Boston Globe Endorses Huntsman for GOP Nominee

WSJ said he had the best economic platform of all the GOP candidates.

And we all know how liberal they are...

Its almost as if there is an Obama taint to Huntsman which makes him unelectable. All to pity the GOP more.

Huntsman did himself in by sounding like a liberal, really.

Insulting conservatives on issues like Global Warming and Evolution didn't help him all that much.

If you watched any of the republican debates you can tell that Huntsman is the smartest candidate on stage. I would vote for a Ron Paul / Jon Huntsman ticket.

yes, huntsman is probably the smartest person on the GOP stage.... which is one of the reasons the "base" ignores him. he doesn't reinforce their ignorance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jillian For This Useful Post:
C_Clayton_Jones (Today), DaGoose (Today), Sarah G (Today), skipper (Today)

This is all the reason I need to know Huntsman is the wrong guy....

:D

Does this even matter anymore? Boston Globe/NY Times endorsements just don't mean much anymore. Both Newspapers have an obvious agenda. So who they endorse is very predictable. I'm 99.9% sure they're not gonna endorse anyone not named Barack Obama in the General Election. Bet on that. It's a lock.

:iagree:

WSJ said he had the best economic platform of all the GOP candidates.

Its almost as if there is an Obama taint to Huntsman which makes him unelectable. All to pity the GOP more.

Insulting conservatives on issues like Global Warming and Evolution didn't help him all that much.

Sounding intelligent you mean?

Sounding intelligent you mean?

Insulting people's religious beliefs isn't a good way to win them over.

Besides the fact Global Warming is a hoax, that is.

If you watched any of the republican debates you can tell that Huntsman is the smartest candidate on stage. I would vote for a Ron Paul / Jon Huntsman ticket.

yes, huntsman is probably the smartest person on the GOP stage.... which is one of the reasons the "base" ignores him. he doesn't reinforce their ignorance.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jillian For This Useful Post:
C_Clayton_Jones (Today), DaGoose (Today), Sarah G (Today), skipper (Today)

This is all the reason I need to know Huntsman is the wrong guy....

:D
Huntsman is the inverse of Reagan as he tried to make the connection since his announcement in NYC.

The Statists on this board LOVE milquetoast Repubicans...because it means they can expect the person can be run over at thier whim...as if Juan McCain and other pseudo Conservatives sans spine And others weren't enough?

MTRushmore.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

One of the best things Reagan did was to get Russia's Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall. Yes we out did them militarily, but Reagan never used force to do it. Reagan used wit & charm on Gorbachev.

That stuff does not work on loony Mid-East tribes of terrorist. Reagan failed deal with Iran or Libya.

Di-spite Reagan's firery RNC speech against socialized health care, he still took one of the biggest steps down that road when he signed the signed EMTALA aka "Patient Anti-Dumping Act" into law.

Huntsman has 30 years experience in foreign policy. He has more experience than Reagan, Bush II, Clinton or Obama had by the end of their presidency. He is clearly the most experienced & qualified candidate either party has to offer this election. He can take Obama to task in a debate. Obama will eat these other guys Perry, Romney, & Santorum for lunch in a debate. I don't care how well they poll today. It's how well will they poll after the debate with Obama that will count.

He has a good record on tax cutting.

If Huntsman were the nominee he would need the wacko right; if elected he would move to the center and drive the far right more insane (if that were possible).

Cleary he's the smartest of all the candidates; of course that's like writing the one eyed man sees more clearly than the blind.

I'm always amazed by this "If only you Republicans would nominate nice moderates, we could almost stand you" stuff liberals keep trying to pull off.

But it never happens.

Why Republicans even entertain the stupidity amazes me.

"Oh, John McCain is a nice sensible moderate. We might vote for him if he were the nominee instead of Bush!"

And we dumbasses nominate McCain and he gets 3 million less votes than Bush did.

in the past, republicans weren't rightwingnut rabid radicals. a president represents the entire country... not just a bunch of self-involved reactionary loons.

McCain would have won if a) he ran on the same platform he did in 2000.... and b) didn't pick the tweeting twit as his running mate.

Could you remind your President of that. Thanks.

I'm always amazed by this "If only you Republicans would nominate nice moderates, we could almost stand you" stuff liberals keep trying to pull off.

But it never happens.

"Oh, John McCain is a nice sensible moderate. We might vote for him if he were the nominee instead of Bush!"

And we dumbasses nominate McCain and he gets 3 million less votes than Bush did.

in the past, republicans weren't rightwingnut rabid radicals. a president represents the entire country... not just a bunch of self-involved reactionary loons.

McCain would have won if a) he ran on the same platform he did in 2000.... and b) didn't pick the tweeting twit as his running mate.

yeah... up til now he's been way to conciliatory to the obstructionist teatards....

glad he's finally fixed that.

But it never happens.

To date Obama hasn't been championing much except class warfare. Pitting one American against another. But that's who he is.

Does this even matter anymore? Boston Globe/NY Times endorsements just don't mean much anymore. Both Newspapers have an obvious agenda. So who they endorse is very predictable. I'm 99.9% sure they're not gonna endorse anyone not named Barack Obama in the General Election. Bet on that. It's a lock.

Thats a laugh...coming from you:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/201882-paul-endorsed-by-three-nh-newspapers.html#post4624512

That was your thread from 3 days ago.

Liberal Media Endorsements don't carry much weight anymore. They're just so predictable and lame.

Forum List

Back