Border agent killed, another injured during ‘attack’ near Texas southern border Fox News

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by shockedcanadian, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Crawl back under your rock.

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,346
    Billboards rolled out for Investigation of U.S. Border Patrol Agent's killers...

FBI Rolls Out Billboards in Investigation of U.S. Border Patrol Agent's Death
    Dec. 1, 2017 - The FBI is using electronic billboards to reach out to motorists who may have witnesses the incident that left Border Patrol Agent Rogelio Martinez dead and another agent injured.

3. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,087
    The local sheriff says they they were most likely sideswiped by a semi.

Investigators explore possibility that Border Patrol agent died in accident | Mexico | Dallas News
    ---
    Culberson County Sheriff Oscar Carrillo, one of the first responders on the scene, believes a tractor trailer could have accidentally sideswiped Martinez and his partner while they were standing near a culvert just feet from Interstate 10. The highway is a heavily traveled route for interstate truckers and there have been a number of accidents, some of them caused by wind drafts, or drivers overcorrecting on the lonely road, Carrillo said.

“From the beginning we were radioed to assist in the incident as an injury, not an assault," he said. "That’s the way it was communicated to us.

“If this was an assault, believe me, as sheriff, I’d be the first one out there emphasizing safety in our community and with our deputies, pairing them up,” he added. “But from what I know and see, that was not the case here.”
    ---