Bomb found on MLK Jr Parade route

Blame is what's "in" right now. Didn't you get the memo?
well, where i would first look is into either an anarchist group or foreign terrorists

not average people

I'd lean more to a white supremacy group or individual.

Have you ever met one? And I don't mean some jack wagon on TV. Actually met and talked with.

these people are dumb as stumps and as bright as charcoal ash.

It's a long shot to be on of these goons.

I hope they find whoever did it and throw him under the jail.

dont you mean carefully place him where he/she/they can not do any harm?

:eusa_angel:

sorry, couldn't help myself

No. If that was what I meant, I would have said it. Once this person is found and assuming they are convicted, they need to be executed at the earliest possible opportunity. This kind of BS has no place in this country.

I hope they find whoever did it and throw him under the jail.

dont you mean carefully place him where he/she/they can not do any harm?

:eusa_angel:

sorry, couldn't help myself

No. If that was what I meant, I would have said it. Once this person is found and assuming they are convicted, they need to be executed at the earliest possible opportunity. This kind of BS has no place in this country.

If they had killed anyone, I would agree.

But they didn't, so the death penalty is off the table.

um, why would anyone suspect either a liberal or a conservative in this?

Don't think it was a conservative. My money is it being a FAR right wing wacko. We breed them here.

How odd that the authorities are saying they've never seen anything like this in this country, then.

Doesn't sound like a right wing wacko. Sounds like foreigners wanting to blow someone up.

Bomb_Backpack.jpg

SEATTLE — A suspicious backpack found Monday along the route of a march honoring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., in Spokane, Wash., contained a live bomb that was “likely capable of inflicting multiple casualties,” federal investigators said Tuesday.

The package, found before the morning march, prompted law enforcement to ask march officials to change their route and several businesses to evacuate as investigators sent in bomb-smelling dogs, a robot and specially trained officers.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation said the bomb was neutralized at the scene. It was found on a bench at North Washington Street and West Main Avenue.

“We’re certainly approaching it as a potential domestic terrorism event at this point,” said Frank Harrill, the F.B.I.’s supervisory senior resident agent in Spokane.

“Whether the motive was racial or an individual was being targeted, it’s too soon to say,” he said.

The device, partially concealed by clothing in a Swiss Army-brand backpack, was reported to police about 9:25 a.m. by a contract worker whose duties included helping to maintain a nearby parking lot, Mr. Harrill said. The worker apparently handled the bag and took photographs of it and sent the photographs to the police, Mr. Harrill said.

The F.B.I. is offering a $20,000 reward for information about the identity of anyone seen with the backpack. The agency is also seeking photographs or video taken in the area that morning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/19/us/19bomb.html

This strikes me as odd...he suspected the bag enough to call police but handled it anyways? :eusa_eh:

Very Stupid. Very, Very Stupid! ;)

The backpack was equipped with a powerful bomb, positioned to inflict maximum blast damage toward the intended route of Spokane’s annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day Unity March through downtown.

The FBI confirmed Tuesday that the Swiss Army brand backpack contained a bomb that could have caused “multiple casualties” and credited Spokane city employees who noticed the suspicious bag and alerted authorities in time to reroute the parade. A $20,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.

“It definitely was, by all early analysis, a viable device that was very lethal and had the potential to inflict multiple casualties,” said Frank Harrill, the special agent in charge of the Spokane FBI office. “Clearly, the timing and placement of a device – secreted in a backpack – with the Martin Luther King parade is not coincidental. We are doing everything humanly possible to identify the individuals or individual who constructed and placed this device.”

But two security sources, who did not want to be named because they were not authorized to discuss the case, told The Spokesman-Review that they received a briefing Tuesday suggesting that the bomb was equipped to detonate by a remote device, such as a car remote or garage door opener. The bomb apparently also had its own shrapnel that could have caused significant injuries to anyone near the blast.
Bomb capable of lethal impact - Spokesman.com - Jan. 19, 2011

thats pretty ^(&$%#!

well, where i would first look is into either an anarchist group or foreign terrorists

not average people

I'd lean more to a white supremacy group or individual.

Personally I am suspicious of the whole damn thing myself :doubt:
Wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt a plant to bring sympathy..... just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Why would they make such an elaborate bomb?
I am thinking some racist asshole, it usually is. You have to think about the area, and past events.

Good!

I'm glad they found it before it went off and that no one was hurt. Now, if they can only find out who left it and put him/her behind bars for a very, very long time...

Immie

Forum List

Back