" why bother spending one day there with only a week to go?

Can you answer me that?

Playing it safe when you can afford to, is playing it smart.

Dems have to be able to make up for all those dems who will be disenfranchised or have their vote stolen by the right wing steal machine.

Let's wait until this time next week and see how it look.s

lol yawn...thats it

I don't need to see hsi schedule.

If PA was such a "lock" why bother spending one day there with only a week to go?

Can you answer me that?

Nothing is a lock.

And McCain is investing time there because its single digits and for some reason he has some talismanic interest in PA.

But everyone knew the race would tighten... I think Bob Herbert had it dead on that most of the undecideds would break for McCain because those are the people who couldn't bring themselve to pull the lever for a black dem.

and still and all...

North Carolina is a dead heat... NORTH CAROLINA?!?!?!? RED STATE NORTH CAROLINA?!?!?!

The best example I heard describing this election was Rachel Maddow last night talking about it as if it were a football game

Check it out... its pretty compelling.

Greatscat!: Rachel Maddow

Pennsylvania is one of those states where the Bradley effect could truly be in play. It's the white blue collar Dems who just have a problem bringing themselves to vote for a Black man. PA is the one state where this could truly have an effect. If Obama leads by less than double digits, it would only take 5% of voters to switch. Late polling nationwide is showing McCain closing in. In any states that are close, the Bradley effect may well be in play. Even with early voting showing Obama with a big lead, this thing may well end up being very close.

I disagree, there are certain states that arelocks.

You won't see Obama in NY or Cali anytime soon.

If you ahve a double digit lead in PA with less then a week left, it's considered a lock.

So therefore the conclusion must be is the campigns internal polls are showing somethign different in that state then the public one.

Why is this so hard to understand.

I am not sayin gthat McCain is going to win PA, I'm just saying I think it's a closer then the public polls show, enough to the extent where both campigns were there yesterday

Yes I know, I live 20 min from Sunrise.

However, the point if it was such a lock it would be a waste spending even 1 day in PA, there are other states that would need his attention.
maybe because it has 21 electoral votes

Last edited:
He's got to spend all that money and you guys need something to talk about. The real question is, why hasn't McCain conceded yet?:cool:

New Topics

Forum List

Back