Border, India and Pakistan

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cait2kbqryk]YouTube - India-Pakistan Border tension[/ame]

I think you could take it to any photo shop and have it done. what's it about? the relationship of Pakistan to India? Something I need to read more about.

I think you could take it to any photo shop and have it done. what's it about? the relationship of Pakistan to India? Something I need to read more about.

It's about the history between Pakistan and India and the dispute over Kashmir. It also talks about Afghanistan being ruled by the Taliban and how that could lead to Islamic fundamentalist rule in Pakistan. It also talks about how both sides feel about the other side having a nuclear weapon. It is typical 100% pure Peter Jennings in his prime reporting every single relevant detail in the best way possible.

This is a review of it.

rediff.com US edition: Family Feuds: South Asians and The Sopranos

This latest terrorist attack might have some benefical effect then, on that relationship.

Both Pakistan and India have a serious Islamic terrorist problem.

Maybe they're start working together to deal with it.

I remember having lunch with an old friend who is from India. He's such a mild mannered person you wonder how he managed to get through life without getting his butt kicked daily. He never raises his voice and is impecibly polite. I asked him once about the problems India has been having with Pakistan shortly after they had their close encounter with a nuclear exchange and he told me quite matter of factly that "you just have to kill them". The way he said it was what struck me. It was almost like me telling someone that I'm just going to have to kill off my lawn to re-sod because there just isn't any other solution. The feelings there run very deep and if it came down to a show down it could lead to a killing spree that would make Rwanda look like a playground tiff.

I think it's just what we humans do best. Kill each other and every animal we can get in our sights!

I remember having lunch with an old friend who is from India. He's such a mild mannered person you wonder how he managed to get through life without getting his butt kicked daily. He never raises his voice and is impecibly polite. I asked him once about the problems India has been having with Pakistan shortly after they had their close encounter with a nuclear exchange and he told me quite matter of factly that "you just have to kill them". The way he said it was what struck me. It was almost like me telling someone that I'm just going to have to kill off my lawn to re-sod because there just isn't any other solution. The feelings there run very deep and if it came down to a show down it could lead to a killing spree that would make Rwanda look like a playground tiff.
India broke off a large portion of their country to appease the Muzzies and you see how that worked out. Islam sees negotiation as a weakness.

I agree with your Indian friend, we have to kill them all.

Interesting observation... one I can corroborate from dealings with business associates in both India and Pakistan. My company was very careful to never mention we had customers in the other country.

They are a lot alike... I'm surprised they hate each other so much.

-Joe

If the Muslim moderates and liberals don't do anything about their more fundamental counterparts, Islam will undergo a holocaust not ever seen. If one nuclear bomb is set off on American soil, within one year from that date, there will be fewer Muslims worldwide than there are Jews today.

If the Muslim moderates and liberals don't do anything about their more fundamental counterparts, Islam will undergo a holocaust not ever seen. If one nuclear bomb is set off on American soil, within one year from that date, there will be fewer Muslims worldwide than there are Jews today.

That is a pretty bizarre statement, David. Do you really think that if a radical group were able to detonate on American soil, the response from us would be annihilation of 20% of the earths population, spread all over the globe and two and a half billion of whom reside on American soil?

My humble opinion is that your crystal balls are leading you astray on that prediction.

-Joe

That is a pretty bizarre statement, David. Do you really think that if a radical group were able to detonate on American soil, the response from us would be annihilation of 20% of the earths population, spread all over the globe and two and a half billion of whom reside on American soil?

My humble opinion is that your crystal balls are leading you astray on that prediction.

-Joe

If they set off a bomb on ANY soil, we should destroy every Muslim Country. You CAN drill through glass. The religion is a danger to us all. It should be outlawed. We should treat Muslims EXACTLY like they treat all other religions in countries they control.

You guys are getting hysterical.

Destroy every Muslim country?

Destroy the Islamic religion?

You're not only hysterically calling for mega-genocide, you're delusional enough to think the USA can outlaw one of the world's major religions, too?!

Now who was the last hysterical nitwit who thought he could do that?

Oh yeah, I remember, now.

Didn't work out so well for him or his nation, either, as I recall.

If they set off a bomb on ANY soil, we should destroy every Muslim Country. You CAN drill through glass. The religion is a danger to us all. It should be outlawed. We should treat Muslims EXACTLY like they treat all other religions in countries they control.

Yeah! Fuck all that freedom of religion and shit. People should be able to worship anyway they please as long as long as it's Christian. If they don't like Jesus - kill 'em. Onward Christian Soldiers!

-Joe

Yes. Yes I do.

How many Germans did we have to kill before Germany surrendered? How many Japanese did we have to kill before Japan surrendered? How many Muslims do we have to kill before Islamic terrorists surrenders?

Yes. Yes I do.

How many Germans did we have to kill before Germany surrendered? How many Japanese did we have to kill before Japan surrendered? How many Muslims do we have to kill before Islamic terrorists surrenders?

It is a bit different... Germany and Japan were and are countries with geographic borders and governments that we went to war with.

I can't honestly say that I have the answer, but starting a war against 'The Islamic World', no matter what the provocation, seems foolish. Where would the front lines be drawn? What enemy ground would we capture? Where would we stick the flag if we win? Who the hell would be qualified to 'surrender' on behalf of all muslims?

If The West (Christianity) decided unilaterally to eradicate Islam, wouldn't that make Hindus and Buddhists a little nervous? Do we really want to risk an alliance between those 3? Sounds unlikely, I know, but what else has come to pass that 50 years ago was considered 'unlikely'?

-Joe

There is no such thing of a "Western" alliance to make war with "Islam". USA would be alone. Anyone thinks South-America, Slav-Orthodox-countries or Europe is going to war?
The examples of Germany and Japan are not well chosen, maybe by intention. This is a problem of non-governmental actors.
You can push or sanction governments to do more against these non-governmental actors, but by useing military force against those governments you produce more violence.
The only choice is by violateing the sovereign rights of those governments within their boarders and strike those terrorists. Off course with no civilian collateral damage.

USA has a couple of times violated Pakistani boarder. India is in no position to do so.

Forum List

Back