Borders is recalling the book Unfit for Command

dilloduck said:
Sorry don't remember him being "villified because of his military record" Can you remind me with some links?

Hmm I just heard Rush read an old article that called Dole's medals into question when he was running for president.......Seems that Libs are old hands at this. Don't remember any jabs at McCain though either.

chagan said:
Here you go:
http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a389b6004389e.htm

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a389bde1f0e97.htm

And the worst one ever:
http://www.usvetdsp.com/manchuan.htm

He was called the Manchurian Candidate by a lot of vets. If you do not know what that is, I can't tell you because it is a movie and I don't want to ruin the ending for you.

I don't see his military record being vilified in any of those links. Like Kerry, they are questioning his actions AFTER he returned from Vietnam. Furthermore, the questions are coming from OTHER veterans.

Why don't you just take some advice and, unless you are a veteran, stay out of veteran affairs.

Looks like your theory is busted.

Later.

Voting record on military affairs is NOT equivalent to his military record. Anyone who is in office should have his voting record scrutinized; that is what helps to make informed voters.

What's the REAL scoop here. I can't find any evidence of book banning or tricky stuff going on with the distribution . Any REAL evidence of hanky panky or is this one of those myths getting legs ?

dilloduck said:
What's the REAL scoop here. I can't find any evidence of book banning or tricky stuff going on with the distribution . Any REAL evidence of hanky panky or is this one of those myths getting legs ?

It seems to me that the "incidents" are isolated and not a corporate policy. It appears that the decisions are being made locally and most likely, without corporate approval or direction. Perhaps overzealous pro-Kerry store managers?

freeandfun1 said:
It seems to me that the "incidents" are isolated and not a corporate policy. It appears that the decisions are being made locally and most likely, without corporate approval or direction. Perhaps overzealous pro-Kerry store managers?

Makes sense to me--thanks--didn't want to get too Kerryied away with this one. (I know ugh and groan) :rotflmao:

I'm thinking this may be a publicity stunt.
You know, the same one used by M. Moore-on to promote F-911 before its release.
He drew tons of attention claiming Disney was attempting to censor
the movie...This Borders thing is looking similar to me.

Just a thought...

I think it's more localized like has been suggested. The web is the best place to find it, Amazon.com and the Vets for truth website has links to it. Im hearing that these guys, esp John O'neil is getting interview requests from everywhere, so happily even if it were all book stores banning it, the book would still get out. Three Hoorays for a free market :thewave:

Ps I love that Kerried away :teeth: Looks like he himself has got it bad.......

Bonnie said:
I heard a woman caller on the Hannity show say she called Borders to locate a copy, and the clerk told her they are (get this)! pulling it off the shelves and reacalling it because it's found to be untrue. WHAT!!!!!!
So I went home and did some calling myself, and sure enough I got a very similar response, it was being recalled and they don't plan to sell anymore copies, so of course I said to the little elitist hippie lib that they should start pulling all the Al Franken books, and Clinton books etc. He just stammered something like well it wasn't my decision.

My head is ready to explode with rage :blowup:

And the LIBS want to talk about cencorship????? :finger:

:firing:

Sometimes, we have to resurrect a thread, this qualifies:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=12628_Borders_Employees_Hiding_Unfit_for_Command

9/15/2004: Borders Employees Hiding "Unfit for Command"

This will blow your mind, as employees of Borders bookstores openly discuss hiding, damaging, returning, and otherwise making unavailable copies of Unfit For Command, and mock customers who ask to buy it. (Hat tip: Yehudit.)

I’ve made a copy of this discussion, because I fully expect it to disappear soon.

You guys don’t actually HAVE to sell the thing!

Just “carelessly” hide the boxes, “accidentally” drop them off pallets, “forget” to stock the ones you have, and then suggest a nice Al Franken or Micheal Moore book as a substitute. Borders wants those recommends, remember?

I don’t care if these Neandertals in fancy suits get mad at me, they aren’t regular customers anyway. Other than “Left Behind” books, they don’t read. Anything you can do to make them feel unwelcome is only fair. They are the people pushing retailers to cut costs, don’t forget. And they would censor your speech, your books, your music in a heartbeat, so give them a taste of it!

Don’t get mad, get even!

UPDATE at 9/15/04 11:25:55 am:

Since the traffic we’re sending over there seems to have shut them down, here’s Google’s cache of the discussion. (Hat tip: Bob.)

posted by Charles at 10:15 AM PST

Kathianne said:
:firing:

This will blow your mind, as employees of Borders bookstores openly discuss hiding, damaging, returning, and otherwise making unavailable copies of Unfit For Command, and mock customers who ask to buy it. (Hat tip: Yehudit.)

I’ve made a copy of this discussion, because I fully expect it to disappear soon.

You guys don’t actually HAVE to sell the thing!

Just “carelessly” hide the boxes, “accidentally” drop them off pallets, “forget” to stock the ones you have, and then suggest a nice Al Franken or Micheal Moore book as a substitute. Borders wants those recommends, remember?

Why would a bunch of dead-end near-minimum wage corporate bookstore lackeys want to try to install a leftist government through media manipulation? MONEY!

$10/hour for their grueling hours in a nothing job Kerry promises to guarantee even though the management want to dump most of the lazy expensive workers.

They are better off as commies, and I guess you have to respect that most would admit that in their actions.

Kathianne said:
damn, no more Borders for me.

Just do what i go. Go to the book store, read, put the book back on the shelf when you are done and leave. then you read the book but you dont have to buy it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back