Border troops authorized to use force, detain illegal immigrants: Report

I don't have a problem with the NG being called for duty on the border. That is one of their functions.

But, because of the Posse Comitatus Act, I have a big problem with active duty military being deployed inside our borders.

At least, when Obama and Jr. did it, they used NG and not the active duty military.

The board already had this 17-page argument. Posse Comitatus does not apply in this matter, though I agree the NG should be the prime actor.

So I guess that a thread here supersedes our laws now. Good to know.

No, it simply means that many of you people haven't read the act, or the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act.

Run now. Quick like a bunny.

OK. Quote the part of that act changes those rules.

If you'd gone and read it, you'd know.

Knowledge is power, eh?

If it was there, you could point it out.

Stopping an illegal invasion is excellent use of our military, and even more so now that they can use deadly force.

It's not an invasion, dumb ass.

That's not for you to define, now is it.

Of course it's not for me to define. I'll let Webster do that.

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/
noun
  1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
    "the Allied invasion of Normandy"
    synonyms: occupation, capture, seizure, annexation, annexing, takeover;

Stopping an illegal invasion is excellent use of our military, and even more so now that they can use deadly force.

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/
noun
Webster never had to deal with a fifth column such as you sons of bitches!

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/
noun
Did you check out those synonyms? It's an invasion. Even Mexico calls it an invasion.

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/
noun

You forgot some things. From the Cambridge Dictionary -

Invasion:

1) occasion when an army or country uses force to enter and take control of another country.

2) occasion when a large number of people or things come to a place in an annoying and unwanted way.

3) action or process that affects someone's life in an unpleasant and unwanted way.

John Kelly can't make that legal by signing a memo. This is just another example of Trump's white house trying to overstep their authority. The courts won't allow that order to stand.

From the OP's link......................................

The White House has sent a memo to the Pentagon granting troops stationed at the border authority to engage in some law enforcement and to use lethal force if they are in danger.

The Defense Department said it’s received the memo and is “reviewing it,” suggesting the new policy is not yet operational.

Interestingly enough, the OP left out the second paragraph in their post. The DoD is reviewing it, and it isn't operational yet. But, I don't really think that this is gonna fly, because of the Posse Comitatus Act. There are only 3 reasons that the active duty military can be deployed inside the borders.........

1) When requested by the state governor or legislature for help in putting down an insurrection that has gotten out of hand and they need the military to stop it.

2) Whenever nuclear weapons are lost. The military is the best equipped to search for, find, and recover those items.

3) Whenever chemical and bio weapons are lost. Same reason as nuclear weapons.

I still have issue with Active Duty troops operating inside the US, however I would have no issue at all with the National Guard being called up for duty on the boarder.

I don't have a problem with the NG being called for duty on the border. That is one of their functions.

But, because of the Posse Comitatus Act, I have a big problem with active duty military being deployed inside our borders.

At least, when Obama and Jr. did it, they used NG and not the active duty military.

Wrong again bud...
Trump has the legal authority to use the Insurrection Act if he finds that the ordinary law enforcement mechanisms aren’t getting the job done. Game over.

The board already had this 17-page argument. Posse Comitatus does not apply in this matter, though I agree the NG should be the prime actor.

So I guess that a thread here supersedes our laws now. Good to know.

No, it simply means that many of you people haven't read the act, or the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act.

Run now. Quick like a bunny.

OK. Quote the part of that act changes those rules.

If you'd gone and read it, you'd know.

Knowledge is power, eh?

If it was there, you could point it out.

I'm not your secretary. Read the thing, or not. I don't care.

How long before a Federal Judge gets their robe in a twist and issues an injunction? This is what a president is supposed to do, protect America!

The White House has signed a memo granting the troops stationed at the border authority to engage in some law enforcement and to use lethal force if they are in danger, according to a report in Military Times.

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly signed the memo, which allows troops to assist the Border Patrol in crowd control and even detaining illegal immigrants, the paper reported.

The memo appears to make good on President Trump’s insistence that the military play a more active role in preventing the migrant caravans from overrunning the U.S. border, as they did a month ago on Mexico’s southern border.

Homeland Security signaled it would welcome the assistance.

Read more at washingtontimes.com ...
They'll have it as soon as they finish judge shopping. They can't ask actual judges to rule on this.

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/
noun

Haha...pathetic attempt at a shameless edit.

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/
noun
noun: invasion; plural noun: invasions
    synonyms: occupation, capture, seizure, annexation, annexing, takeover; More
    storming, incursion, attack, assault
    "the invasion of the island"
    antonyms: withdrawal
    • an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
      "stadium guards are preparing for another invasion of fans"
      synonyms: influx, inundation, flood, rush, torrent, deluge, avalanche, juggernaut
      "an invasion of tourists"
    • an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.
      "random drug testing of employees is an unwarranted invasion of privacy"
      synonyms: violation, infringement, interruption, intrusion, encroachment, disturbance, disruption, breach
      "an invasion of my privacy"
      antonyms: respect

You know, if things were to escalate and get out of control because of mistakes being made, I would be more worried about the NG making them than the active duty military.

Remember Abu Grahib? That was done by NG soldiers who had no sense of military bearing or how to handle prisoners. They were too busy acting out their Rambo fantasies.
You obviously don't know much about the National Guard (which has participated in every war the US has fought in. Have you been in the Guard, yourself ? I have. (6 years)

There are only 3 reasons that the active duty military can be used inside our borders...................

1) When the state governor or legislature requests assistance in putting down an insurrection, and the state doesn't have the ability to deal with it.

2) When nuclear weapons are lost. The military is the best equipped to search for, find, and recover nuclear weapons.

3) Whenever chemical or bio weapons are lost. Same reason as why they use the military for nukes.

Other than that? You can't use the military as law enforcement inside the borders.
Federal troops have been used inside US borders quite a few times, outside of the reasons you cite. And how many times have they been stopped by Posse Comitatus ? >> ZERO. Posters should try reading the Washington Times link in the OP.

If individuals act on their own by seeking assylum, then their cases cold be taken up individually.

When people organize into large group attemting to force entry ,it is most definitely an invasion

The radical leftists in this thread are serving their globalist masters by standing so squarely against national sovereignty, and do so despite the disasterous effect that untrolled immigration would have on their own livelihood.

Last edited:
How is that even possible? The troops are unarmed! Answers the wuestion why no one takes us serious!

Really? National security? What country is it that declared war on us that we have to repel? Where are the military personnel and weapons?

Sorry, but a bunch of people traveling on foot who aren't armed isn't an invasion, no matter how much you wish to be scared into peeing down your leg by Trump.
Where did you get special information that these people are not armed ? If even 1% of them ARE armed they could make the Las Vegas massacre look small. And you want out troops to face this nut mob unarmed ? Are you nuts ? So you're willing to gamble with the lives of our troops. That's what it comes down to.

And of course it's an invasion. For those who lack vocabulary skills, here's a dictionary definition >>

Invasion - an intrusion of infringement

And nouns are derived from verbs. Here's the verb >>

Invade - 1. to enter forcibly or hostilely; come into as an enemy 2. to crowd into 3. to intrude upon; infringe 4. to enter and spread through with harmful effects

Webster's New World College Dictionary 5th ed.

And wars are not just between countries any more. That's in the past. Now we have various violent NGOs making war (al Qaeda, Hamas, Taliban, ISIS, Boko Haram, etc)

Last edited:

There are only 3 reasons that the active duty military can be used inside our borders...................

1) When the state governor or legislature requests assistance in putting down an insurrection, and the state doesn't have the ability to deal with it.

2) When nuclear weapons are lost. The military is the best equipped to search for, find, and recover nuclear weapons.

3) Whenever chemical or bio weapons are lost. Same reason as why they use the military for nukes.

Other than that? You can't use the military as law enforcement inside the borders.

Domestic law enforcement? No. But this is a national security matter.

Really? National security? What country is it that declared war on us that we have to repel? Where are the military personnel and weapons?

Sorry, but a bunch of people traveling on foot who aren't armed isn't an invasion, no matter how much you wish to be scared into peeing down your leg by Trump.
Where did you get special information that these people are not armed ? If even 1% of them ARE armed they could make the Las Vegas massacre look small. And you want out troops to face this nut mob unarmed ? Are you nuts ? So you're willing to gamble with the lives of our troops. That's what it comes down to.

And of course it's an invasion. For those who lack vocabulary skills, here's a dictionary definition >>

Invasion - an intrusion of infringement

And nouns are derived from verbs. Here's the verb >>

Invade - 1. to enter forcibly or hostilely; come into as an enemy 2. to crowd into 3. to intrude upon; infringe 4. to enter and spread through with harmful effects

Webster's New World College Dictionary 5th ed.

Fortunately, the military knows better what is going on, and how to deal with it than some anonymous nut job on the internet, and has determined that the troops will continue to be unarmed.

Did it mention us being attacked by Latin Americans trying to subvert our immigration laws....don't think posse comitatus is covered by THAT ONE!.... also

DHS used paid informants traveling with the migrant caravan!!!!!

NBC News reports that the Department of Homeland Security has had paid informants inside the migrant caravan to keep an eye on their activity. DHS has also been monitoring the communications used to organize the caravan:

The Department of Homeland Security is gathering intelligence from paid undercover informants inside the migrant caravan that is now reaching the California-Mexico border as well as monitoring the text messages of migrants, according to two DHS officials.

The 4,000 migrants, mainly from Honduras, have used WhatsApp text message groups as a way to organize and communicate along their journey to the California border, and DHS personnel have joined those groups to gather that information…

On Monday, DHS officials told reporters that their intelligence on Sunday night had indicated that a group of migrants wanted to run through the car lanes of a border crossing near San Diego. Customs and Border Protection shut down all northbound lanes of the crossing from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. as a result. However, the ambush was never attempted.

Yesterday DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen revealed on Twitter that lanes at the San Ysidro Port of Entry were closed after DHS learned some migrants were planning to rush the border. I guess we now know how DHS got that information:

Read more at hotair.com ...

Apparently WE know a lot more than the general public has been told!!!!
In addition to US national security undercover agents, there is also information about armed criminal gang members coming from Mexican authorities.

Fortunately, the military knows better what is going on, and how to deal with it than some anonymous nut job on the internet, and has determined that the troops will continue to be unarmed.
You don't keep up with the news ? They're going to be armed, thank God.

"Trump also said he had given the military the authorization to use lethal force if necessary on the border with Mexico.

"If they have to they are going to use lethal force. I've given the OK - I hope they don't have to."

Trump Issues Thanksgiving Threat to Close US-Mexico Border | Newsmax.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back