book review section?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
with the number of books out that relate to subjects discussed on this board, I think it would be cool if we had a book review section where people could post books they have read with short reviews and other people could then join in the discussion as usual. I think it would help me pick from the hundreds of books on Amazon that currently look appealing to me.

I know that books from palin, beck, franken, etc probably won't get useful threads, but there are numerous books out on intelligence, counter insurgency, foreign & monetrary policy, and so on that reviews could turn out to be very useful on.

Now that you mention it, here's my favorite book:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Illusions-Adventures-Reluctant-Richard-Bach/dp/0440204887]Amazon.com: Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah (9780440204886): Richard Bach: Books[/ame]

Reviews (2 Viewing)
Review your favorite movies, books...

I suppose it could be split, but I don't see the need.

Perhaps you could start your thread title with Book: or Film:eek:r include the author's name to be clear

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. Pick a title in a thread called Literary Review. That way all forms of literature could be commented on.

Good idea. Pick a title in a thread called Literary Review. That way all forms of literature could be commented on.
In some minds, "literature" is taken to include oral, dramatic, and broadcast compositions that may not have been published in written form but which have been (or deserve to be) preserved. Personally, i consider most of today's published writings to be nothing more than fuel for burning. Literature is worth preserving.

with the number of books out that relate to subjects discussed on this board, I think it would be cool if we had a book review section where people could post books they have read with short reviews and other people could then join in the discussion as usual. I think it would help me pick from the hundreds of books on Amazon that currently look appealing to me.

I know that books from palin, beck, franken, etc probably won't get useful threads, but there are numerous books out on intelligence, counter insurgency, foreign & monetrary policy, and so on that reviews could turn out to be very useful on.

I can't remember reading any books with short reviews.

Why post a whole book when you can post a short review?

If you think books on Amazon are appealing, you should see books on Nile.

There are numerous books discussed in the existing forum here. Try scrolling down to the bottom of the home page.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back