Border Patrol Agent Fatally Shoots Mexican Teen

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
MEXICO CITY (June 9) -- The killing of a Mexican teen by a U.S. Border Patrol agent raised tensions between the U.S. and Mexico as President Felipe Calderon calls for better protection of migrants' rights and President Barack Obama has announced plans to dispatch additional troops to the border.

The border patrol agent, whose name has not been released, shot and killed 15-year-old Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca after a group of suspected illegal migrants threw rocks at the agents at an international bridge near downtown El Paso, Texas on Monday evening, according to the FBI, the lead agency investigating the shooting. The agent was 12 yards from the border, on the U.S. side. The victim was on Mexican soil.

The killing was condemned in Mexico as an abuse of power. Calderon said in a statement Tuesday that his government "will use all resources available to protect the rights of Mexican migrants."

Mexican migrant Anastacio Hernandez, 32, died after a Customs and Border Protection officer shocked him with a stun gun at the San Ysidro border crossing that separates San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico. Last week the San Diego medical examiner's office ruled that death a homicide.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Doug Mosier said border agents are trained to use force when their lives or the life of a third party is threatened. "A rock is considered a lethal weapon," he said. "Agents have been seriously injured by rocks. It's a problem all along the border."

Border Patrol Faces Ire in Shooting Death of Mexican Teen Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca - AOL News

It never ceases to amaze me how the Mexican government NEVER condemns what is done to Americans by THEIR people! Authorities and otherwise.

If the President of Mexico is that concerned then he should build a fence on his side of the border and keep his citizens in Mexico.

If they stay in Mexico, they won't get shot.

Common Sense.

If the President of Mexico is that concerned then he should build a fence on his side of the border and keep his citizens in Mexico.

Common Sense.

At issue here is that the Border Patrol Agent shot across the border and killed the Mexican teen on Mexican soil. Was the kid throwing rocks at him? Yes. Was he illegally in the US? No.

That will teach them not to throw rocks.....and they are NOT pebbles.....they are rocks that if hit on the head can KILL. THEY might have been on that side of the fence - but the rocks came into our side of the fence.

MEXICO CITY (June 9) -- The killing of a Mexican teen by a U.S. Border Patrol agent raised tensions between the U.S. and Mexico as President Felipe Calderon calls for better protection of migrants' rights and President Barack Obama has announced plans to dispatch additional troops to the border.

The border patrol agent, whose name has not been released, shot and killed 15-year-old Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca after a group of suspected illegal migrants threw rocks at the agents at an international bridge near downtown El Paso, Texas on Monday evening, according to the FBI, the lead agency investigating the shooting. The agent was 12 yards from the border, on the U.S. side. The victim was on Mexican soil.

The killing was condemned in Mexico as an abuse of power. Calderon said in a statement Tuesday that his government "will use all resources available to protect the rights of Mexican migrants."

Mexican migrant Anastacio Hernandez, 32, died after a Customs and Border Protection officer shocked him with a stun gun at the San Ysidro border crossing that separates San Diego and Tijuana, Mexico. Last week the San Diego medical examiner's office ruled that death a homicide.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman Doug Mosier said border agents are trained to use force when their lives or the life of a third party is threatened. "A rock is considered a lethal weapon," he said. "Agents have been seriously injured by rocks. It's a problem all along the border."

Border Patrol Faces Ire in Shooting Death of Mexican Teen Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca - AOL News

It never ceases to amaze me how the Mexican government NEVER condemns what is done to Americans by THEIR people! Authorities and otherwise.

What pisses me off about articles like these are they say shit like "immigrant rights"when in fact these people are illegal immigrants and therefore should have no protection under our Constitution.

So if the lethal weapon was a pistol instead of a rock, would the bleeding heart liberals still get their panties in a knot?

At what point is it ok to defend oneself against lethal force?

"All my family wants is that the guilty pay for what was done to my brother."

Doesn't her brother bear some responsibility? Was he not warned to cease and retreat? I feel sorry for the family but in my opinion the guy brought it all own himself.

When I was guarding the border between West Germany and East Germany, they told us, "Don't shoot across the fucking border."

Lessons learned --

1. Don't throw rocks at guys with guns.

2. Don't shoot across the border, it causes and international incident.

What pisses me off about articles like these are they say shit like "immigrant rights"when in fact these people are illegal immigrants and therefore should have no protection under our Constitution.

So if the lethal weapon was a pistol instead of a rock, would the bleeding heart liberals still get their panties in a knot?

Doesn't her brother bear some responsibility? Was he not warned to cease and retreat? I feel sorry for the family but in my opinion the guy brought it all own himself.

In fairness, the media was quoting a statement made by the Mexican President. He said migrant. They are reporting, not editorializing.

There is more to this story, the boy isn't as innocent as the Mexicans would like us to think. He has been deported several times in the past. A couple of Mexican police ran and picked up a bag that was in the canal and ran back. They have this on a video tape that the FBI has.

The 15-year-old Mexican boy who was shot dead by a Border Patrol agent as U.S. authorities came under attack along the border Tuesday was known to authorities as a juvenile smuggler, sources close to the investigation told Fox News.

Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereka was shot once near the eye as U.S. Border Patrol agents on bicycles were "assaulted with rocks" as they tried to detain illegal immigrants on the Texas side of the Rio Grande.

Huereka was charged with alien smuggling in 2009, according to sources who requested anonymity. Further details were not immediately available.

"He is a known juvenile smuggler," a source told Fox News. He was also on a "most wanted" list of juvenile smugglers compiled by U.S. authorities in the El Paso area, sources said.
FOXNews.com - Mexican Teen Killed on Border Was 'Known Juvenile Smuggler,' Sources Say

Poor kid. He was probably just trying to get a life where he could count on eating everyday.

He shouldn't have broken the laws of the United States in an effort to do that though. If he hadn't he would still be alive today :(.

In fairness, the media was quoting a statement made by the Mexican President. He said migrant. They are reporting, not editorializing.

If you were honest you would admit that most if not all mainstream media along with the open borders crowd and the comprehensive immigration idiots, never use the term "illegal immigration", they leave the word illegal out altogether or use terms like undocumented workers.

Gotta love how the MSM reports that he is a straight A student. Umm yea what the fuck does that have to do with anything? The little shit was caught trying to get through the border illegally (again). In the cell phone video some mexican took the mexicans are saying "they are throwing rocks", "they hit him".

I wonder what the Hussein will do, stand his ground and support the US Border Patrol, or throw the officer under the bus.

Chicago Ald. Munoz's father got caught making photo IDs for "undocumented workers" (MEXICAN INVADERS) a few years ago. I think they fined him $25.00 and no jail if he promised not to do it again.

Isn't that nice?

Common Sense.

Couldn't agree with you more Claudette. Calderon needs to build a wall on his country's Northern border to protect the poor citizens of his country from our crazy, shoot to kill, Border Patrol. Hell I'd even help, who do I need to make the check out to? :D

i hope yall arent the wave of the future...what happen to appropiate force....rocks vs guns...or have we adopted another page of ethics...what happen to innocent till proven guility.....or did someone delete that when i wasnt around?

are we willing to kill kids...and these are kids....to do what? are stone tossing kids that much of a threat to national security?

If you were honest you would admit that most if not all mainstream media along with the open borders crowd and the comprehensive immigration idiots, never use the term "illegal immigration", they leave the word illegal out altogether or use terms like undocumented workers.

I am honest and I didn't say they didn't. But if you were honest, you'd realize that the instance you used to make your point doesn't fill the bill for your bitching. The fact is that the Mexican President used the word "migrant" and the press were quoting what he said. Work a little harder in you want to make a valid point.

i hope yall arent the wave of the future...what happen to appropiate force....rocks vs guns...or have we adopted another page of ethics...what happen to innocent till proven guility.....or did someone delete that when i wasnt around?

are we willing to kill kids...and these are kids....to do what? are stone tossing kids that much of a threat to national security?

so you think we should arm our border patrol with rocks? Really? Do Tell.

Forum List

Back