BofA, the Right and Economics

Well, I don't think he expected to turn a profit quite yet. He's a bit more of a long-term investor.

Will he turn a profit? He didn't become a multi-billionaire through failed investments.

You are right. I think it was a very risky move though. But risky moves, when right, pay off big. Too bad liberals punish that.
Translation: I said something stupid, therefore liberals suck.

:cuckoo:

Now I remember why I had you on ignore. Never anything of substance to read.

Carry on

Companies will invest in expansion if and when the market is there for them to profit from it. Until Obamas policies and regulations are rolled back it isnt gonna happen. This is America, companies are not in business for charitable reasons.

So, despite the low tax rates for the wealthy, despite the record profits for businesses, despite the billions of investment dollars, despite the record level of cash held by companies, despite all this, despite the GOP getting their perfect situation for job growth, "Obamas policies and regulations" are able to stop ALL of that, and in fact FORCE companies to shrink payroll.

Wow. Seriously, wow.

:clap2:

I can't remember the last time I've seen somebody so categorically deny reality.

Companies will invest in expansion if and when the market is there for them to profit from it. Until Obamas policies and regulations are rolled back it isnt gonna happen. This is America, companies are not in business for charitable reasons.

So, despite the low tax rates for the wealthy, despite the record profits for businesses, despite the billions of investment dollars, despite the record level of cash held by companies, despite all this, despite the GOP getting their perfect situation for job growth, "Obamas policies and regulations" are able to stop ALL of that, and in fact FORCE companies to shrink payroll.

Wow. Seriously, wow.

:clap2:

I can't remember the last time I've seen somebody so categorically deny reality.

Yep, its crazy how Obama ignores the obvious. Imagine if we were under a Republican president and the only people prospering were ceo's and wall street. You all would cretainly go nuts then eh?

For months now we have all been lectured on these boards from those on the right about how if you cut taxes for the wealthy, they will invest that money and the company they invest in will then use that money to hire new workers and expand. According to the economic minds of the right, this happens every time, all the time, no exceptions, ever.

A few weeks ago, Warren Buffet, hated rich guy, invested $5B in Bank of America. Bank of America then turned around and announced lay offs of some 30,000 workers.

Now, I have already seen posts from people trying to blame the BofA firings on Obama (very funny by the way), but what I would seriously like, honestly, is for one of the economic minds on the right to explain to all of us, how is it you were predicting one thing and the exact opposite happened?

Thanks in advance

President Obama has alread answered your question. The infusion of cash by Buffet saved approximately 300,000 jobs over the alternative of no cash infusion. :eusa_shhh:

For months now we have all been lectured on these boards from those on the right about how if you cut taxes for the wealthy, they will invest that money and the company they invest in will then use that money to hire new workers and expand. According to the economic minds of the right, this happens every time, all the time, no exceptions, ever.

A few weeks ago, Warren Buffet, hated rich guy, invested $5B in Bank of America. Bank of America then turned around and announced lay offs of some 30,000 workers.

Now, I have already seen posts from people trying to blame the BofA firings on Obama (very funny by the way), but what I would seriously like, honestly, is for one of the economic minds on the right to explain to all of us, how is it you were predicting one thing and the exact opposite happened?

Thanks in advance

I understand that Bof A is being targeted by this Administration. Even their stock prices reflect that. The sharks are circling. Keep throwing stones though, Idiot.

Thanks in advance

No, idiot child...we haven't been advocating tax "cuts" for the wealthy...we've been telling you that tax "increases" on the wealthy in this economy would bring what anemic growth we do have to a screeching halt...a view shared by, of all people, Christina Romer.

What "that" has to do with BOA laying off $30,000 workers is something you'll have to explain to me.

Bank Of America has been on the edge of going under for quite some time now. Investing in them is and was a piss poor idea. BOA is trying to survive not grow. If you want to invest in a company for future growth you have to perform due dilligence and research the company.

You should probably send that advice to Buffett... only you might want to learn how to spell it, before you tell him how he's doing it wrong.

Thanks in advance

Look. If the rich get more money, they'll invest and create jobs, obviously. Unless they don't. Then it's Obama's fault.

Thanks in advance

stop being stupid. one reason bof a is letting those folks go is they will eventually have to pony up oh 20 or 30 billion or so because the obama DOJ wants to ass rape them, as they claim that bofa sold them bad mortgages........yes, you heard that right.

and last I checked buffett was the darling of the left, for talking complete BS about how his secretary has a higher income tax rate than he does.....

Thanks in advance

stop being stupid. one reason bof a is letting those folks go is they will eventually have to pony up oh 20 or 30 billion or so because the obama DOJ wants to ass rape them, as they claim that bofa sold them bad mortgages........yes, you heard that right.

and last I checked buffett was the darling of the left, for talking complete BS about how his secretary has a higher income tax rate than he does.....

You've really got to hand it to all the "brilliant" people we've got working in this Administration. They're now in the process of suing all the big banks, trying to paint them as the bad guys in the mortgage debacle so they can score political points and if they succeed they'll probably put some of those banks so far in the red that we'll have to bail them out again with taxpayer's money. This Administration really is "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight".

Forum List

Back