Born in the U.S. = American citizen, but not if Trump has his way

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Never was intended to reward anyone that was born here due to a criminal act. The argument is the kids didn't have anything to do with it. Same argument could be made about the kids of a bank robber. Should they get to keep the money using that same argument?

The 14th Amendment says what the 14th Amendment says. Emoting won't change that.
it will Jan 2017.

Nope. No matter who wins, it won't change.

US citizens are not unconstitutional. The notion is absurd
If you are an emigrant pregnant women that ran across the border JUST to have your baby in an American hospital your child is not an American as far as I'm concerned.........

Your "concern" does not alter the Constitution.

And I keep asking you and you can't quote the Constitution to back that up. Where does the Constitution say that?

If you are an emigrant pregnant women that ran across the border JUST to have your baby in an American hospital your child is not an American as far as I'm concerned.........

And I keep asking you and you can't quote the Constitution to back that up. Where does the Constitution say that?

The 14th Amendment has been quoted on this thread many times.

Begging the question, that assumes the truth of your position. The question is where does the Constitution say that criminals who came here in violation of our laws have Constitutional rights. You're assuming the truth of your baseless assertion in your answer. Prototypical begging the question

Begging the question, that assumes the truth of your position. The question is where does the Constitution say that criminals who came here in violation of our laws have Constitutional rights. You're assuming the truth of your baseless assertion in your answer. Prototypical begging the question

The US Supreme Court and American law have long recognized non-citizens as "persons" relevant to rights and responsibilities. Study Civics, History, Law or whatever else you need to gain at least a basic understanding of the topic at hand.

...... You want to flood the nation with people that will eventually vote democrat.......

Why on earth would I want that?

The statement is literally true whether or not that is your intent....

No it's not.

So just to be clear, you're denying that illegal immigrants vote overwhelmingly Democrat? Really?

..... ...

I didn't say that.

Obviously you don't actually think illegal immigration is a "serious issue" ...,,,

I have very clearly stated that I do many, many times. Don't try to misrepresent my own views.
Your views are nonsensical.

If you allow the children born to illegals to stay, the parents ALWAYS stay.

You don't "allow" US citizens to stay in their own country. We need to control who comes into our country in the first place.
Illegals aren't US citizens......

People born in the US ARE US citizens.
Not if illegal parents Jan 2017!

That is the current interpretation of the Law, by the Supreme Court.

I think it is a flawed, even stupid ruling that should be reversed.

And your opinion changes reality 0.00%.

I never claimed otherwise.

Now if Trump is elected because of my OPINION combined with the OPINION of a majority of voters, then my opinion might end up changing reality.

Again, it's red, white and boo

"It was imperfectly odd. It was strangely unsettling. It was uniquely American.

On a balmy early Saturday summer evening, the U.S soccer team played for a prestigious championship in a U.S. stadium ... and was smothered in boos.

Its fans were vastly outnumbered. Its goalkeeper was bathed in a chanted obscenity. Even its national anthem was filled with the blowing of air horns and bouncing of beach balls.

Most of these hostile visitors didn't live in another country. Most, in fact, were not visitors at all, many of them being U.S. residents whose lives are here but whose sporting souls remain elsewhere."

"
"Obviously ... the support that Mexico has on the night like tonight makes it a home game for them," said U.S. Coach Bob Bradley, choosing his words carefully. "It's part of something we have to deal with on the night."

It wasn't just something. It was everything. I've never heard more consistent loud cheering for one team here, from the air horns to the " Ole" chants with each Mexico pass, all set to the soundtrack of a low throbbing roar that began in the parking lot about six hours before the game and continued long into the night.

Even when the U.S. scored the first two goals, the Mexico cheers stayed strong, perhaps inspiring El Tri to four consecutive goals against a U.S. team that seemed dazed and confused. Then when it ended, and the Mexican players had danced across the center of the field in giddy wonder while the U.S. players had staggered to the sidelines in disillusionment, the madness continued.

Because nobody left. Rather amazingly, the Mexico fans kept bouncing and cheering under headbands and sombreros, nobody moving an inch, the giant Rose Bowl jammed for a postgame trophy ceremony for perhaps the first time in its history.

And, yes, when the U.S. team was announced one final time, it was once again booed.

"We're not booing the country, we're booing the team," Sanchez said. "There is a big difference.""

Bullshit Sanchez, your heart is MEXICAN, only your paperwork is American.

A soccer game? Really?

An American city is a Home Game for the opposing team.

An [sic] crowd made up supposedly of "Americans" is heckling the National Anthem.......

The wife of the President of the United States heckled the flag. And soccer isn't even an American sport. Don't read too much into one crowd of douche bags.

THe American Team has to deal with the fact that a supposedly American City is a home game for the Team of another nation.

THe coach is reported to be "carefully choosing his words" to avoid offending someone. Who? THe fucking "Americans" who were heckling the NATIONAL ANTHEM?!!

If you don't see a problem with this, it is because you are working hard to NOT see the problem with this.

Your views are nonsensical.

If you allow the children born to illegals to stay, the parents ALWAYS stay.

You don't "allow" US citizens to stay in their own country. We need to control who comes into our country in the first place.
Illegals aren't US citizens......

People born in the US ARE US citizens.

Except for all the exceptions.

The few exceptions.

So, you accept the principle of exceptions. Good.

I think we have been overly limited in our interpretations of those exceptions. Just a little.

Bull crap. "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" is completely clear. Illegal aliens are not subject to our jurisdiction. They are subject to the jurisdiction of the country they came from. You are just ignoring that condition

On American soil, you are subject to the jurisdiction of the US.

The US Supreme Court and American law have long recognized non-citizens as "persons" relevant to rights and responsibilities. Study Civics, History, Law or whatever else you need to gain at least a basic understanding of the topic at hand.

Not how the Constitution works. It's an enumerated document. You should look up what that means. Again, where in the Constitution does it say criminals who came here illegally have the Constitutional rights that citizens have?

...... You want to flood the nation with people that will eventually vote democrat.......

Why on earth would I want that?

The statement is literally true whether or not that is your intent....

No it's not.

So just to be clear, you're denying that illegal immigrants vote overwhelmingly Democrat? Really?

..... ...

I didn't say that.

Read the nested quotes. Sorry, I thought you were following the conversation.

When you denied the statement, "You want to flood the nation with people that will eventually vote democrat," as I said, "The statement is literally true whether or not that is your intent"

Bull crap. "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" is completely clear. Illegal aliens are not subject to our jurisdiction. They are subject to the jurisdiction of the country they came from. You are just ignoring that condition

On American soil, you are subject to the jurisdiction of the US.

Equivocation

Forum List

Back