Border Agents: Government Told Us To 'Run' From Gunmen...

Border Patrol Union Blasts Homeland Security Instructions To 'Run Away' And 'Hide' From Gunmen

ActiveShooter.JPG

Border Patrol agents in Arizona are blasting their bosses for telling them, along with all other Department of Homeland Security employees, to run and hide if they encounter an "active shooter."

It's one thing to tell civilian employees to cower under a desk if a gunman starts spraying fire in a confined area, say members of Tucson Local 2544/National Border Patrol Council, but to give armed law enforcement professionals the same advice is downright insulting. The instructions from DHS come in the form of pamphlets and a mandatory computer tutorial.

“We are now taught in an ‘Active Shooter’ course that if we encounter a shooter in a public place we are to ‘run away’ and ‘hide’" union leader Brandon Judd wrote on the website of 3,300-member union local. “If we are cornered by such a shooter we are to (only as a last resort) become ‘aggressive’ and ‘throw things’ at him or her. We are then advised to ‘call law enforcement’ and wait for their arrival (presumably, while more innocent victims are slaughtered)."

The FEMA-administered computer course, entitled “IS-907- Active Shooter: What You Can Do,” is a 45-minute tutorial that provides guidance to all employees on how to recognize indicators of possible workplace violence and what to do should their office be invaded by gunmen and focuses around three main options; either evacuate, hide out, or in dire circumstances, take action.

Once the course is completed, employees are urged to download additional materials including a summary booklet and pocket-sized card outlining protocol, which was also handed out to employees two months ago.

One DHS employee told FoxNews.com the instruction cards were handed out to employees six weeks ago. At the time, he assumed they were only for civilian employees, not armed law enforcement officers within the department, which oversees the U.S. Customs and Border Protection...

Read more: Border Patrol union blasts Homeland Security instructions to 'run away' and 'hide' from gunmen | Fox News

That's really GOOD advice since all Janet will give the border patrol is rubber bullets.. Eric gives the drug cartels AK 47"s.. that's how much they love the illegals.

The saddest part of this Willow, is we can't even make this up like a fantasy horror moment. Border agents being forced to arm themselves with bean bag ammunition while you walk major heavy duty weapons across the border to crazy mother trucking drug cartels who are now sawing the heads off rival gang members.

Bean bag ammo. Bean bag freaking ammo. I have to keep saying it to myself over and over to try to get a grip on it so I don't have a complete meltdown.

What an insane policy!

Border Patrol Union Blasts Homeland Security Instructions To 'Run Away' And 'Hide' From Gunmen

ActiveShooter.JPG

Border Patrol agents in Arizona are blasting their bosses for telling them, along with all other Department of Homeland Security employees, to run and hide if they encounter an "active shooter."

It's one thing to tell civilian employees to cower under a desk if a gunman starts spraying fire in a confined area, say members of Tucson Local 2544/National Border Patrol Council, but to give armed law enforcement professionals the same advice is downright insulting. The instructions from DHS come in the form of pamphlets and a mandatory computer tutorial.

“We are now taught in an ‘Active Shooter’ course that if we encounter a shooter in a public place we are to ‘run away’ and ‘hide’" union leader Brandon Judd wrote on the website of 3,300-member union local. “If we are cornered by such a shooter we are to (only as a last resort) become ‘aggressive’ and ‘throw things’ at him or her. We are then advised to ‘call law enforcement’ and wait for their arrival (presumably, while more innocent victims are slaughtered)."

The FEMA-administered computer course, entitled “IS-907- Active Shooter: What You Can Do,” is a 45-minute tutorial that provides guidance to all employees on how to recognize indicators of possible workplace violence and what to do should their office be invaded by gunmen and focuses around three main options; either evacuate, hide out, or in dire circumstances, take action.

Once the course is completed, employees are urged to download additional materials including a summary booklet and pocket-sized card outlining protocol, which was also handed out to employees two months ago.

One DHS employee told FoxNews.com the instruction cards were handed out to employees six weeks ago. At the time, he assumed they were only for civilian employees, not armed law enforcement officers within the department, which oversees the U.S. Customs and Border Protection...

Read more: Border Patrol union blasts Homeland Security instructions to 'run away' and 'hide' from gunmen | Fox News

That's really GOOD advice since all Janet will give the border patrol is rubber bullets.. Eric gives the drug cartels AK 47"s.. that's how much they love the illegals.

The saddest part of this Willow, is we can't even make this up like a fantasy horror moment. Border agents being forced to arm themselves with bean bag ammunition while you walk major heavy duty weapons across the border to crazy mother trucking drug cartels who are now sawing the heads off rival gang members.

Bean bag ammo. Bean bag freaking ammo. I have to keep saying it to myself over and over to try to get a grip on it so I don't have a complete meltdown.

What an insane policy!

what they should do is pony up for a nice air conditioned tent some dominoes, and while away they're hours in the desert. I wouldn't blame them a bit. you can't do you job with rubber bullets, so I just wouldn't expect them to do their jobs.

Agent Terry was armed with the bean bag ammo when he died. Big Sis needs to pay dearly for the "bean bag" deployment.

One can't keep up with all the stupid decisions this administration has made. This has got to be in the top twenty. Bean bags vs bullets along the border fighting hardened armed criminals.

I know. Let's leave Jan out there on the border the for a week armed with bean bag ammo.

Bean Bags Fired First in Arizona Shootout Killing Border Patrol Agent

By DEVIN DWYER (@devindwyer)
March 4, 2011

U.S. Border Patrol agents caught in a violent December standoff with illegal immigrants in Arizona fired the first shots, but with bean bags not bullets, newly obtained records show.

At least one of the suspected bandits armed with AK-47 assault rifles returned fire, hitting Agent Brian Terry, who later died.

"When the suspected aliens did not drop their weapons, two Border Patrol agents deployed 'less than lethal' bean bags at the suspected aliens," FBI search warrant requests say, according to the Arizona Star newspaper, which first obtained the documents. The ammunition is designed to wound and take down targets not kill them.

"At this time, at least one of the suspected aliens fired at the Border Patrol agents. Two Border Patrol agents returned fire, one with his long gun and one with his pistol."

Bean Bags Fired First in Arizona Shootout Killing Border Agent Brian Terry - ABC News

'Bean Bags.' My God, what a mess. :(

You just cannot make this stuff up.

<snip>

Main Points of the "Active Shooter" training course
Evacuate: If there is an accessible escape path, attempt to evacuate the premises.
Hide out: If evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find you.
Take action: As a last resort, and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to disrupt and/or incapacitate the active shooter.

<snip>

But members of Local 2544 say they are obligated to protect the public in such a situation, whether they are on duty or not. Given the instructions, some wonder if they would be disciplined for taking down a gunman in a situation like the Fort Hood shooting or the January, 2011 case in Casa Adobes, in which a deranged gunmen shot 19 people, including Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Six people were killed.

“It is always comforting to know that for those of us who carry a weapon when we are off-duty, if we should encounter such a situation, stop a shooter and save countless lives, we can look forward to being disciplined or fired by the Border Patrol because we should have run away to hide and then maybe thrown objects at the deranged killer instead of taking action and stopping him with a firearm,” the union local's website says.

Border Patrol union blasts Homeland Security instructions to 'run away' and 'hide' from gunmen | Fox News

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety.

~Oddball
LOL. Had I been their supervisor I'da told them to shoot themselves in the head to avoid being injured.
Yes sir ! As you wish sir !

Pathetic for true. Pelosi and Carney, two very high ranking Democrats not being able to address the deceased agent by his name is appalling.

Why should they? After all they got up and walked out rather than find out what happened. Is Brian Terry were black and holder white, they wouldn't have done that.

I watched that when it happened. the entire cbc and most of the rest of the democrats stormed out with a "fuck you Terry's" you'll never know what happened to you son.

Would there have been a walk out had Brian Terry been black and holder been white?

Al Sharpton would be barring the door.

I'm not going to vote for Romney because I find his version of Corporatopia to be a little piece of hell, and expect the economy to go into the tank even more if Bain Capital is put into the Presidency. I've seen the results of 'creative destruction' - its really 'I can get lots of money out of damaging these people's lives' and I think its the worst part of America.

But I am PISSED about Holder, and I think this is the worst kind of political machination - this is courting the Latino vote, purely at the expense of law enforcement. Putting others at risk for your personal political gain is disgusting.

We need a strong moderate party in this country - or barring that, LOTS of smaller ones that will break up the big tents and make it effective to vote for candidates that they really want.

The two party system needs to go.

I'm not going to vote for Romney because I find his version of Corporatopia to be a little piece of hell, and expect the economy to go into the tank even more if Bain Capital is put into the Presidency. I've seen the results of 'creative destruction' - its really 'I can get lots of money out of damaging these people's lives' and I think its the worst part of America.

But I am PISSED about Holder, and I think this is the worst kind of political machination - this is courting the Latino vote, purely at the expense of law enforcement. Putting others at risk for your personal political gain is disgusting.

We need a strong moderate party in this country - or barring that, LOTS of smaller ones that will break up the big tents and make it effective to vote for candidates that they really want.

The two party system needs to go.

You dont think Romney is a strong moderate? You're fucking delusional.

I heard this on the news this morning too. How much more stupid can our government become?

You just cannot make this stuff up.

<snip>

The FEMA-administered computer course, entitled &#8220;IS-907- Active Shooter: What You Can Do,&#8221; is a 45-minute tutorial that provides guidance to all employees on how to recognize indicators of possible workplace violence and what to do should their office be invaded by gunmen and focuses around three main options; either evacuate, hide out, or in dire circumstances, take action.

Main Points of the "Active Shooter" training course
Evacuate: If there is an accessible escape path, attempt to evacuate the premises.
Hide out: If evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find you.
Take action: As a last resort, and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to disrupt and/or incapacitate the active shooter.

<snip>

But members of Local 2544 say they are obligated to protect the public in such a situation, whether they are on duty or not. Given the instructions, some wonder if they would be disciplined for taking down a gunman in a situation like the Fort Hood shooting or the January, 2011 case in Casa Adobes, in which a deranged gunmen shot 19 people, including Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Six people were killed.

&#8220;It is always comforting to know that for those of us who carry a weapon when we are off-duty, if we should encounter such a situation, stop a shooter and save countless lives, we can look forward to being disciplined or fired by the Border Patrol because we should have run away to hide and then maybe thrown objects at the deranged killer instead of taking action and stopping him with a firearm,&#8221; the union local's website says.

Border Patrol union blasts Homeland Security instructions to 'run away' and 'hide' from gunmen | Fox News

Forum copyright policy, to be found HERE, prohibits posting of pieces in their entirety.

~Oddball

Perhaps the Surest sign Yet that America is Done as a Power in the World. We are not afraid to protect our Own Borders.

Can anyone explain to me the Point to having Armed Border Agent if you tell them to Run and Hide, and "throw things" at people who have Invaded this country, and are armed?

What a Joke, Who ever authorized this Should be fired ASAP.

I remember a report about BP agents having AR-15 long guns for patrol. But no ammunition.

Who thinks this stuff up?

Bureaucrats who have never been on the border and not likely any other place where bullets might be sent their way.

Couldnt agree more. Bureaucrats are either simply ignoring the dangers associated with our quickly decaying border, or choose to not care..

I would argue to say, in Mexico, and along our border, we're beginning to see the effects of what many would call, an insurgency.

I took this from another board I attend on a regular basis, but the points are relevant;

- Increasingly weak and corrupt government that can't extend it's influence beyond the Federal District- CHECK
- Anti-government organizations engaging in criminal and terrorist activity to further their endstate (aka "CONTROL") (murder for hire, drug trade, prostitution, VBIEDs, complex attacks on Military installations, ambushes on patrols, illegal checkpoints for tolls etc)- CHECK
- A steady flow of weapons leaving the hands of government military and other security personnel into insurgent control (US DoD miltary-grade weapons to SEDENA being given to Cartels via corrupt military/law enforcement personnel)- CHECK
- Anti-government forces engaging in an effective IO campaign via multi-media (ref-narcorridos, execution videos, blogs, night letters etc)- CHECK
- Ritualistic executions of government and military officials (ref- "Santa Muerta," La Familia's "purification" of enemies" through fire and Los Zetas decapitations)- CHECK
- Ties to foreign intelligence services/military organizations (ref-Los Zetas ties to members of the Guatemalan Kabiles, Venezualan SOF community, Cuban Intelligence etc)- CHECK
- Anti-Government forces waging an effective non-lethal campaign to win the local populace to their side (ref- cartels offering jobs, benefits, governance and SECURITY)- CHECK
- Anti-Government forces successfully compromise an influential political party that may possibly make significant gains in the upcoming election (ref-the PRD and ties to La Familia and to a lesser extent Los Zetas)- CHECK

Looks an awful lot like an insurgency when you really think about it.

Last edited:
Disarming the Border Patrol is but a step in the larger process of getting rid of the Border Patrol completely by removing all incentives to be a Border Patrol agent.

LAPD finally got so many controls that no one would serve in the gang task force so it was disbanded. There isn't a gang task force any more. They can do the same thing to get rid of the Border Patrol.

Forum List

Back