Bomb found on railray in Madrid

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
Bomb Found on Rail Line in Spain
3 minutes ago

MADRID, Spain - Police found a bomb Friday under the track of Spain's bullet train line between Madrid and Seville, the Spanish interior minister said.

Bomb-disposal experts alerted by a railway employee found 22-24 pounds of explosive that might be dynamite about 40 miles south of Madrid, Interior Minister Angel Acebes said.

The explosives were connected to a detonator with a 450-foot cable, the minister told a news conference.

The track is used by Spain's Ave trains, which can reach speeds of 186 mph.

Acebes said it was not known who placed the bomb.

The bomb's discovery came less than a month after 10 backpack bombs ripped through four commuter trains in Madrid, killing 191 people and injuring more than 1,800. The focus of the investigation is a Moroccan extremist group with links to al-Qaida. The bombs were detonated with cell phones attached to the explosives.

On Thursday, police in northern Spain defused three letter bombs addressed to journalists in Madrid.

Acebes said the origin of the letter bombs has not been determined, although the mechanism of the bombs is "similar to those that have been used by anarchist groups on previous occasions."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&e=1&u=/ap/20040402/ap_on_re_eu/spain_bomb_found

Welp... there goes the idea of the sweet little deal Spain made with the terrorists.

It'll be interesting to find out who planted it..

I'm sure that we will hear that the evil Bush administration planted it to get Spain back for going against their wishes .

Spain Confirms Matchup of Bomb Materials

MADRID, Spain - Interior Minister Angel Acebes confirmed Saturday that the bomb found at a high-speed rail line a day earlier was made of the same type of explosives used in the Madrid terror bombings.

"The explosives are the same as those used on March 11, but at this moment the investigation is continuing ... to try to determine who is behind it," Acebes told reporters in Madrid.

Train service was restored Saturday after being interrupted a day earlier by the discovery of a 26-pound bomb hidden in a bag, the state rail company said.

Investigators have said the March 11 bombings were carried out with Spanish dynamite — Goma 2 Eco. The attack killed 191 people and injured 1,800.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...3/ap_on_re_eu/spain_bombings&cid=518&ncid=716

Question:

has anyone said anything about when this bomb was planted? have they figured that out?

I'm interested to see if this is a leftover, planted back in September or newly planted.

Drudge report just announced that the suspects in the Madrid Bombing blew their own asses up , they have found the DNA of at least 3 but they were going to check the apartment complex's pool for body parts .
Not very neat but there won't be a need for a long drawn out trial.

Actually... just an edit to my last post that I realized was wrong.

I meant, has anyone heard if the bomb was a leftover from March, not September.

Forum List

Back