Boston considers allowing non-U.S. citizens to vote

This will hurt Boston, and force the city to sue other cities who don't have this innovation to allow Illegals the vote.

It's The People's Republic of Massachusetts.

Who gives a fuck what they want to do? Let them go straight to Hell. They will.

Anybody seen what's become of Sang Frang recently? A true shit hole.

Literally

Boston considers allowing non-U.S. citizens to vote — Axios

Let’s discuss!

I, of course, think this would be nothing short of insanity, and I’m sure glad I don’t live in Boston. Though given I live in a Blue state, who knows how long it’ll be before the insanity makes in here.

It's Boston's municipal elections that they're considering allowing legal noncitizens to vote in, city wide not state wide.

If the citizens of Boston want to allow the city government to dilute their voting power, that is entirely up to them and they have a whole lot more leverage with their own city government than any other level of government (i.e. it's easier to influence the City Government than the State or Federal).

Personally I think the Citizens of Boston are stupid if they ever allow this but they have every right to be stupid if they so choose. :dunno:

America has a history of letting legal non-citizens of voting in our elections, local and state and (rarely) national.

These days normally some jurisdictions allow legal non-citizens to vote: normally specific issue items such as property owners voting on tax increases or school bonds.

Treason against the citizenry.

So of course Jake is all for it.

Only ignoramuses think that American citizens who have the right to make such decisions in their jurisdictions (local government consent by the governed) are traitors. For shame, but also I am giggling at the ignormuses' lack of knowledge.

America has a history of letting legal non-citizens of voting in our elections, local and state and (rarely) national.

These days normally some jurisdictions allow legal non-citizens to vote: normally specific issue items such as property owners voting on tax increases or school bonds.

“Legal non-citizens”?

Why is it insane ? Why shouldn’t a permanent legal resident have a say on who’s on his kids school committee?

This is referring to holders of green cards, i.e. legal immigrants.

It is still a stupid idea, but what do you expect from Libtards 'R Us

Why is it stupid? Is it stupid to allow legal residents to own a gun?

Because genius, it's a proposal to dilute the voting power of citizens just so city politicians can have a new group of non-citizens to pander to.

Any citizen that would agree to such a thing is a moron.

Boston considers allowing non-U.S. citizens to vote — Axios

Let’s discuss!

I, of course, think this would be nothing short of insanity, and I’m sure glad I don’t live in Boston. Though given I live in a Blue state, who knows how long it’ll be before the insanity makes in here.

It's Boston's municipal elections that they're considering allowing legal noncitizens to vote in, city wide not state wide.

If the citizens of Boston want to allow the city government to dilute their voting power, that is entirely up to them and they have a whole lot more leverage with their own city government than any other level of government (i.e. it's easier to influence the City Government than the State or Federal).

Personally I think the Citizens of Boston are stupid if they ever allow this but they have every right to be stupid if they so choose. :dunno:

I agree.

I know they can't vote in Fed elections but if the city wants them to vote in their local elections then it just shows how stupid the people in Boston are.

Morons one and all.

Forum List

Back