Border jurisdiction

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
With some states now dealing with the issue of stopping illegal immigration, where does federal jurisdiction stop and state jurisdiction begin? Is this one of those issues that SCOTUS will decide for us again?

dilloduck said:
With some states now dealing with the issue of stopping illegal immigration, where does federal jurisdiction stop and state jurisdiction begin? Is this one of those issues that SCOTUS will decide for us again?

I may be wrong but only if two states disagree with where the borders are. As for that with Mexico, only if Mexican troops get involved would the state have to defer to the federal jurisdiction.

Kathianne said:
I may be wrong but only if two states disagree with where the borders are. As for that with Mexico, only if Mexican troops get involved would the state have to defer to the federal jurisdiction.
Cool--then a wacky Texas Govenor wanna be (Kinky Friedman) can actually legally keep his campaign promise to shut down the Texas/Mexico border !

dilloduck said:
Cool--then a wacky Texas Govenor wanna be (Kinky Friedman) can actually legally keep his campaign promise to shut down the Texas/Mexico border !
which is why one of MY ideas, were I to be elected governor of texas, would be to create the Texas Border Patrol. Time to provide our own security. :2guns: :firing: :tank:

SmarterThanYou said:
which is why one of MY ideas, were I to be elected governor of texas, would be to create the Texas Border Patrol. Time to provide our own security. :2guns: :firing: :tank:

It might happen----the minuteman idea is catching on !!!!

Hobbit said:
Offer community service credit for people to sit there and be minutemen. That would halt the crossings pretty thoroughly.

Yikes--putting criminals in a postion to guard our borders??--I think we already have that problem with the abundance of bribes and extortion.

dilloduck said:
Yikes--putting criminals in a postion to guard our borders??--I think we already have that problem with the abundance of bribes and extortion.

Have a few cops supervise, then. Plus, community service isn't exclusively given to bad criminals. I got 8 hours for paying a speeding ticket late.

Forum List

Back