Books to Movies you wish would happen.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I asked deanrd to post this thread but he didn't..so here tis.

Hollyweird has no imagination. They have to do re-do's over and over again since their brains are in their pants instead of thinking up new movies. So....what books do you wish would be made into a movie?

I would like to see McCammons:
Swan Song. It's BETTER than The Stand.
Wolfs Hour. WW2 time, secret weapon is...a werewolf that turns to wolf to steal Rommels maps.
Stinger. Alien themed. Great book.
Usher's Passing. Carried on with a twist of House Of Usher.

Anne Rice:
Witching Hour. Generations of a family of witches
Taltos. Nephilims (half angel, half human)
Blackwood Farm. Vampires & witches

Last edited:
A film based on the Pin Balls by Betsy Byars would've been nice. That was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

The Tales of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

The tech exists to make this into one remarkable epic on the order of The Lord of the Rings.

Hell, I'd invest money to see that project come about.

I'd like to see more of the Louis Lamour books made into movies...
but westerns are out of style

"Stranger in a Strange Land", Heinlein. Maybe Luc Besson directing. Or Tim Burton.

"The Mote In God's Eye", Niven/Pournelle. No idea. It's Peter Jackson scale, so maybe him, though he's inconsistent.

"The Dunwich Horror", H.P. Lovecraft, done as a period piece. Robert Eggers.

Also from Lovecraft, "At The Mountains of Madness", if Guillermo del Toro can ever get his ass wired tight instead of doing Frankenstein remakes and crap like Pacific Rim.

"A Canticle for Leibowitz", Miller. No idea.

None.

Books to movies don't translate well, in my opinion.

"Stranger in a Strange Land", Heinlein. Maybe Luc Besson directing. Or Tim Burton.

"The Mote In God's Eye", Niven/Pournelle. No idea. It's Peter Jackson scale, so maybe him, though he's inconsistent.

Also from Lovecraft, "At The Mountains of Madness", if Guillermo del Toro can ever get his ass wired tight instead of doing Frankenstein remakes and crap like Pacific Rim.

The Dunwich Horror", H.P. Lovecraft, done as a period piece. Robert Eggers.
Very poor version done in 1970, with Sandra Dee, Dean Stockwell, and Ed Begley

The Dunwich Horror (1970) - IMDb

I asked deanrd to post this thread but he didn't..so here tis.

Hollyweird has no imagination. They have to do re-do's over and over again since their brains are in their pants instead of thinking up new movies. So....what books do you wish would be made into a movie?

I would like to see McCammons:
Swan Song. It's BETTER than The Stand.

Yeah, "They Thirst" would make a cool film as well.

Yeah, I saw it when it was released. That was the last time. :laugh:

It doesn't count!

Yeah, I saw it when it was released. That was the last time. :laugh:

On TCM a couple of weeks ago...

didn't make it too far before I switched the channel

OT - a story of Leibowitz's William Miller.

It was reported that one day in 1996, Miller called the police to report a dead body in his front yard.

When the police arrived, they spotted the body immediately. It was Miller's. He'd blown his brains out just after calling.

For years I wanted all of Terry Brooks' Shannara series done but now that they are, I'm disappointed on how they were interpreted. I guess I was expecting more Tolkien-ish.

None.

Generally not. The version you see in your mind reading the words is almost invariably better, if you have an imagination.

For example, the version of DUNE in my head generated from the novel would make you stain your shorts.

Thank Gawd Jodorowsky never got to make his.

None.

Generally not. The version you see in your mind reading the words is almost invariably better, if you have an imagination.

For example, the version of DUNE in my head generated from the novel would make you stain your shorts.

Thank Gawd Jodorowsky never got to make his.

I know

And when I watch "The Great Gatsby"......with todays fashions and furniture....and suits and hairstyles....

too depressing.....

better leave it there ...in the book....

do not touch it unless you are going to do it exactly as it was to the very last detail.