Bookstores with liberal agendas?

softwaremama

Jul 8, 2004
Chicago area
Has anybody experienced this?

There is a bookstore I frequent, a Borders Books, where more conservative books are, uh, not on shelves, difficult to find--or unavailable. For example, I had to order the O'Neal book, Unfit for Command, even though it's a bestseller--and I live in a major metro area, BTW. At other times, when I've looked for O'Reilly's books, Ann Coulter's et al, I have to find a clerk who then retrieves the book from some Siberian zone of the store--or I've had to order the books because they're "sold out."

Is this a phenom in your area? Are funky-looking liberal clerks w/agendas praticing guerilla book-banning to support their addictions to strong coffee? Or is Borders (or other stores I'm not aware of) not about selling product?

Ive always just thought that they dont have conservative books because there is such a big demand that they go fast.

Ive always just thought that they dont have conservative books because there is such a big demand that they go fast.

No, I think they hide them, purposely damage them, and lose them. There was a discussion on talk radio recently verifying this; others in this metro area have experieneced this. I'm wondering if this phenom is happening elsewhere.

Forum List

Back