Borat being sued by darn near everyone...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by fuzzykitten99, Nov 14, 2006.

1. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    It seems that since Borat is now a huge hit, to me it sounds like those from the movie want a piece of the money, even though they signed waivers. If they were in fact duped, it should be a learning experience to not be so gullible/naive or just to take it in stride, have a sense of humor, and laugh with everyone else. The most recent lawsuit makes me want to say "Boo F-ing Hoo"...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=415871&in_page_id=1770

2. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but my sister did, and told me I ought to see it. She wants my "take" on it. She wouldn't give her opinion until she hears what I have to say...........?

Anyway, she did say that when her and her husband attended the movie, there was a lot of laughter throughout the show, but she was not finding humor in all that most of the audience was.

She was wondering if it was generational, or she was just not "getting" it.

She felt that there were some parts that were intended to be funny that she thought were in poor taste. Again she wouldn't give me specifics, but wants me to see the movie first before discussing it.
    I did however read on Drudge, that the suits were of the "nature" of being deceived by the filming company.......via the waivers..........in other words, the people were told one thing, and it was misrepresented.

I gathered that these people were portrayed in ways that they felt were embarrassing, degrading, or downright untrue.
    Again, thats just a news report....
    I also understand that this village of Glod, has no sewage system, electricity, running water.......ecetera........

Was Borat taking advantage of some folks that aren't savvy to the modern, techno world, and the often South Park-like type of humor that's in vogue nowadays in the West?

3. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    So how old is she? I think I'd like to see it but she may have a valid point.

4. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Let's just say we're both upper middle-aged...:D

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    OK, that works..