Bonuses..........

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
anyone here ever gotten one......

anyone here ever worked at a company that was failing financialy.....

if you were working hard and doing a good job while your company was tanking and befoe ..... sure those that caused the problem should be fired and were ......

if you stay and help fix it.....and take a cut in pay......and you help fix it and stop it from tanking......and you recover....

do you desrerve your full pay back.....deserve back pay ....deserve a bonus for that effort or just the pay check you were getting.....

Yes.

USAF ... so sort of.

if you were working hard and doing a good job while your company was tanking and befoe ..... sure those that caused the problem should be fired and were ......

if you stay and help fix it.....and take a cut in pay......and you help fix it and stop it from tanking......and you recover....

do you desrerve your full pay back.....deserve back pay ....deserve a bonus for that effort or just the pay check you were getting.....

I would like to have my previous salary restored but I don't think I would deserve back pay unless it was agreed upon with the pay cut. If you help turn it around back into a profitable company then it's up to the company to whether or not to pay you a bonus.

However, I think I know where you are going with this ....

What I have to say is that if your company needed taxpayer money to assist the effort to "turn the company around" then IMO, no, you don't deserve a bonus until the company has paid off it's debt to the taxpayer first. Once that has happened then the company can start divvying up it's "profits" to its employees.

Yes.

USAF ... so sort of.

I would like to have my previous salary restored but I don't think I would deserve back pay unless it was agreed upon with the pay cut. If you help turn it around back into a profitable company then it's up to the company to whether or not to pay you a bonus.

What I have to say is that if your company needed taxpayer money to assist the effort to "turn the company around" then IMO, no, you don't deserve a bonus until the company has paid off it's debt to the taxpayer first. Once that has happened then the company can start divvying up it's "profits" to its employees.

companies take out loans and lines of credit all the time......if the terms are xyand z then so be it.....but last i checked there were no such terms......

Yes.

USAF ... so sort of.

companies take out loans and lines of credit all the time......if the terms are xyand z then so be it.....but last i checked there were no such terms......

And that was a huge mistake on the gov'ts part ... well, that and giving them the money in the first place. The should have had these terms put in before they agreed to give them the money, trying to rework the deal after it has already been made is a terrible idea and I would imagine unconstitutional.

IMO, if you come to the tax payer to bail you out of trouble then there should be some serious strings attached to both protect the taxpayer's money AND act as a deterrant to those companies from asking for the money in the first place.

Yes.
USAF ... so sort of.
And that was a huge mistake on the gov'ts part ... well, that and giving them the money in the first place. The should have had these terms put in before they agreed to give them the money, trying to rework the deal after it has already been made is a terrible idea and I would imagine unconstitutional.
IMO, if you come to the tax payer to bail you out of trouble then there should be some serious strings attached to both protect the taxpayer's money AND act as a deterrant to those companies asking for the money in the first place.

i agree.....but as far as i can tell the guys that got bonuses were the performers that were kept....agreed to work for $1....and negotiated a contract that they would get a performance bonus if they met certain goals....which they did and they were paid.....to come back after the fact a tax them away or ask for the back is classless.....

i wish congress had to work for a living....spolied emeffers

Yeah, after my initial outrage about the bonuses (it still lingers) I've calmed down and realized that Congress could have stopped this before it even happened but they didn't. They are a day late and a dollar short trying to do something about it now.

Forum List

Back