Boortz Says It Better Than Me

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
THE PORT DEAL - THIS COULD BE BUSH'S FIRST VETO? HE'S JOKING, RIGHT?

I've tried ... tried hard ... but it's no use. I just can't understand why George Bush is so invested in this idea of turning the operations at six essential U.S. ports, New York, New Jersey, Baltimore, New Orleans, Miami and Philadelphia, over to a foreign government ... and an Islamic foreign government at that.

Security experts are pretty much in agreement that if -- and I think it's a "when" rather than an "if" -- a nuclear device is ever smuggled into this country, the weapon will arrive in a container through one of our ports. Do you think that these containers are screened? Actually, many of them are. But where and how they are screened is critical. Most of the screening actually takes place in a foreign port before the containers are loaded onto a ship for the trip to America. Are any of those containers screened here? Yes. A few. A very few. The primary method of screening is for our security officials to look at the container manifests while those containers are at sea to determine which containers will be opened for further screening. What is being proposed here is to put a foreign government, an Islamic government, in virtual control over just how those manifests are prepared and how they will read ... especially the manifests for containers being shipped from a port operated by an Islamic government TO a port being operated by an Islamic government.

Rest of the article at the link.

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Remember, if Jimmy Carter thinks it's a good idea, it probably isn't.

Jesus Christ man!!

What on Earth are you doing up at this hour? What am I doing up at this hour?

I say we forget these English papers and hit the hay.

But yea your right, if I were him and everyone was this pissed, I'd just go with the flow. Its not like letting another company have the contract is a bad thing.

Slightly off topic. Boortz was just saying parents who send their children to government schools are child abusers. He'll probably have some angry parents call in now.

rtwngAvngr said:
Slightly off topic. Boortz was just saying parents who send their children to government schools are child abusers. He'll probably have some angry parents call in now.
What was his reasoning for saying that?

mom4 said:
What was his reasoning for saying that?

He was just saying the teachers union has ruined public schools. He was talking about the statistic that the people who become education majors are overwhelimingly from the lower ranks of their high school graduating class. He was also mentioning that the criteria for doing well in teacher training was philosophy and attitude. Not grades. He was reading from some education programs own literature about it. Let me see if I can find it.

rtwngAvngr said:
He was just saying the teachers union has ruined public schools. He was talking about the statistic that the people who become education majors are overwhelimingly from the lower ranks of their high school graduating class. He was also mentioning that the criteria for doing well in teacher training was philosophy and attitude. Not grades. He was reading from some education programs own literature about it. Let me see if I can find it.
Very interested... when I get back from my daughter's PT appt!

I couldn't find what he was citing. Another big point, though, was that you have to be an EDUCATION major to be be teacher, even if you have great command of a specific subject. THere was a caller who called in who was a math major and it was hard for her to get a job to teach math even though she was amazing at it, the jobs went to education majors. This keeps a lot of gifted people with deep knowledge out of the classroom and it's really a tragedy.

rtwngAvngr said:
I couldn't find what he was citing. Another big point, though, was that you have to be an EDUCATION major to be be teacher, even if you have great command of a specific subject. THere was a caller who called in who was a math major and it was hard for her to get a job to teach math even though she was amazing at it, the jobs went to education majors. This keeps a lot of gifted people with deep knowledge out of the classroom and it's really a tragedy.
Education majors teach only ps-9. In IL, it's pretty much subject majors 6-12, called a type 9 certification: 3 ed classes and 1 semester student teaching.

dilloduck said:
So you now have read the complete agreement between DPW and the United States? Post it so we can all read it and see what the facts are.

Have you? Seriously, dillo, I'm getting really sick of this attitude of yours concerning this issue. I'm no stranger to opposing views, but this is rediculous. You're attempting to place an unreachable burden of proof on everyone else. For the love of all things holy, put up some sort of argument that consists of more than (paraphrased), "OMG!!! U R TEH LIIIIIAAAAAARRRRRSSSSSS!!!!"

Kathianne said:
Education majors teach only ps-9. In IL, it's pretty much subject majors 6-12, called a type 9 certification: 3 ed classes and 1 semester student teaching.

Explaining things is a natural human function. Having a specialized degree is just job protection.

I could maybe justify having to read a pamphlet with things like:

1.speak clearly
2. answer questions to the best of your ability
3. don't be a bore
4. discipline troublemakers

rtwngAvngr said:
Explaining things is a natural human function. Having a specialized degree is just job protection.
Not necessarily so... you should hear my husband sometimes!

But I agree that, at least starting at jr. high level, teachers should have specialized knowledge.

mom4 said:
Not necessarily so... you should hear my husband sometimes!

But I agree that, at least starting at jr. high level, teachers should have specialized knowledge.

lol.I think it's an inborn gift, really. Some people can do it. some people can't despite training.

Forum List

Back