Books The Left Doesen't Want You To Read

So are you being paid to advertise these books?

Acting like the other side is trying to prevent you from reading these books (when they aren't), or that they even care about them is a very old advertising trick.

I bet you anything most on the left have never even heard of those books.

Last edited:
So are you being paid to advertise these books?

Acting like the other side is trying to prevent you from reading these books (when they aren't), or that they even care about them is a very old advertising trick.

I bet you anything most on the left have never even heard of those books.

Oh yes: "I bet you anything most on the left have never even heard of those books"

1. This is one of those rare times when we are in agreement,...although I believe that your rectitude at this time is inadvertent.

My theory about those on the left, and the leftist board members is that they are not evil, nor even misguided, it's just that they are not aware of all the material that we on the right are.

2. It is why the left regularly loses arguments when they debate a conservative: they grew up in an echo chamber that merely repeats their mantras and bumper stickers.

I have heard several mainstream broadcast media, anchors on the major channels, act surprised when a subject that roils us on the right, such as the news about ACORN, or questions about huge weaknesses in ObamaCare, and I believe that they are actually unaware of these questions.

3. Check this out:
"Stephanopoulos appeared on The Sean Hannity Show and New York radio station WOR's The Steve Malzberg Show, where both Hannity and Malzberg suggested to Stephanopoulos that he ask Obama about Ayers."
Right-wing radio hosts suggested "damn good" Ayers question to Stephanopoulos day before Dem debate | Media Matters for America

He didn't know about Ayers!!

My premise is that if all were as familiar with our concerns, if they were covered by mainstream press and news outlets, everyone would be pretty much right wing.

4. But, of course, there is the alternative view, as revealed by Aldous Huxley in “Ends and Means.” “Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know, It is our will that decides how and upon what subjects we shall use our intelligence. Those who detect no meaning in the world generally do so because, for one reason or another, it suits their books that the world should be meaningless.”(p. 312)

5. CBS's Bob Schieffer on Sunday said the reason he didn't ask Attorney General Eric Holder about the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case on last week's "Face the Nation" was because he didn't know about it.

Chatting with Howard Kurtz on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Schieffer said, "This all really became a story when the whistleblower came out and testified that he'd had to leave the Justice Department and so on. And, frankly, had I known about that, I would have asked the question."

His excuse?

"I was on vacation that week. This happened -- apparently, it got very little publicity. And, you know, I just didn't know about it" (video follows with transcript and commentary):
Bob Schieffer: What Black Panther Story? 'I Was on Vacation' - Archive - Fox Nation

6. Several Chicago readers and Twitterers report that ABC News anchor Charlie Gibson told WLS-AM Chicago talk show hosts Don Wade and Roma this morning that the reason he hasn’t covered the ACORN scandal is that he didn’t know about it.

“…Charlie Gibson on as their usual Tuesday morning guest. Don asked Charlie, why, after the senate last night voted to halt funding to ACORN and after three of those video tapes of ACORN employees helping the pimp and prostitute set up shop, there was no mention of it anywhere on the network news. Charlie gave out a most uncomfortable laugh and said that that was the first he heard of it!”

ABC’s Jake Tapper reported on the Census Bureau’s decision to drop ACORN from its data collection partnerships on Friday as a result of BigGovernment.com’s video stings.
Gibson also admitted to Don and Roma that he didn’t know about the Senate vote to de-fund ACORN.Michelle Malkin ACORN Watch: Charlie Gibson and the ostrich media; Update: Audio added

7. And, therefore, it is clear that you have hit the nail on the head: the mainstream left is either ignorant, or purposely so.

And the citizenry-left should be excused form knowing the literature in the OP, unless they have access to the internet, have been educated, can read and write, or have a library card.

It's our sabotaged educational system that makes people believe FDR was great and McCarthy was evil when in fact, it's the exact opposite

You have to educate yourself, our state run educational system only seeks to grow and crush the individual

It's our sabotaged educational system that makes people believe FDR was great and McCarthy was evil when in fact, it's the exact opposite

You have to educate yourself, our state run educational system only seeks to grow and crush the individual

CF, you must be an eternal optimist..."You have to educate yourself."

It's bread and circus, Frank.

And you know what follows those.

I read the "The Forgotten Man" and wanted to punch every one of my lying Progressive history professors in the face.

You did? Cover to cover? Wow, who would have guessed.

I wonder, have you also read 1984? IF you did, do you recall the purpose of the Ministry of Truth? Do you recall Winston, and the job he had?
You suggest you attended college, and had "Progressive history professors". Did they assign primary sources for your reading pleasure? Do you know why primary sources are an important source for understanding history?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back