Bolton in his own words

c.inquisition

Rookie
Aug 2, 2005
Philadelphia
"Above all, let us be realistic about the United Nations. It can be a useful tool in the American foreign policy kit. The UN should be used when and where we choose to use it to advance American national interests, not to validate academic theories and abstract models. But the UN is only a tool, not a theology. It is one of several options we have, and it is certainly not invariably the most important one.

Read the whole chapter - http://www.cato.org/pubs/books/bolton-chapter.pdf

Like this guy. Really like this guy.

insein said:
i got no problem with gay people either. As long as they dont shove it in my face.

the face i can deal with but when both their hands end up on my shoulders that is where i draw the line damnit

I dont like straight couples that are all over each other in public. I damn sure dont need to see a gay couple having PDA. I also dont like the disproportionate amount of gay people on TV. It seems like 1 out of 3 programs has a gay character of some sort being flamboyantly gay. Less than 10% of the population is gay. So how is that accuarate?

insein said:
I dont like straight couples that are all over each other in public. I damn sure dont need to see a gay couple having PDA. I also dont like the disproportionate amount of gay people on TV. It seems like 1 out of 3 programs has a gay character of some sort being flamboyantly gay. Less than 10% of the population is gay. So how is that accuarate?

For some kind of agenda, though I hate it when that word is used too often. I think it is Hollywood's martyr complex. It's like America's love for the underdog is dropping acid. Bad things, man, bad things.

c.inquisition said:
"Above all, let us be realistic about the United Nations. It can be a useful tool in the American foreign policy kit. The UN should be used when and where we choose to use it to advance American national interests, not to validate academic theories and abstract models. But the UN is only a tool, not a theology. It is one of several options we have, and it is certainly not invariably the most important one.

Welcome to the board!!

Yes I too like a man that cuts thru the detritus. :)

insein said:

50% of Hollywood is gay or Bi-sexual...the remainder tolerate it!

insein said:

Black people are also over represented on TV.

Bonnie said:
Welcome to the board!!

Yes I too like a man that cuts thru the detritus. :)

Thanks for the welcome. Now the Democrats are saying that because he didn't get the votes to break a filibuster, he has no real mandate to represent the public. Supermajority for a mandate? What in the name of James Madison are they thinking?

have proper standing at the UN because of the recess appointment. That is balderdash. More than half the UN consist of third world nations run by corrupt dictators and their representatives at the UN are recognized as legitimate. Bolton represents the United States and as such will be well respected. Besides the fellow is going to shake things up in that corrupt organization and will be respected and FEARED.

c.inquisition said:
Thanks for the welcome. Now the Democrats are saying that because he didn't get the votes to break a filibuster, he has no real mandate to represent the public. Supermajority for a mandate? What in the name of James Madison are they thinking?

That's the Democrats feeble and played out modus operandi for attempting to diminish Bolton's effectiveness at his job because they know he will for the next 15 months or so do a great job, and when his time to actually be vote on comes up they have no real recourse to keep him from the position.

The fact that he goes to the U.N. with the President's confidence is all that he needs to carry out his job well.

c.inquisition said:

Of course you do...You have a mean spirited diplomat that has been known to deep six intelligence that he doesn't agree with...and harass the people who come up with it.
Makes perfect sense that YOU would love this guy.

A caustic, crazy man for one of the top diplomatic positions around.
Ranks right up their therewithwhen Bush appointed an oil man as the head of the EPA in Texas.

You are consistent though.

Beefheart said:
Of course you do...You have a mean spirited diplomat that has been known to deep six intelligence that he doesn't agree with...and harass the people who come up with it.
Makes perfect sense that YOU would love this guy.

A caustic, crazy man for one of the top diplomatic positions around.
Ranks right up their therewithwhen Bush appointed an oil man as the head of the EPA in Texas.

You are consistent though.

Again with these generalized attacks. When will you provide any shred of evidence to what you spew? No links at all. :link: Not even from left wing hate sites. You bring nothing but your talking points from either your teacher or your parents and have no views of your own. When you get an opinion and have the ability to argue it, then maybe we can have a discussion with you. till then...

:trolls:

Forum List

Back