Bored Beyond Belief

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
Tim and I are at a loss as to what to do for entertainment or just to occupy our time, without spending money, because we have very little until next week. This is hard because I am SO sick of TV and movies (and the computer), we have Nathan who is 2, and I am pregnant with lower back issues (limits time on my feet), so what can we do??

Weather sucks right now, so outdoor activites are no go, all our friends are busy doing other things, and the house is clean, so nothing to do there.

Anyone have any ideas that do not involve watching TV or movies? Something that we can all do together without spending money, unless it is like $15 max? thanks!!

fuzzykitten99 said:
Tim and I are at a loss as to what to do for entertainment or just to occupy our time, without spending money, because we have very little until next week. This is hard because I am SO sick of TV and movies (and the computer), we have Nathan who is 2, and I am pregnant with lower back issues (limits time on my feet), so what can we do??

Weather sucks right now, so outdoor activites are no go, all our friends are busy doing other things, and the house is clean, so nothing to do there.

Anyone have any ideas that do not involve watching TV or movies? Something that we can all do together without spending money, unless it is like $15 max? thanks!!
Reading and Candyland. Keep him up during weekends, so he's tired by 7. If you're romantic, cool. If not, poker?

Kathianne said:
Reading and Candyland. Keep him up during weekends, so he's tired by 7. If you're romantic, cool. If not, poker?
Nathan isn't old enough for candyland. plus we don't own that game anyway. He doesn't sit still for more than 2 minutes of reading, as I have already attempted it a few times today. He's not really the bored one, Tim and I are. Nathan is content playing with his hot wheels and blocks, and torturing the cats.

I don't like poker, I know Tim too well to know he is bluffing, and it is just the 2 of us tonight...no real challenge.

As far as romance, uh...I feel less than romantic at the moment. Maybe after Ben is born...

fuzzykitten99 said:
Nathan isn't old enough for candyland. plus we don't own that game anyway. He doesn't sit still for more than 2 minutes of reading, as I have already attempted it a few times today. He's not really the bored one, Tim and I are. Nathan is content playing with his hot wheels and blocks, and torturing the cats.

I don't like poker, I know Tim too well to know he is bluffing, and it is just the 2 of us tonight...no real challenge.

As far as romance, uh...I feel less than romantic at the moment. Maybe after Ben is born...
After Nathan in Bed: Risk!

Buy it.

Kathianne said:
After Nathan in Bed: Risk!

Buy it.

we have it, but it isn't my kind of game. I have tried to play it a few times, just to see if I change my mind. I never found it entertaining. Tim plays it with his dad and brother though.

i was thinking of having Tim locate our giant tub of legos. but nathan would have to be in bed, and that won't likely be until about when I go to bed too.

Looks like it will just have to be movies tonight (again...sigh) since I have to work tomorrow at 7am, so I have to get to bed at a decent time... blech.

Time to get artistic...

There are several things you can do to take up the time.

Get some clay, throw some pots...

Buy some paint, fingerpaints for the kid (I have seen some magnificent finger paints from adults as well...)...

Write a letter to the new one coming... Talk to him amongst yourselves... This is also one that you could include the little one in...

no1tovote4 said:
Time to get artistic...

There are several things you can do to take up the time.

Get some clay, throw some pots...

Buy some paint, fingerpaints for the kid (I have seen some magnificent finger paints from adults as well...)...

Write a letter to the new one coming... Talk to him amongst yourselves... This is also one that you could include the little one in...
Oh, that would have so lost me. :laugh:

Now with the 'little one' included, I'd cook for tomorrow. Crock pot, ya know.

fuzzykitten99 said:

sex

Invite some friends over and play Monopoly or Life. Friend's are busy? Why not someone from work, or a relative. Seriously, bored games are much fun, very underrated in comparison to electronics.

Semper Fi said:
Invite some friends over and play Monopoly or Life. Friend's are busy? Why not someone from work, or a relative. Seriously, bored games are much fun, very underrated in comparison to electronics.

I couldn't agree more, and they can help kids develop reasoning skills while just having fun.

If anyone is looking for a new game, we just played one- Mystery of the Abbey :D . It's somewhat like Clue, but more interesting, and is set in an Abbey. The victim is a poisoned Monk. Lots of fun.

I always enjoy waging personal ego war against the world at large (on forums only). You could do that. Maybe being bored of the computer takes this off the table.

I was also gonna suggest lots of oral from an exotic and strange lover, but you said you weren't feeling romantic.

rtwngAvngr said:
I always enjoy waging personal ego war against the world at large (on forums only). You could do that. Maybe being bored of the computer takes this off the table.

I was also gonna suggest lots of oral from an exotic and strange lover, but you said you weren't feeling romantic.
:shocked:

The ClayTaurus said:
Bank Robbery: Both entertaining and profitable!

And if you get caught you can think of it as a lifetime retirement plan with benefits of a built-in spouse and free cable TV....

:2guns:

Forum List

Back