Boss Of Coal-Hauling Railroad CSX Says 'Fossil Fuels Are Dead'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
As President Donald Trump works to reverse coal’s decline, the CEO of CSX Corp. said his company will stop new investments in transporting the energy source.

The CEO of freight railroad CSX Corp., one of the largest U.S. haulers of coal, warns that the days of transporting and burning coal are numbered.

“Fossil fuels are dead,” Hunter Harrison told analysts Wednesday, according to mediareports. “That’s a long-term view. It’s not going to happen overnight. It’s not going to be two or three years, but it’s going away in my view.”

For that reason, he said, CSX will cease making investments in coal.

More: Boss Of Coal-Hauling Railroad CSX Says 'Fossil Fuels Are Dead'

That sounds clear enough for me. Hunter Harrison should know his industry.

As President Donald Trump works to reverse coal’s decline, the CEO of CSX Corp. said his company will stop new investments in transporting the energy source.

The CEO of freight railroad CSX Corp., one of the largest U.S. haulers of coal, warns that the days of transporting and burning coal are numbered.

“Fossil fuels are dead,” Hunter Harrison told analysts Wednesday, according to mediareports. “That’s a long-term view. It’s not going to happen overnight. It’s not going to be two or three years, but it’s going away in my view.”

Hey moron....coal isn't a "fossil fuel" and neither is oil.

Er... I hate to be the one to tell you this but yes, they are. Both of them. I am a supporter of the coal and oil industry, but even I can't let this misstatement slip.

"A fossil fuel, coal forms when dead plant matter is converted into peat, which in turn is converted into lignite, then sub-bituminous coal, after that bituminous coal, and lastly anthracite. This involves biological and geological processes that take place over time."

Coal - Wikipedia

"Petroleum (from Greek: petra: "rock" + oleum: "oil". [1][2][3][4][5][6]) is a naturally occurring, yellow-to-black liquid found in geological formations beneath the Earth's surface, which is commonly refined into various types of fuels. Components of petroleum are separated using a technique called fractional distillation.

It consists of hydrocarbons of various molecular weights and other organic compounds.[7] The name petroleum covers both naturally occurring unprocessed crude oil and petroleum products that are made up of refined crude oil. A fossil fuel, petroleum is formed when large quantities of dead organisms, usually zooplankton and algae, are buried underneath sedimentary rock and subjected to both intense heat and pressure."

Petroleum - Wikipedia

He's a railroad man. Not a coal man.

Moron.

Those many thousand coal jobs his administration has created, touted by the Big Orange Idiot, turns out it is only 70 jobs.

They are at a mine that produces the coal used in the steel industry.

Big Orange is caught in another lie.

FACT CHECK: Is President Trump Correct That Coal Mines Are Opening?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

333b4797f1807d13ce6684e7dc4ee102--republican-party-the-republican.jpg

This is another lie, he is never finished lying.

We noticed that you explained what coal actually is..

What makes this CEO any more credible than any shlub walking down the street?

Anyone could do his job, even the skid row bum..

Whether his job is easy isn't the issue. What makes him qualified to comment on energy issues? Coal may be decreasing, but that's because of the cheapness of natural gas, a fossil fuel.

Whether his job is easy isn't the issue. What makes him qualified to comment on energy issues? Coal may be decreasing, but that's because of the cheapness of natural gas, a fossil fuel.
Even China had a drop in coal use and exports last year..

Even China had a drop in coal use and exports last year..

That's because it's suffering through a major recession. China doesn't export coal.

He is merely catering to the dupes...ie, kooky warmers. They are easily duped. They now like a CEO who transports coal. LMFAO.

Er... I hate to be the one to tell you this but yes, they are. Both of them. I am a supporter of the coal and oil industry, but even I can't let this misstatement slip.

It's your "misstatement" not mine. Oil is an abiotic resource continually produced in the earth's core...far below the levels plants or animals ever existed. Coal is a part of the carbon structure of the planet having nothing to do with organic matter.

And they don't know what they are talking about.....coal, oil and natural gas are all more efficient and more reliable than solar and wind.....we will depend on them for decades to come......anyone who says differently shouldn't be in a position of leadership....

Washington Redskin
The vast majority of coal mining is in the northern plains, open pit style.
Mountaintop removal, black lung and underground mining do not represent coal mining.
krkJWwv.jpg

PRB-coal-trains.jpg

prbcoaltrainjpg-d24e402e16ed81cc.jpg

This is happening as we speak in Wyoming… LOL

Forum List

Back