Boston Gas Explosions

Again you are arguing with yourself. Who made the claim that the regulators run the utility?

Do you know the number one job of government ?

You were making that claim by suggesting the State Government was at fault for what happened on Thursday. That responsibility falls to Columbia Gas Company.

The number one job of Government is ensuring a Moral Society for the citizenry to live in. No, it’s NOT the safety or security of the citizenry on a day to day basis.
Wrong again. The government’s number one job is protecting the rights of the people. When one’s house is blown up, don’t you think their rights have been infringed?

Government is supposed to make sure monopolies are operating correctly and not harming the public. Clearly government failed, as did the utilities.
Are you advocating for more stringent government regulation?

Libertarians will usually claim that the market will protect people from this sort of thing, with no need of government regulation, because blowing people's houses up is bad for business.
My point is we have a huge intrusive omnipresent expensive government with unlimited power, yet it can’t even effectively protect the public from utilities blowing up their homes.

We don’t need more stringent regulations. We need effective government.

Wrong again. The government’s number one job is protecting the rights of the people. When one’s house is blown up, don’t you think their rights have been infringed?

Government is supposed to make sure monopolies are operating correctly and not harming the public. Clearly government failed, as did the utilities.

Remember, I don’t believe in Rights, I believe in personal responsibility. They chose to live in an area with a 6th rate utility company that has a history of issues. Sounds more like a time inn to me. I say that as someone who lives with a5th rate electric and gas company (UNITIL)

The company and its employees failed in the long and short term..
Yes the company failed. So did government.

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?

Just by the fact that government involves and inserts itself where it shouldn't be.

Without government, the monopolies could not exist. Government involvement kills competition.

Get the government out of it so competent, responsible, safety conscious people can compete.

I agree that government over steps it's boundaries for sure. But without some government oversight on utilities most people would have trouble paying for them if they were left to their own devices.
If only government oversight was effective. Clearly as we see in this particular case and many more, it often is very ineffective.

It is a damn sight better than letting corporations to do as they please!

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?

Just by the fact that government involves and inserts itself where it shouldn't be.

Without government, the monopolies could not exist. Government involvement kills competition.

Get the government out of it so competent, responsible, safety conscious people can compete.

I agree that government over steps it's boundaries for sure. But without some government oversight on utilities most people would have trouble paying for them if they were left to their own devices.
If only government oversight was effective. Clearly as we see in this particular case and many more, it often is very ineffective.

It is a rain sight better than lea ing corporations to do as they please!
What???

It is a rain sight better than lea ing corporations to do as they please!
What???

Auto correct, fixed it for you!

Are you Obama, with that straw man argument? I never stated let corps do as they please. Stop thinking in a binary world. There is more than just two ways of doing things. Open your mind to the possibilities.

Are you Obama, with that straw man argument? I never stated let corps do as please. Stop thinking in a binary world. There is more than just two ways of doing things. Open your mind to the possibilities.

It is what you imply you fucking corporate whore! Keep carrying their water. I promise they will love you for it!

Are you Obama, with that straw man argument? I never stated let corps do as please. Stop thinking in a binary world. There is more than just two ways of doing things. Open your mind to the possibilities.

It is what you imply you fucking corporate whore! Keep carrying their water. I promise they will love you for it!
Now that’s not nice.

Again you are arguing with yourself. Who made the claim that the regulators run the utility?

You were making that claim by suggesting the State Government was at fault for what happened on Thursday. That responsibility falls to Columbia Gas Company.

The number one job of Government is ensuring a Moral Society for the citizenry to live in. No, it’s NOT the safety or security of the citizenry on a day to day basis.

Libertarians will usually claim that the market will protect people from this sort of thing, with no need of government regulation, because blowing people's houses up is bad for business.
My point is we have a huge intrusive omnipresent expensive government with unlimited power, yet it can’t even effectively protect the public from utilities blowing up their homes.

How do we more effectively protect the public from utilities blowing up homes without getting more into the business of utility companies?

Now that’s not nice.

You're a maroon, you will be handled as such!

How do we more effectively protect the public from utilities blowing up homes without getting more into the business of utility companies?
The number one job of government is protect the public. It can’t be that hard.

Cause of Massachusetts gas explosions still unknown @ Cause of Massachusetts gas explosions still unknown

“I can’t imagine another explanation for this event than a flush of pressurized gas,” Jackson says.

If local lines indeed were suddenly inundated with high-pressure gas, Jackson says, that could result in an explosion in one of two ways. First, the pipes themselves could explode. Second—and more likely, according to Jackson—excess pressure could have caused gas to leak out of pipes and valves and into homes, where it could be ignited by a pilot light and send whole buildings up in flames.

In most cases, according to Jackson, such rapid pressurization would be caused by a failure at a valve that separates high- and low-pressure pipelines. As for what would lead to such a failure, Jackson says, it could be that “somebody made a mistake. To flip the wrong valve, leave a junction open. Human error is the most common source of natural-gas explosions.”

Yet another example of government's failure to do it's job.

Utilities are regulated by government; one reason is for the safety of the public.

Republicans & Trump hate regulations.

With Trump in office utilities will likely have fewer regulations.

When that happens expect more of this explosive shit like in Boston.

Congrats
Partisans... they’re just so damn dumb.

I think it's deliberate, so I wouldn't say "Partisan". I'd say "Troll"

Forum List

Back