BOHICA: Record number of coal-fired generators to be shut down in 2012

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Record number of coal-fired generators to be shut down in 2012

Read more: Record number of coal-fired generators to shut down in 2012 | The Daily Caller

Facing declining demand for electricity and stiff federal environmental regulations, coal plant operators are planning to retire 175 coal-fired generators, or 8.5 percent of the total coal-fired capacity in the United States, according to an analysis by the Energy Information Administration (EIA).

A record-high 57 generators will shut down in 2012, representing 9 gigawatts of electrical capacity, according to EIA. In 2015, nearly 10 gigawatts of capacity from 61 coal-fired generators will be retired.

While many of those coal plants are old and relatively inefficient, the scope of this new planned shutdown is unprecedented.

Read more: Record number of coal-fired generators to shut down in 2012 | The Daily Caller

Both the administration and the electric companies. The electric companies are not making enough money because the left has gutting American industry. So that means one thing, the middle class must pay more. It is going to happen be prepared. Just like gasoline prices doubled under Obama.

I didn't read the article. How many jobs is that going to cost? Remember that on your way to the polls. Tell your friends. Tell your adult children. Get out the vote.

Both the administration and the electric companies. The electric companies are not making enough money because the left has gutting American industry. So that means one thing, the middle class must pay more. It is going to happen be prepared. Just like gasoline prices doubled under Obama.

I've put this up frequently and yet NO one seems to pay attention to WHAT Obama told us he was going to do!!!

1) says "I'd like higher gas prices.."
2) said:“Under my plan....electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.
3) said: So, if somebody wants to build a coal[electric utility] plant, they can
it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"
4)Told Brazil.."we'll be your best [oil] customer".
5) said "I favor single payer insurance".. meaning 1,400 insurance companies stop:
paying $100 billion in Fed/state/local taxes as well as LOCAL property taxes.
400,000 employees let go collecting $6 billion in unemployment checks!

All of the above shows Obama's attitudes that create decisions that put people out of work!

I've put this up frequently and yet NO one seems to pay attention to WHAT Obama told us he was going to do!!!

1) says "I'd like higher gas prices.."
2) said:“Under my plan....electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.
3) said: So, if somebody wants to build a coal[electric utility] plant, they can
it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"
4)Told Brazil.."we'll be your best [oil] customer".
5) said "I favor single payer insurance".. meaning 1,400 insurance companies stop:
paying $100 billion in Fed/state/local taxes as well as LOCAL property taxes.
400,000 employees let go collecting $6 billion in unemployment checks!

All of the above shows Obama's attitudes that create decisions that put people out of work!

I pay attention.

He also said that he would make health care affordable, my company is dropping us all in 2014 and we are a big company.

He also shut down Yucca Mountain which is going to cause an enviornmental disaster. May not happen on his watch but it will happen. As far as I see and read he has offered not alternatives.

Forum List

Back