BOOM!!!! Rand Paul Wins

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
A very substantial margin of victory for the Tea Party candidate.

Paul will now quickly mend fences with the Republican Party machine, but will, by the significance of his victory, be in the driver's seat when dictating terms.

And so the conservative tide heading into November 2010 grows...

___

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Rand Paul defeated Republican establishment favorite Trey Grayson in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate, a closely watched race that was a key test of the tea party movement's strength.

Paul, the son of former presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, on Tuesday gave the tea party its first victory in a statewide election — one that could embolden the fledgling political movement in other states. With 31 percent of precincts reporting, Paul was leading with 65,702 votes, or 59 percent, to Grayson's 40,767 votes or 37 percent.

Paul wins Ky. Sen. primary in test of tea party | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

A very substantial margin of victory for the Tea Party candidate.

Paul will now quickly mend fences with the Republican Party machine, but will, by the significance of his victory, be in the driver's seat when dictating terms.

And so the conservative tide heading into November 2010 grows...

___

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Rand Paul defeated Republican establishment favorite Trey Grayson in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate, a closely watched race that was a key test of the tea party movement's strength.

Paul, the son of former presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, on Tuesday gave the tea party its first victory in a statewide election — one that could embolden the fledgling political movement in other states. With 31 percent of precincts reporting, Paul was leading with 65,702 votes, or 59 percent, to Grayson's 40,767 votes or 37 percent.

Paul wins Ky. Sen. primary in test of tea party | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Tea party? He's a Libertarian, he'll drive those neocons nuts.

In an unambiguous demonstration of the muscle of the Tea Party movement, Dr. Rand Paul has defeated Secretary of State Trey Grayson in the Kentucky GOP Senate primary, according to an estimate by the Associated Press.

Grayson, the choice of much of the GOP establishment (including top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell, Kentucky's senior senator), had initially been expected to win the Republican nomination fairly easily.

But Paul, an eye surgeon and the son of former Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, captured the imagination of the state's Republican base with a message of fiscal discipline.

___

Rand Paul Wins Kentucky GOP Primary - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

So much for the liberal mantra that the tea partiers have no influence.

Poor lil' liberals!....Always wrong in so many ways!

LMAO!

___

The Rand Paul win is significant - both in awakening the realization within the Republican Party that 2010 will NOT be "business as usual", and sending a clear signal to the nation that, as you indicate, the Tea Party movement has become the most significant political movement in America. And despite repeated attempts to marginalize the movement, the Tea Party is comprised of Republicans, Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians connected by the very strong and common thread of Less Government, Greater Individual Liberty, and an end to the Fiscal Insanity of the last decade carried out by both parties.

In an unambiguous demonstration of the muscle of the Tea Party movement, Dr. Rand Paul has defeated Secretary of State Trey Grayson in the Kentucky GOP Senate primary, according to an estimate by the Associated Press.

Grayson, the choice of much of the GOP establishment (including top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell, Kentucky's senior senator), had initially been expected to win the Republican nomination fairly easily.

But Paul, an eye surgeon and the son of former Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, captured the imagination of the state's Republican base with a message of fiscal discipline.

___

Rand Paul Wins Kentucky GOP Primary - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Of course it had nothing at all to do with Rand Paul and his campaign. :cuckoo:

Where were you frauds when his father was vying for the presidential republican nomination?

Oh yeah, that's right, most of you were still neocons who wanted fake establishment RINO's.

Regardless, I'm celebrating this one tonight. This might be the sweetest election victory I've ever been a part of.

Where were you frauds when his father was vying for the presidential republican nomination?

Oh yeah, that's right, most of you were still neocons who wanted fake establishment RINO's.

Regardless, I'm celebrating this one tonight. This might be the sweetest election victory I've ever been a part of.

Exactly, they were running smear campaigns against his father. They all called him a psycho and extreme.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Rand Paul ran a very strong campaign - namely embracing the Tea Party and its most powerful national figure - and thus smashing his establishment opposition...

___

Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul

Published on 01 February 2010 by David Adams in General News

National political icon and conservative leader Sarah Palin has endorsed Dr. Rand Paul in his bid for United States Senate from Kentucky. The Paul campaign has received a generous donation from Governor Palin’s PAC.

Sarah Palin has clearly seen that Rand Paul supports smaller, constitutional government and is taking the fight to the career politicians and will shake up the tax and spend crowd in Washington D.C.

“Governor Palin is providing tremendous leadership as the Tea Party movement and constitutional conservatives strive to take our country back,” Rand said.

“Sarah Palin is a giant in American politics. I am proud to receive her support.”

Sarah Palin endorses Rand Paul | Rand Paul 2010 | U.S. Senate

Exactly, they were running smear campaigns against his father. They all called him a psycho and extreme.

Yep. Rand's campaign caught on so fast, that it was impossible to avoid jumping on the bandwagon.

Just goes to show that politics is really just whatever is the flavor of the week.

There are virtually no differences between Rand and Ron, except that Rand was careful to keep the more extreme libertarian rhetoric out of his campaign.

The real Ron Paul supporters who've listened to countless Rand speeches at rallies and such know him much better. Rand played politics in this campaign, and you know what? I don't care. You don't get anywhere unless you do. You have to beat the bastards at their own game or you don't get anywhere.

But don't forget, the Gop is committing political SUCIDE.

man oh man I can't hardly wait for NOVEMBER.:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXytE_EbqjE]YouTube - Sarah Palin Endorses Rand Paul[/ame]

Shut up you fucking redneck.

Don't think I don't remember all the shit you talked about Ron Paul back during presidential primary season.

But now all the sudden his son is ok?

You're a fucking fake ass bitch.

Yep. Rand's campaign caught on so fast, that it was impossible to avoid jumping on the bandwagon.

Just goes to show that politics is really just whatever is the flavor of the week.

There are virtually no differences between Rand and Ron, except that Rand was careful to keep the more extreme libertarian rhetoric out of his campaign.

The real Ron Paul supporters who've listened to countless Rand speeches at rallies and such know him much better. Rand played politics in this campaign, and you know what? I don't care. You don't get anywhere unless you do. You have to beat the bastards at their own game or you don't get anywhere.

He had to and this victory is for the thinking men and women out there. It has more to do with that than party affiliation. If you are a Libertarian, I am so so happy for you right now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQWUI75fIQ&feature=channel]YouTube - Rand Paul and The National Tea Party Convention[/ame]

No, it was about some of his dangerous policies. Like leaving our allies hanging by closing our foreign bases.

Ron Paul's a brilliant man. I agree with much of what he stands for. But I will not support ANYBODY who will weaken our security, or the security of our allies.

I'll leave that for the liberal loons.

Last edited:

Shut up you fucking redneck.

Don't think I don't remember all the shit you talked about Ron Paul back during presidential primary season.

But now all the sudden his son is ok?

You're a fucking fake ass bitch.

So you are winning people over to your point of view and you are mad about it?

Seriously, that seems a bit absurd. I thought you wanted to convince people that your way was correct.

Forum List

Back