Bon voyage 112th Congress

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
More like "don't let the door hit you..." :bye1: January 3rd can't get here fast enough. Too bad Bachmann, among others, wasn't headed out w/ them.

First Thoughts: Farewell to the 112th Congress - First Read
just 219 bills have been passed into law -- the lowest number since Congress began tracking this number in the 1940s. (And many of these bills were naming courthouses or post offices.)
this particular Congress, which comes to an end on Jan. 3, has been uniquely dysfunctional.

Last edited:
If the GOP could only elect sane candidates. Id like to have a word with anyone who in all honety casted a vote for Michelle Bachman. Man, youre telling me minnasota has nothing better to offer?

If the GOP could only elect sane candidates. Id like to have a word with anyone who in all honety casted a vote for Michelle Bachman. Man, youre telling me minnasota has nothing better to offer?

Well it is the same state that sent Al Franken to the Senate and elected Jesse Venture as Governor.

Haha they must smoke some good shit up there.. America's Hat, what a goofy place.

More like "don't let the door hit you..." :bye1: January 3rd can't get here fast enough. Too bad Bachmann, among others, wasn't headed out w/ them.

just 219 bills have been passed into law -- the lowest number since Congress began tracking this number in the 1940s. (And many of these bills were naming courthouses or post offices.)
this particular Congress, which comes to an end on Jan. 3, has been uniquely dysfunctional.

True, unfortunately the new Congress will likely be just as dysfunctional with many TPM nitwits still in office.

True, unfortunately the new Congress will likely be just as dysfunctional with many TPM nitwits still in office.
Yeah maybe Harry Reid and the Senate will finally pass a budget in Obama's second term.

good riddance to the 112th - a few less Rs in the 113th is that much better for the country.

I don't know why you libtards think that ONLY 219 new laws is a bad thing.

You elected the same fools back into office. Unless this is a bonehead celebration I don't get it.

Last edited:
n00b says what? They were the least productive congress since statistics on their work began being taken down. I still remember when Boehner & the t -party congress were naming post offices instead of doing the heavy lifting.

Boehner used the seemingly inconsequential suspension bills to buy time as he tried to drum up much-needed votes to pass his debt plan. But if anyone is critical of the House's penchant for renaming post offices, it's the speaker himself.
"With all the challenges facing our nation, it is absurd that Congress spends so much time on naming post offices, congratulating sports teams, and celebrating the birthdays of historical figures," Boehner said in a September 2010 speech in Washington.
Promising reform, the newly-minted Republican majority established rules preventing resolutions that commend, congratulate, or celebrate an "entity, event, group, individual, institution, team, or government program."

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2...-post-office-bills-stall-tactic#ixzz2Gk6qRfWP

Last edited:

Well it is the same state that sent Al Franken to the Senate and elected Jesse Venture as Governor.

Not to mention that Muslim Congressman Keith Ellison.

Man, are you telling me Minnesota has nothing better to offer?

Bon voyage 112th Congress

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5XVAugy_3I]Raw Video: Crowds Cheer Outside White House - YouTube[/ame]

120712_boehner_crying_reu_328_605.jpg

Forum List

Back