Borders are a basic building block of a civilized society ...

Not necessarily true.

If people around the world embraced a life of non-aggression, peaceful exchange between consenting parties, and a live-and-let-live ethos, borders would be unnecessary. But too many have been convinced that the primary violators of that ethical model -namely governments- are necessary.
It would be wonderful but unfortunately a world without hate, problems and violence is almost impossible :(

Did a portion of the people call for it in their own quest for revenge?

(don't get me wrong its not a perfect country but when the people chose to believe the lies and lie to themselves shit happens)

And when you have liars with such awesome power to kill millions indiscriminately and with no accountability, your argument for keeping the institutions that make this possible would be...?
You will have to be more specific in your statements/question.

Think about it without distinct borders the world as a whole at this point cannot properly function in peace. Most of America's success and prosperity came by way of the people who had hopes and dreams of having their own property complete with boundaries (borders). As the civil laws were created to protect their personal rights and borders from intruders the country continued to prosper. Take away those boundaries and the civilized portions starts going downhill.
I agree with you RodlSHI :)
Without borders a Nation is no more a Nation. Everybody can come and go and all the power of government goes away o_O
Sorry esthermoon, I am in for having borders as the world needs them until all of mankind learns to live in peace.

Think about it without distinct borders the world as a whole at this point cannot properly function in peace. Most of America's success and prosperity came by way of the people who had hopes and dreams of having their own property complete with boundaries (borders). As the civil laws were created to protect their personal rights and borders from intruders the country continued to prosper. Take away those boundaries and the civilized portions starts going downhill.
Without borders a Nation is no more a Nation. Everybody can come and go and all the power of government goes away o_O
Sorry esthermoon, I am in for having borders as the world needs them until all of mankind learns to live in peace.
If mankind will change and become perfect I will be ok to live in a world without borders RodlSHI :) :bye1:

Two world wars, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, dozens of other "police action" incursions onto foreign soil. Not to mention the last eight years, where thousands of innocents have been murdered by Murica's convenient push-button warmongering via drones.

Domestically, there have been Waco, Ruby Ridge, an FDA that illegalizes cures for disease while keeping the pharm companies flush with dough, civil asset forfeiture, the atrocities that are the NSA, DHS and TSA. The list goes on and on

I can't believe you really need a picture drawn for you.

If mankind will change and become perfect I will be ok to live in a world without borders RodlSHI :) :bye1:
Give it a few thousand more years and it may become a reality. For this day and time it is not there yet.

Two world wars, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, dozens of other "police action" incursions onto foreign soil. Not to mention the last eight years, where thousands of innocents have been murdered by Murica's convenient push-button warmongering via drones.

Domestically, there have been Waco, Ruby Ridge, an FDA that illegalizes cures for disease while keeping the pharm companies flush with dough, civil asset forfeiture, the atrocities that are the NSA, DHS and TSA. The list goes on and on

I can't believe you really need a picture drawn for you.
There were wars previously and many other factors that would have to be taken into account in order to discuss police actions. The millions slaughtered in their own countries that continues today as civil wars are still happening around the world.

Waco should have never happened and neither should have Ruby Ridge.

FDA allowing dangerous and debilitating products into our daily lives will have to be fought by everyone in order to get it stopped. The fact is though most people will do little other than complain once they are already sick and dying or have a family member dying. Even then many will not realize that they are in the jaws of the beast.

Give it a few thousand more years and it may become a reality. For this day and time it is not there yet.
Everybody hopes that! :)

Forum List

Back