Booking.Com Is A Scam

Must be why Muammar Gaddafi would never stay in apartments or hotels in NYC. He always pitched a tent somewhere.

I had crab cakes, clam chowder and coconut shrimp for dinner the other night! I don't usually like coconut, but I love coconut shrimp.

Love all of those myself.
Although it's a little hard to find decent Clam Chowder down here.
And dont get me started on Coconut shrimp.
It took the wife and I about a half dozen attempts before we got them right.
This is the secret to getting that sweet taste.
View attachment 153743

I usually use a beer batter with coconut milk in it and then I dredge them in shredded sweetened coconut.

We tried that and the deep fry burns the sugars in the coconut and made them bitter.
We do the coco lopez first,then a beer batter and finish with unsweetened coconut.
The beer batter protects the sugars in the Coco Lopez.

I don't deep fry them. I just put a little oil on the bottom of a cast iron skillet and keep turning them. They only need to cook for a couple of minutes, and they are really good that way.

The best I've ever had before we perfected the recipe was in Jamaica.
They actually stock up on shrimp when we go.
Catcha Falling Star Jamaica: Ocean front cottages and suites

I had crab cakes, clam chowder and coconut shrimp for dinner the other night! I don't usually like coconut, but I love coconut shrimp.

View attachment 153743

I usually use a beer batter with coconut milk in it and then I dredge them in shredded sweetened coconut.

We tried that and the deep fry burns the sugars in the coconut and made them bitter.
We do the coco lopez first,then a beer batter and finish with unsweetened coconut.

I don't deep fry them. I just put a little oil on the bottom of a cast iron skillet and keep turning them. They only need to cook for a couple of minutes, and they are really good that way.

Nice place!

View attachment 153743

Nice place!

Yeah.....we always make plans to go sightseeing but we always end up laying around doing nothing but soaking up the atmosphere and drinking and eating all day.
Although we always make a point of visiting Three Dives at least once. It's a little hole in the wall place with the best jerk ever!!!
The guys there showed me how to make proper Jerk chicken.

upload_2017-10-11_10-34-10.png

upload_2017-10-11_10-37-13.png

I love New York. To visit, anyway. Would hate to live there. The traffic is atrocious.

But the food! Oh my god the food.

I gorged on Italian food while I was there, as well as several other venues. If anyone is going to Manhattan, I can recommend some fantastic places.

My biggest disappointment was that a large organization like booking.com did not act to make things right immediately and relocate us. I even sent them videos so they could see for themselves what a gross safety hazard the place was. To no avail.

I've always stayed in hotels when I travel to Manhattan. I wanted an apartment this time because we had a lot of friends and family who were going to visit with us while we were there.

Everyone should see New York City at least once.

I did notice the infrastructure is starting to go to hell. The subway system especially is floundering.

"Starting"? Hell, depending on which section of town you're in it has already gone back to nature! But, I do love Broadway! Saw Hamilton there a few weeks ago. Fantastic show.

DSC_0941.JPG
66284d1280695277-south-bronx-urban-decay-robertronan5-bristowstande170st.jpg

Nice place!

Yeah.....we always make plans to go sightseeing but we always end up laying around doing nothing but soaking up the atmosphere and drinking and eating all day.
Although we always make a point of visiting Three Dives at least once. It's a little hole in the wall place with the best jerk ever!!!

View attachment 153754

View attachment 153756

Looks like my kind of place! :2up:

I love New York. To visit, anyway. Would hate to live there. The traffic is atrocious.

I gorged on Italian food while I was there, as well as several other venues. If anyone is going to Manhattan, I can recommend some fantastic places.

My biggest disappointment was that a large organization like booking.com did not act to make things right immediately and relocate us. I even sent them videos so they could see for themselves what a gross safety hazard the place was. To no avail.

I've always stayed in hotels when I travel to Manhattan. I wanted an apartment this time because we had a lot of friends and family who were going to visit with us while we were there.

I did notice the infrastructure is starting to go to hell. The subway system especially is floundering.

"Starting"? Hell, depending on which section of town you're in it has already gone back to nature! But, I do love Broadway! Saw Hamilton there a few weeks ago. Fantastic show.

DSC_0941.JPG
66284d1280695277-south-bronx-urban-decay-robertronan5-bristowstande170st.jpg

Sure, New York has it's ghetto sections like most big cities. Definitely have to be careful where you go.

Nice place!

View attachment 153754

View attachment 153756

Looks like my kind of place! :2up:

When we were younger we used to explore Jamaica from one end to the other.
We even went into the bush in the mountains and visited a Rasta weed farm.
Super cool people.

View attachment 153743

Nice place!
That's one of those resorts spoke of in an earlier post which Americans go to which has no connection to the reality of life in Jamaica. Those resorts are staffed by natives paid slave wages to provide color.

I've seen New York at its worst and at its best. It is nowhere near its worst right now. Not even close.

Nice place!
That's one of those resorts spoke of in an earlier post which Americans go to which has no connection to the reality of life in Jamaica. Those resorts are staffed by natives paid slave wages to provide color.

Wrong.
You obviously dont know shit about Jamaica.

Nice place!

Wrong.
I've been there several times. The real Jamaica. Not the tourist Jamaica.

Nice place!

Wrong.

What do you think those people would do to earn a living on that island without the tourism industry?

I'll bet most Jamaicans are thankful for the tourism industry and the money and wealth it brings to the island. Of course they aren't going to place tourist resorts in the ghettos! WTF? Lol.

Nice place!

Wrong.
I've been there several times.

Several?
I've been dozens of times.
You're thinking of the walled in compounds that discourage the guest from exploring the island,places like Couples or Beaches which we avoid like the plague.

Nice place!

Wrong.

What do you think those people would do to earn a living on that island without the tourism industry?

Exactly.
I know the staff at Catcha make pretty good money from the guests.
Which is why we avoid the mega resorts which forbid tipping.
We tip the bartender Kevin at least $200 at the end of the week and the maids $100 each. In Jamaica that goes a long way.

Nice place!

Wrong.

Several?
You're thinking of the walled in compounds that discourage the guest from exploring the island,places like Couples or Beaches which we avoid like the plague.

Yeah, I've seen commercials for those places (Sandals, etc.) that look way overcrowded. If I was going to a resort, I would want more private settings than that huge "Disney World" type of place. :)

Nice place!

Wrong.

Several?

Yeah, I've seen commercials for those places (Sandals, etc.) that look way overcrowded. If I was going to a resort, I would want more private settings than that huge "Disney World" type of place. :)

You might as well go to Florida if you're going to stay in those places.
We like to get out and meet the locals and Kevin the Bartender also owns a little restaurant in the hills we frequent.

Forum List

Back