Here are the covers provided by my ex-publisher

412jbRMQXEL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

31szIfkDRiL._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And here are the new ones I’m thinking of using:

SC%20Paint%20Cover1_2.png

and

The%20Kings%20Highway.png

What do you think? Be honest please.

Your old publisher has the best one. Second one down is the most eye catching. The first one so, so, the other two suck.

These are the book covers I used to use

115791.jpg

You are welcome to use it

Too cheap to hire a graphic artist? Holy crap, they all suck.

Do yourself a favor, write a short synapses, take it to the local high school, parochial or community college, and see if one of the instructors would be interested in offering it as a project to the students. Offer a small fee, like say, a hundred bones for the winner and run a competition. You will get MUCH better results, I guarantee it.

In my honors senior graphics art program in high school and some of the classes I took at both state colleges we did much better design work, and that wasn't even my major. That is some pretty shoddy work.

If you use the second choice, liberals will accuse the book one cover of being a dog whistle for extreme interrogation.

Here's the blurb for the novel:

Indentured as a cabin boy, sailed to the far ends of the earth, tossed overboard in a storm, washed up on an alien shore, and wakened by a savage Majican Indian. Timothy Beadle finds himself under the spell of Father Junipero Serra and sets out to explore the land called California.

After a whole lot of diddling around, I think I've just about reached the final versions of my book covers (including the blurb for one and am still working on the second).

attachment.php

He was indentured as a cabin boy, sailed to the far ends of the earth, treacherously tossed overboard in a storm, washed up on an alien shore, and wakened by a savage Majican Indian. Timothy Beadle found himself under the spell of Father Junipero Serra and set out to explore the land called California.

attachment.php

Forum List

Back