Bonjovi in the hall of fame?

Um, yeah they did. Sambora and Bon Jovi had a hand in writing all of them.

However, using your criteria, no Motown performers - with the exception of Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson - should be in the Hall of Fame because none of them wrote their hits.

eh, Zambora and Jon wrote their songs.

They were the thing at the time. Eh..It's not bad stuff!

I'd rather hear them fags than music nowadays, that's for sure.

Even their nostalgia concert tours in recent years have done f'in gangbusters, and Wanted Dead or Alive is straight up iconic. I'm not a fan of these guys, but I don't see any reason you wouldn't throw them into the HoF.

However, using your criteria, no Motown performers - with the exception of Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson - should be in the Hall of Fame because none of them wrote their hits.

Neither did Elvis

Neither did Elvis
thats why i dont consider him the king of R&R....I consider Chuck Berry the king,he was a creator in writing,guitar playing and performing...

They belong there. Bon Jovi has had a ton of hits over the years. I finally saw them in concert 7 or 8 yrs ago and they put on an awesome show.

If being a writer was a requirement, George Strait never would've been put in the country music hall of fame.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. George did eventually come around as a writer, but for the most part, the majority of his material was written by other people.

It's kind of a weak R&R Hall of Fame class this year.

I mean, I know the Moody Blues and the Cars are important, but I've never been a fan of either. I'm down with Dire Straits and Nina Simone, but still.

Forum List

Back